It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAND - Global Terror Incidents Plummet %66

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Nothing Worth Changing Your Mind Over

If you want America to win, then America is winning.

If you want America to lose, then America is losing.

Everybody's happy -- except those who know they are on the wrong side of the war.

For you, the future looks bleak indeed. Fear it, as you fear everything else.

Find out how far fear will take you.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I'm new here...well, actually I've been reading these boards for a few months, just never got around to posting anything.

Anyways, the stats for this thread seriously confused me, so I went over to the rand-mipt site and ran the graphs myself. The results I got certainly didn't show a 66% drop, but actually had the second most incidents since 1967 (2004 had 2328 incidents and the only higher year was 2002 at 2645). Those numbers are for both domestic and international terrorism...and since I'm not sure what the global is supposed to mean, I did the same thing for just international terrorism and got pretty much the same results, but this time 2004 had the most incidents since 1991 (320 to 427).

Now that I checked the first one again, I realized that the problem was exactly what people said...it didn't include 2004. You can run the stuff for 2004 yourself here:

www.tkb.org...

So anyways, long story short. The stats are the same, they just stopped in 2004 and then claimed a radical drop off...It's actually more than misleading, it's just an outright lie. Pretty stupid thing to lie about. maybe you should go for original sources next time

Unless I don't know what plummet means...

more info on RAND-MIPT terrorism data base is here: www.rand.org...

***EDIT*** Graph link didn't work...you can just run it yourself to see.
***EDIT*** I am an idiot
***EDIT*** Sorry, I'm new
***EDIT*** Last one, I promise...just a typo this time
[edit on 10-2-2005 by robotbot]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Welcome to the site robotbot and thanks for doing the research.
You had me laughing with your comments above

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's blatantly clear. Those who continue to hold on to an aspect that the Bush administration has done something good here is extremely warped and shows how indelible Americans have become through years of government lies covering their atrocities. I understand not everyone 'reads' what is going on but it is quite clear that those who still believe in the administration are as deluded and under the same hysteria as those who believed in the German third Reich. The facts are clear, they are open for everyone to digest, there is no reason to continue to be ignorant. If you agree with the Bush administration policy you are simply agreeing to extortion, murder, theft, human rights violation, manipulation of our Constitution, and worse the bleeding of our armed forces in the name of it. What really hammers me is President Bush claims to be a Christian and goes to war on a platform of being a Christian. If he's reading the KJV hes certainly got his own interpreation of it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join