It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protection from Terror Poll - 64% Happy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Politics or War Forum? Not sure -

2/3 of Americans are happy with the Bush Administration's
handling of the War on Terror. I'm happy, but I'm not
'beyond happy', which is what I'd like to be. We are off
to a good start, but there are many, many, more things
that need to be done ... border protection, airline safety,
safety of our food and water supply, .... much more to be done.

Poll: Bush gets high marks on protection from terror
CNN.com
February 9, 2005
Excerpt:

Nearly two-thirds of Americans are satisfied with the way things are going in the war on terrorism, according to a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released Tuesday.

Sixty-four percent of those polled said they were "very" or "somewhat" satisfied with the way things are going in the war on terrorism, while 35 percent said they were dissatisfied.

The telephone poll of 1,010 adult Americans was conducted between Friday and Sunday, and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Asked about their confidence in the Bush administration's ability to protect U.S. citizens from terrorism, 38 percent said they had a "great deal" of confidence and 35 percent said they had a "moderate amount."

Sixteen percent said they had "not much" confidence in the administration's ability to protect Americans, and 10 percent said they had "none at all."
Full Story

[edit on 2/10/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Of course we feel save we are fighting our battle on someone elses land. And even though that makes me feel safe that doesn't make it right.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have always wondered several things about these polls. Whether they represent something I agree or disagree with.

I worked for a small company, that had a call center. They make over 1000 calls an hour, yet these national polling centers can't seem to make many at all over an entire weekend?

Also who do they call? I have never been called. Do they pick numbers from Republican National Commitee Donors list to support the president and Democratic National Commitee Donors list for polls against the president?

Polls, of such a small number, cannot be used to aquire good statistics.

Give me a poll where they polled a few hundred thousand across the country, taking into consideration social, economic, geographic, political and racial variances.

Phae

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kramthenothing
even though that makes me feel safe that doesn't make it right.

What? Since when?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ditto that NYGDAN. Kramthenothing - it is VERY right to take
the battle back to the terrorists. It is VERY right to keep them
from attacking us here. I'm sorry that you would rather have
the terrorists attacking here rather than us attacking them
over there.... But I for one am VERY glad it's over there where
it belongs. THEY started it here, so we took it back to their
lands to finish it. It's how a war is supposed to be run.
That's the way to win.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
this whole terrorism situation reminds me of that simpsons episode where the bear patrol was incorperated into springfeilds budget because of one lone bear that waltz into town. the people went into an uproar and soon they had stealth bombers patroling the skys as a part of bear prevention. homer gloated to lisa that the bear patrol he had lobbied for was working miraculously. she then told him that she had a rock that would ward off tigers, and since there were no tigers around it must work, homer bought her rock.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
They're protecting us from their concocted terrorism, and they do a fine job keeping the illusion going...and going...and going...

64% of the Bush fans pleased? what about the rest? Its the same all the time- they poll the hard core Bushies and then he's portrayed as a devine God...BS.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Ditto that NYGDAN. Kramthenothing - it is VERY right to take
the battle back to the terrorists. It is VERY right to keep them
from attacking us here. I'm sorry that you would rather have
over there.... But I for one am VERY glad it's over there where
it belongs. THEY started it here, so we took it back to their
lands to finish it. It's how a war is supposed to be run.
That's the way to win.

Ok FlyersFan, Now I know there is a ton of speculation over who the terrorist really were and where they came from. But what evidence do you have that proves that they were Iraqi.

I believe most of the evidence points to them being Saudi or Lybian. So we attacked Iraq. That makes sense in some warped universe i suppose. Rather than demanding the the US find and punish the Terrorists you promote willy nilly attacking all Middle eastern countries? Kill em all and let God sort em out? Whether they are innocent or not?

Not all Muslims are radical fanatics. The same as not all Christians are Republican.

Simple truth is Find those Truly Responsible for 9/11 and bring them to justice, instead of fighting and killing people who not only had no clue about 9/11 but most likely feel the same emotions we do over the lose of lives.

But then again thats not profitable and they wouldn't be able to promote corporate contracts for all their buddies, dump billions into an already heavily inflated military budget, take the nations debt from a surplus to trillions in the red, and inact laws to keep the US populace under check.

Phae

[edit on 2/10/2005 by Phaethor]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They never did find that anthrax guy did they?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm sorry that you would rather have
over there....

Nice spin flyersfan. Kram never said that at all. That was a rather pathetic attempt to put words in somebody's mouth.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If you all want security so bad, go live in prison. They feed you, house you, even put you through college. I'll take freedom over security any day. And if you're an American, it's your heritage to do the same.

“He who gives up essential liberty for a little temporary security deserves neither liberty nor security.”
- Benjamin Franklin

Or have you forgotten what it is to be an American, America? I think you've been watching too much television, drinking too much of the water, and eating too much processed meat. Oh well, it's your funeral.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Strange that over half of people in any terror poll would find themselves feeling safe when several domestic terror events occurred after 09/11/01. The Anthrax mailings (unsolved), the Shoe Bomber, the Maryland Sniper, the Smiley Face Bomber, and the WV/Ohio Sniper(s) (unsolved). None of these events were prevented from happening other than the Shoe Bomber incident and it was the passengers of the flight, not the government, which stopped it as it was occurring. Not to mention that several U.S. civilians have died as a result of terrorist actions overseas in Iraq now that it has become a warzone.

From the track record of preventing terrorism that I listed above, the government has a higher probability of not preventing future terrorist attacks than it does preventing them from taking place. With the multiple failed convictions of suspect terrorists in recent months in the U.S. the entire notion of being able to prevent terrorists from entering the country seems to be a failed action as well since there is nothing in the way of actual terrorists being caught, tried, convicted, and punished.

You are no safer now than you were before September 11th 2001. With the U.S. government inciting violence in the Middle East it only stands to reason that you are actually less safe now than you were before terrorism became the subject that swallowed your life up.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Frith]

new topics

top topics

join