It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coach teaches some respect for the National Anthem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Oh I see. So now I see why so many of you really care about this.

Because you think it's an insult to Trump.

Wow. That's cool.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There is a time an place to make a political statement or protest.

That time isn't in the beginning credits of a movie and it isn't just before a game.

Like those overpaid movie actors the overpaid athletes should play their part. Both of them are getting paid huge bucks to entertain.

If after the game they want to make some political statement it is all good just like those blowhards actors do.

Saying that I fully admit that they have every right to be political asshats during the anthem and express their first amendment rights to do so. They are not protected from being looked at as asshats by the people who just want to see some entertainment.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Domo1

This wasn't at all the point of the OP. The point was that standing for the National Anthem is a sign of respect for the men and women that fought for our ideals, including the right to protest. So kneeling during song is effectively spitting in the face of those that sacrificed everything to GIVE you the right to act like an asshat.

I don't find not standing during the singing of the National Anthem to be disrespecting anyone. Did all those people fight and die for a country where people are forced to display patriotism and to do so as others see fit?

Who determined that national anthems are necessary, that our national anthem is strictly about honoring the military and that sporting events were the appropriate venue for these compulsory displays of patriotism?

Who cares? It is what it is. You stand or you are being disrepectful. Whats funny is if they were kneeling to support Trump you would be like .

OMG OMG these guys are so disrespectful and there would be 20 threads by you trying to prove it.

My god you are a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Oh I see. So now I see why so many of you really care about this.

Because you think it's an insult to Trump.

Wow. That's cool.

It's not what I think it's what people say and you know it, but if these guys want to make a statement then they should do it when they are getting paid not before not after but during, do you agree?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Oddly enough what they're doing doesn't even take anything away from the anthem or the game at all. They don't speak or make statements or do anything other than take a knee vs. stand.

They don't stop anything from happening as it normally would. In fact, if you didn't look at them and were looking at the flag like you're supposed to, you wouldn't even see them kneeling.

So yeah. Let's hear it for Freedom.

Jesus you guys are uptight.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

What???

I don't follow you at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Oddly enough what they're doing doesn't even take anything away from the anthem or the game at all.

Oddly enough, that's just your personal opinion other do differ.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

NO, that is a fact. They aren't stopping anything from happening. They still play the game like normal. The anthem is still played like normal.

What are they doing that stops anyone else from saluting the flag???

What have they done other than simply take a knee vs. stand???

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

What???

I don't follow you at all.

Do you agree with DB idea on the players protesting during game time if they truly want to be taken serious?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I don't really even agree that it's a protest.

It's just them taking a knee FFS.

They aren't even doing anything.

So what difference does it make??? Even most of you think it's pointless and isn't doing anything so why do you care???

Apparently you care because Trump cares.

Do you even realize how ridiculous this whole thing is???

How many threads do we need about this????

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
dp
edit on 26-9-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Oddly enough, that's just your personal opinion other do differ.

You say it doesn't take away from the game and I completely disagree.

It is all entertainment if it wasn't then they wouldn't be getting paid millions. Their asshattery isn't entertaining.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

dp

I really don't give a toss one way or the other but I agree with you on that they aren't even doing anything so why are they getting down on their knees submitting?

Not sure why you are asking me on how many threads do we need but if you don't like them then please scroll by.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Fine, Disagree.

I disagree that what they're doing isn't resulting in entertainment though. Although isn't not them entertaining anybody.

Watching all of you lose your minds over this is entertaining as hell.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What do you mean why am I asking you. Because I'm talking to you about it. So it makes sense I would direct my questions to you.

Thanks for playing??? Are we playing a something???

This is just stupid. I'm done. I won't bother your conversations about this anymore. Because this isn't even a conversation. It's just a bunch of complainers complaining about nothing because you want to be offended by nothing.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I live in KC .. First game against the Pats, They played the Anthem and after The Announcer says "just fyi the only player kneeling was Marcus Peters". I had not even thought about that Shi since last season but they made sure to bring it up and point out the ONE kneeler in the first 5 minutes of air time.

The agenda was very clear first game of the season.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I commend Buzz with what he was trying to convey (coach). This came out last year directly after Kaep did his lazy protest before he did anything about anything.

A lot of people here forget it's a multi faceted street. They have the right to kneel, people have the right to support them, people also have the right to state their displeasure and voice their opinion that it's disrespectful.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It's just a bunch of complainers complaining about nothing because you want to be offended by nothing.

So you're complaining about complainers complaining about complainers.

AAAAhahahahahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

What do you mean why am I asking you. Because I'm talking to you about it. So it makes sense I would direct my questions to you.

Thanks for playing??? Are we playing a something???

This is just stupid. I'm done. I won't bother your conversations about this anymore. Because this isn't even a conversation. It's just a bunch of complainers complaining about nothing because you want to be offended by nothing.

If you don't want to answer the question then say so but at least admit that you are the one that is complaining.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Maybe, if that was really what you were doing.

But sh*t posting online isn't the same as Silently taking a knee is it.

People are complaining about them Protesting the Flag. That isn't what they're protesting. Taking a knee during the anthem isn't even offensive.

Everyone is just trying to be offended by it because they want to be.

It is offensive, especially in sports where sportsmanship and professionalism is expected of highly-paid athletes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join