It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Defense industry is selling out our advantage for profits to foreign nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Our Defense industry is selling out our advantage for profits to foreign nations. Should we stop our corporations like Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon etc.. from building factories, selling our manufacturing advantages to foreign nation who will gladly resell the information to our enemies?

It is happening. Sadly I wont go further as I do not want to lose my job through some bull# surveillance of what we post but DOD and other US intelligence agencies need to look at these DOD companies and the loop holes they are using to get cheap labor.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Every CEO is obligated to get the best return on investment to shareholders regardless of the social costs.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
Till the Nation they love in can no longer afford to defend itself.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
When money is at stake, a global industry knows no borders. This can be said for many industries.

It has been going on for as long as we have been a Nation. Is it right, he'll no, but when corporations throw so much money into lobbying, it is inevitable that politicians will vote for the money.

The worst thing to ever happen to this nation, the U.S, was to let corporate money enter the political arena.

Lobbying should be outlawed, but unfortunately it is how business is conducted.

I think the proper words would be corporate treason.

It needs to be changed, but it would take a serious change in the way that the U.S. handles it's (our) affairs.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Every CEO is obligated to get the best return on investment to shareholders regardless of the social costs.

Which is exactly why laws should be made to protect the integrity of national security.

Who's national security? That seems to be the big business quagmire.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I will believe Trump is the real deal if he goes after them but since he hasn't, I say he is just another stooge.
edit on 9/25/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

If you dont let outbyour "secrets" you cant get new funding for new secrets...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
What exactly is it that you are upset about?

Is it Government Contractors manufacturing prime mission equipment to be used by the US armed forces in forgein countries?

Is it Government Contractors manufacturing prime mission equipment to be used by the US armed forces by forgein nationals in the US?

Or is it Government Contractors selling Intellectual property to forgein countries to manufacture PME for their armed forces?

To be clear I am not disagreeing with you, just want clarification on what it is your topic is about.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Except that they're not. Lockheed and Boeing are looking at building locations in India because they're required to under Indian law if they win upcoming fighter contracts. They would be building the F-16 for Lockheed, and F-18 for Boeing. While the F-16 is more advanced than current US F-16s, they're still far from our best, and not selling any advantage. They would still have their pants in Ft Worth, Greenville, and St. Louis here in the US.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hey zaph doesnt the lockheed plant in greenville make mostly missiles? Too bad they dont give tours id love to walk around that place as my parents live pretty close by to it. Greenville is a awesome town.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

No. They do upgrades on six or eight different platforms, and will build the T-50A there if they win T-X. Now that the last F-16 was built at Fort Worth, they're moving that line to Greenville and adding more space for the F-35 line.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Which is exactly why laws should be made to protect the integrity of national security.

Who's national security? That seems to be the big business quagmire.

Forget the defense industry! The real crime is outsourcing the NSA to Booz Allen Hamilton where some schmuck off the street like Snowden has the highest possible security clearance. Why even have a government at this point when it has been outsourced to a for-profit corporation who is obligated to sell state secrets to the highest bidder???????? INSANITY!!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
ANYTHING to weaken us...are we shooting yet or can I go back to seething?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Right on thanks for setting me straight zaph👍

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Who RUNS NSAPs specifically?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

How exactly does it weaken us? One of the lines that MIGHT get moved builds aircraft the US no longer buys, and the upgrades are all done at multiple locations in the US. The other is one that we're still buying at a low rate, and the ones built for us will still be built in the US.

I fail to see how that weakens is in any way. In fact, freeing up the space by building the Bahrain F-16s outside the US would benefit us and them both, because they could save money on the delivery flight.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I commented on the general statement itself,nominal people don't have your data.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

If you mean work-share and indigenous build then that's just commercial sense. We sell you X and help you build X. The profit is in licensing and the difficult to build stuff. Nothing wrong with it at all. Over and above the commercial dimension there is the political dimension.

Don't think it's a one-way street either as the US is often the recipient of secret-squirrel stuff and intellectual property, with an early example being the Tizard mission in WW2 (but before the US joined).

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You could shoot yourself? I think its best you go back to seething...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

NAW ,,,I'm waiting for the police to give up,or some idiots to actually try me.
Probably WON'T happen.
My guns are trophies I get to glom over and put away...for now...
I kill Commies ace.

new topics

top topics

join