It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Want to Tie ObamaCare Repeal to Tax-Cuts for Americans.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This would be akin to allowing a chronic liar, who has an IQ of 70, to be your heart surgeon! It would be the KISS OF DEATH for U.S. Tax-Cuts/Tax-Reform.

The supposedly hard deadline at the end of the month to repeal Obamacare might not be so hard after all.

With their latest attempt to dismantle the health law on track to fail this week, GOP senators are already raising the prospect of going after it again with the same powerful tools that currently let them pass legislation with just 50 votes.

“We’ve got to do both,” Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said of tackling both Obamacare repeal and tax reform next year. "They're complicated by necessity. So I don't think that takes away the complications. But I think we're supposed to be able to handle complications.”
Source: www.politico.com...

I hope President Trump stops this Republican madness really fast, or he will not have any campaign promises fulfilled, that require Congressional approval.

Perhaps Steven Bannon was/is right...Even Republicans don't want President Trump to succeed.

If Republicans deny Americans a significant Tax-Cut, you can stick a fork in the party...guaranteed!

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/25/2017 by carewemust because: Slight Wording Adjustment

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'll make a prediction right now.

The republicans won't give any of us a tax cut, taxes will actually increase.

And we'll be stuck with Obamacare for ever. Because they don't want that gone either.

Right now?

I think I hate republicans even more than I hate democrats because at least democrats don't lie to your face when they want to raise taxes and remove freedoms.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You're just realizing this now?

Even Republicans don't want President Trump to succeed.

I keep saying it and I'll say it again. I hope he keeps outing congress as the incompetent cesspool that it is and introduce the idea of a constitutional amendment for their term limits. Otherwise he is participating in the act of insanity to expect them to do anything of tangible value for American citizens as a whole. Such as tax cuts and reform along with the ACA.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
it's not that they don't want him to succeed, it's just that he doesn't know what the fack he's talking about.

he doesn't know what health care mandates are or how to approach a new initiative to health care. he just spouted nonsense and the ones with the 70 iq believed every rambling word.

who did he think was going to come up with a new health care bill? seriously...
do you think he knew how sh.ite worked in politics?

it's not a case of what's good for the American people, now it's a case of who's up for election and stand in solidarity with Trump at one of his rallies...
what a farce.
wait till the 'virtual wall' talks start to re-emerge....

forget the partisanship bickering, we all get shafted
edit on 25-9-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And we'll be stuck with Obamacare for ever. Because they don't want that gone either.

Right now?

I think I hate republicans even more than I hate democrats because at least democrats don't lie to your face when they want to raise taxes and remove freedoms.

Or, you get, A tax cut...that's for your health care.

edit on 25-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I would suggest :THEIR OWN shoes would appear to be a CHALLENGE...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think there's a big possibility that the recent "legislation" proposals are just red herrings.

Designed to "Never" pass.

Hmmm

Lots of **anti-Trump // Swamp-Gas** politicians in Congress including "Republicans".

Those who love their big government are going to be keeping their big government.

It's gonna be "NWO-a-GoGo" all over again !!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Right now?

Or, you get, A tax cut...that's for your health care.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In other words, Republicans don't want to do anything anymore than Democrats do.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think there's a big possibility that the recent "legislation" proposals are just red herrings.

Designed to "Never" pass.

Hmmm

Lots of **anti-Trump // Swamp-Gas** politicians in Congress including "Republicans".

It's confusing innit? Like, why is Trump not backing Roy Moore?...that's even more confusing. Come to think of it..it's er, strange.
edit on 25-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Brought to you by the repubs and dems, the best politicians the medical lobby can buy.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Seriously. Everybody always complains but never comes up with any answers.

How about Urgent Care clinics are set up or in the case of existing ones, subsidized to take the burden off of emergency rooms?
Treatments for minor injuries to broken bones. Diagnosing influenza, a freaking annual free health screening including blood work for every US citizen.
Staffed by MDs and LPNs that could have large portions of student loans forgiven for service.

Remove the insurance middleman from the simple procedures. Watch the prices drop.

Never could happen because of the remove the middleman. They ride a gravy train for doing nothing and have made Medicare/Medicaid the bloated beast it is.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm so happy my current POTUS is busy tweeting about the "tremendous backlash," the NFL is currently not receiving.

Oh and that place called Puerto Rico. Yeah, they're in pretty bad shape

It's like the Twilight Zone, but it sucks

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I feel the need to point this simple fact out once again: The GOP never made any promise to deliver better, less expensive healthcare, for everyone. Sure, they were dead-set on killing the ACA even before it was drafted but they never made the promises. That was 100% Trump. Ever heard the term vaporware?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I once heard someone from a red state say a flat tax is not fair because their taxes would go up.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Eventually there will be "trickle down" tax cuts for the corporations, CEO and stock holders.

Call your broker and get in on the swag....invest in body bags and bandages. Trump gets his war....believe me.

If you haven't recognized this pattern by now...I don't know what to tell you.
edit on 25-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
it's not that they don't want him to succeed, it's just that he doesn't know what the fack he's talking about.

he doesn't know what health care mandates are or how to approach a new initiative to health care. he just spouted nonsense and the ones with the 70 iq believed every rambling word.

who did he think was going to come up with a new health care bill? seriously...
do you think he knew how sh.ite worked in politics?

it's not a case of what's good for the American people, now it's a case of who's up for election and stand in solidarity with Trump at one of his rallies...
what a farce.
wait till the 'virtual wall' talks start to re-emerge....

forget the partisanship bickering, we all get shafted

It's more the case that there are so many vested interests all pulling in their own direction; insurance companies, private hospitals, the uninsured with long term medical conditions or on minimum wage, illegal immigrants, students, business owners, middle class workers.

Capping costs of medical treatments would please all but the private hospitals and insurance companies or the Republicans.

Reducing the range of medical treatments required to be covered (especially the expensive ones) would please the insurance companies, but not the doctors or patients.

Reducing those eligible by nationality / immigration status would get costs down but that would be shot down by both parties, especially with the risk of infectious conditions such as TB and anti-biotic resistant strains. But high deductibles and rates for working people and students is just going to piss them off.

Community hospitals are actually going bankrupt in California because of the demands of the uninsured.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Right now?

I don't "hate" Republicans in general. Not all of them. Not YET...

But if they screw up Tax Cuts, I will.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I've stated several times on ATS, even BEFORE the election, that the Republican establishment would rather have Hillary instead of Donald Trump. They demonstrated this by their ACTIONS (or lack thereof) during the 2016 campaign.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Right now?

I think republicans couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join