It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Goodell Ignoring Leagues Own Rules in Letting Players Protest Anthem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: amazing
Why so much outrage about this? Remind me again why people get so outraged about these things?

I mean, I love the flag and have a ginormous one in my business. I mean it's probably bigger than Trumps wall. Seriously. I love it that much.

But I still agree that it's okay to protest by taking a knee. I'm a Vet. I served so that they can have that right.

Do you agree it is okay for people to boycott the NFL?

Freedom is a two-way street is all I am saying.

Yeah, I'm okay with that. I just think it's a bad reason or a very minor reason to stop watching a sports league, especially if you like the sport. I like watching NFL football on a Sunday. It's just part of a good lazy end to the weekend. I enjoy following my team. It's a fun thing to do and bond with friends and family. The NFL if anything has always been a very patriotic league. I understand why Kap and some of the other guys are protesting and again, I served so that they could protest. It's an American right. I don't take offense to it.

Boycotting is also an American right, but I agree with you for the most part.

It is a big deal to me, but we don't have to have the same priorities...it's America.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The other thread was closed...so I'll leave my reply here as I think it still applies...

Well...I believe that I have about 1,000 things more important to care about than what some dude in the NFL does. Some guy who makes 100x more than I do and lives in a nice house with nice cars who's able to pay off his debts...and probably got a free ride through school.

So while everyone worries about those guys, I'm gonna go back to work where I'm underpaid so I can try to make enough to pay the bills and hope I can pay a bit on my school loans this month.

#whoevencares ...hope I did that right...I'm not a twit who uses a Twitter to tweet those things.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's their business. They can decide if they want to enforce their own policies or not. People can decide if they want to consume the nfl product or not. The players can decide whether they want to stand or not, and teams can decide if they want to not renew working contracts with the players or not.

Its not #ing difficult. Why does anyone even care about the nfl, it's a bunch of egotistical wealthy players, and some super wealthy owners. If you don't like it stop consuming it. If you love it, go get more.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
It's their business. They can decide if they want to enforce their own policies or not. People can decide if they want to consume the nfl product or not. The players can decide whether they want to stand or not, and teams can decide if they want to not renew working contracts with the players or not.

Its not #ing difficult. Why does anyone even care about the nfl, it's a bunch of egotistical wealthy players, and some super wealthy owners. If you don't like it stop consuming it. If you love it, go get more.

Well said - it's really rather that simple.

It's an incredible what a moment of solidarity can do to those who are used to suckling on the tit of nationalism and partanship over countrymen.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
new rule I guess... the 'official' rule states players 'should' stand and face the flag for the anthem... notwithstanding injuries or other... maybe some protest of some sort.

it doesn't say 'must'.
and OP rule doesn't exist

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Freedom is more important than the delicate feelings of precious snowflakes.

Unless of course they're using their freedom to honor fallen officers, ambushed by BLM supporters.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Why is it every time that line is used, everything that follows is utter hogwash?

I hope that it doesn't offend you but, you are right. You proved it yourself.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

That is true. But it is the hot topic of the moment. I am actually wondering when the dialog to address why and what is being protested will start up.
edit on 25-9-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Yeah.. It seems kinda manufactured to me. Not that real people dont have real opinions, and thats fine, but the media deciding to make it another national fight makes it a bit of a manufactured political crisis-tool.

Sometimes I think the most American characteristic of them all is the desire to fight, for country, for peace, for freedom, for dominance, to make someone else pay for your stuff, to make people adhere to your religion, hell, just because the guy next to you looked at you wrong. Maybe its just in our blood. In which case, lets dispense with all the preamble and get it started. But im gonna sit this one out. I see how both "sides" are getting it wrong. Like on most things.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Read the entire NFL rule book for 2017 yesterday. Nowhere in it does the National Anthem get mentioned for any reason.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
a reply to: mobiusmale

Read the entire NFL rule book for 2017 yesterday. Nowhere in it does the National Anthem get mentioned for any reason.

Damn. A masochist. Like reading the Silmarillion to understand LOTR more.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join