It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Kim Jong Un Trying To Commit Suicide By Cop?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Which will be a great motivator for some nation with a less appalling track record on committing acts of espionage, assassination, and economic destabilisation, against nations it would like to have the resources of, to build a navy capable of filling the gap.

How's everything on planet altruism? You know this isn't going to happen, Europe is too deep into the corn dole to build a useful navy, the only other option is China which isn't really an option.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I live on the same planet you do Augustus, I just do not believe that continuing to accept unacceptable circumstances, actually achieves any positive outcomes.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I live on the same planet you do Augustus...

I'm orbiting DB right now, the escape velocity is too high to leave.

...I just do not believe that continuing to accept unacceptable circumstances, actually achieves any positive outcomes.

Trans-oceanic trade is stable, the status quo is good and the alternative are either non-viable or unacceptable.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Peace at the cost of uninvited policing of international waters, by a nation whose recent for profit conflicts should have meant their military being confined within their borders for a few decades, to protect the rest of the world from them, is not what I would call acceptable, even if trade and shipping are safer now than they have ever been.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Peace at the cost of uninvited policing of international waters...

It is invited, by every other country's indifference and inability or desire to construct a blue water navy.

I'll expect a fruit basket for our efforts. Make sure it has some of those summer sausages and a nice cheddar.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

America is in no moral position to police the world Augustus. Hell, its government is currently not in a moral position to police its own territory, so antithetical is its leadership to the founding principles which bought its existence about in the first place.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

America is in no moral position to police the world Augustus.

I'm not talking about morality, I'm talking about practicality.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Practicality?

What possible relevance does that have? You want to talk practicality, lets talk about foreign policy choices for a moment. Increased drone strikes WILL create more terrorists than they kill, because they will kill more innocents than combatants, more orphaned children has always worked out to greater terrorism problems later on. Yet, more drone strikes are being enacted now, because Trump removed an Obama era policy which limited their use, even under his murderous reign. Couple that to the fact that the United States is STILL providing arms and money to Saudi Arabia, the middlemen who put those arms and funds in the hands of the very terror network that America CLAIMS to be fighting against, and you have a VERY impractical scenario there. The same military industrial complex which polices the worlds oceans, is the same MIC which creates the vast majority of the world wide threats it combats.

Tell me, with that level of criminality at its core, what is it that makes you think that it is in any way practical for the US Navy, an appendage of a blatantly corrupt government, to be the ones to police ANYTHING?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Practicality?

What possible relevance does that have?

What relevance does open sea commerce have? You tell me.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Practicality?

What possible relevance does that have? You want to talk practicality, lets talk about foreign policy choices for a moment. Increased drone strikes WILL create more terrorists than they kill, because they will kill more innocents than combatants, more orphaned children has always worked out to greater terrorism problems later on. Yet, more drone strikes are being enacted now, because Trump removed an Obama era policy which limited their use, even under his murderous reign. Couple that to the fact that the United States is STILL providing arms and money to Saudi Arabia, the middlemen who put those arms and funds in the hands of the very terror network that America CLAIMS to be fighting against, and you have a VERY impractical scenario there. The same military industrial complex which polices the worlds oceans, is the same MIC which creates the vast majority of the world wide threats it combats.

Tell me, with that level of criminality at its core, what is it that makes you think that it is in any way practical for the US Navy, an appendage of a blatantly corrupt government, to be the ones to police ANYTHING?
President of the United States=President of the World.
Just like how the sun never set on the British Empire...only now the sun never sets on the American military.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Ok what if you are right. Kim is very aware he is surrounded by people who are stronger than him, yet nobody sees his suffering and he is acting out what others say about him as a self fulfilling prophecy.

Maybe the US should consider giving him stuff first before they proceed on taking away his stuff by force. Obviously he feels like he doesn't have something and he needs to get it, but maybe he doesn't even know what he needs. So the US should invest money otherwise spend on military assets and reconstruction after a war. They should drop all kinds of stuff:

- lots of food, not just unprepared food but ready to be eaten like flying a drone over the borders and just feeding the closest person
- solar panels
- electric vehicles
- washing machines, refrigerators, anything luxurious
- lots of stuff for them to grow weed

Kim will hoard everything or destroy as expected, but at some point either he'll be saturated with stuff and feel like he has enough for himself and willing to share or people will revolt because he is obviously wasting stuff that they have seen, coveted and want for themselves.

If it fails there's always the option to go to war. This just makes more sense, even though it might appear as a bottomless pit to throw stuff at we're moving on to the robotic era and this is just another kind of charity to a developing country that has a long way to go. Even if Kim quits tomorrow, those people will have to deal with that brainwashing for several generations to come.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join