It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL gets over a billion in taxpayer-funded federal subsidies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Did you know it's illegal for the president to try and alter commerce for his opinions or to influence employers employee decisions?

edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Oh those pesky rules only apply to the 99%er's not multi billionaires.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
Except for one thing.The NFL has been in league with municipal, state and federal governments all the way back to it's origins. It is a government and capitalist psyop.
Work the people through the week and give them testosterone fueled gladiators to cheer for on the weekends.
Then go back to work.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I hate the fact that you are right.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
But people who get food-stamps are bums.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Many work full time so tax payers fill in the gap so they can eat.

To many this is much much better than having a profitable company pay a living wage.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Except for one thing.The NFL has been in league with municipal, state and federal governments all the way back to it's origins. It is a government and capitalist psyop.
Work the people through the week and give them testosterone fueled gladiators to cheer for on the weekends.
Then go back to work.

Like a Gladiator thing sorta. Bread and circuses for the masses to keep them compliant and sedated.

That would explain it for sure but it doesn't excuse it. Propagandizing and manipulating the populace like that isn't something I agree with either so I can't support it.

Just like the Military funding they get for recruiting. They get a bunch of tax dollars to promote the military and have strategic patriotic displays happening and stuff. That's not patriotism, that's marketing. That's Advertising which is the peak of deception and manipulation.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I dislike the sweeping subsidies that team sports receives in educational settings, like high schools and colleges.

It's also a shame, how over-emphasized it is over pure academics. I swear the kids here in PA can barely cobble together a meaningful thought, but know all about who-plays-whom in football coming up. I don't think it's as bad in past decades, more kids sneer and prefer video games and online.

Nonetheless, the schools spend a fortune to idolize sports for as lame a reason as "teamwork", which is nonsense....very little I do is as a team....what does that mean??? We pay school taxes to train kids to aim for a 1:1 million shot as a pro whatever.

Penn State, here the center of a real live paedo ring in the sports dept, million dollar salaries, stadiums... where does it end, in a stupid game that kids play, literally producing nothing of value.

Am I right or an elitist scum?
edit on 25-9-2017 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That whole ''fact' needs a thread of it's own. We all know about the military industrial complex. But few suspect the sports industrial complex.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Then go back to work.

Like a Gladiator thing sorta. Bread and circuses for the masses to keep them compliant and sedated.

That would explain it for sure but it doesn't excuse it. Propagandizing and manipulating the populace like that isn't something I agree with either so I can't support it.

Just like the Military funding they get for recruiting. They get a bunch of tax dollars to promote the military and have strategic patriotic displays happening and stuff. That's not patriotism, that's marketing. That's Advertising which is the peak of deception and manipulation.

Straight down the line Mojo. The Sports Industrial Complex is a drug dispensing psyop infecting people with ''home team adoration'' and then selling them crappola to help them prove how addicted they are to the drug.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Bingo

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Just one of my many issues with the nfl as a whole. The least you can do for making millions to play a kids game is stand for the anthem. This started all because some spoiled pos raised by white parents was p**** whipped to a BLM activist and drank the kool-aid. Who is now unemployed because he sucks.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I dislike the sweeping subsidies that team sports receives in educational settings, like high schools and colleges.

It's also a shame, how over-emphasized it is over pure academics. I swear the kids here in PA can barely cobble together a meaningful thought, but know all about who-plays-whom in football coming up. I don't think it's as bad in past decades, more kids sneer and prefer video games and online.

Nonetheless, the schools spend a fortune to idolize sports for as lame a reason as "teamwork", which is nonsense....very little I do is as a team....what does that mean??? We pay school taxes to train kids to aim for a 1:1 million shot as a pro whatever.

Penn State, here the center of a real live paedo ring in the sports dept, million dollar salaries, stadiums... where does it end, in a stupid game that kids play, literally producing nothing of value.

Am I right or an elitist scum?

It's all part of the combination of the sports industrial complex and the celebrity industrial complex.Sweep all the kinds up into those two cultures and they set their goals accordingly. Never mind a good education, never mind that fact that only one in a million manages to reach the top.
And those who do reach the top are then salesmen for the system that brings everyone to the sports arenas concert halls and paraphernalia shops.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thats bs that my tax dollars are funding the nfl. I didnt know that. Figures though. Bunch of commie football players. I jest, but seriously, it needs to stop.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Humans haven't really evolved at all for thousands of years. We just learn to make crazier toys. All that changes or grows is out culture and our technological level. But we're still just the same dangerous money looking thing as always.

That's how they suppress the animal within us. Then sedate us or anger some of us with beer and booze and team loyalty and a form of battle, etc.

That's what society is to a large part. Stuff to keep you busy and/or entertained. Basically occupied with something.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What about the $600 billion per year that has done us no good overseas other than to radicalize the inhabitants into what we call ISIS?

No outrage over that? Because a billion is smallcakes compared to that. At least the NFL helps to fuel the economy, the war in the Middle East does nothing but fuel hatred for the U.S. and creates terrorist cells.

But I do agree that I shouldn't be funding the NFL with my tax dollars, they make more than enough on their own as it is, I think there are much bigger fish to fry though.
edit on 9/25/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: carewemust

If Fed subsidies are taken from walmart, the walmart employees won't eat.

Then Walmart should make its employees sing the national anthem everyday before work.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: MysticPearl

Federal Funding should be cut completely. The NFL is a private business and makes plenty of money on their own. There is no need to support them with tax dollars.

They are a very useful tool for keeping the masses divided, and marching of course, the whole left and right paradigm plays out in these games and in doing so reinforces it in peoples minds.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Then Walmart should make its employees sing the national anthem everyday before work.

Every American that truly loves this country should say the national anthem everyday before work!

You don't realize how lucky you are.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Yeah the old saying goes politics is show business for ugly people. Last year when tuning back in I quickly noted we now have a total merger between Hollyweird & DC, so here and there started mentioning sports entertainment is about the final frontier of the paradigm... and the the Stuperbowl happened this winter and I started reading the descriptions of the commercials and other facets of the thingie... and whamo the total systemic social engineering apparatus truly was now already the stuff of Joseph Goebbals fantasyland.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join