It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens to shootdown US Planes even if in International Airspace

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

They have the illusion that they're expert judges of character, that through a few media reports they can deduce Kim is totally sane and would never use his nuclear weapons. They're so arrogant they're willing to bet millions of lives that they're right.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Do the North Kork's watch movies?

I think to many NK's leaders have watched the new version of Red Dawn.

If Little Kim fires on the US, obliteration will be inevitable. Just like the movie war games, his best move is not to play. He does not have a winning move.

By the way Americans talk about potential war with countries they dislike, it would seem like they base their decisions on what they see in movies.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Is why it has always been folly to base things strictly by what one is told.

Always double-triple check info, and look for new info.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

When we received the lawful orders to do so and learned how to use it.
THIS country has NO idea what it's military can REALLY do.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The deaths in North Korea will be horrible ,UNLESS they are effectively decapitated ,maybe hit one of those parades.
If it's above ground it's catalogued. .

You mean one of those parades where thousands upon thousands of civilians attend?

Yeah, that would go over really well.....

We vaporized tens of thousands for the sake of untold millions before, it is nothing new, just takes a leader with balls. Truman set the precedent, and peace broke out.

The world was a vastly different place then......you and I both know , no matter what our personal convictions are, that would NOT go over.......

It's almost like your side of the argument wants Seoul to be shelled and millions die there, Japan too if rocket boy gets to shoot his wad off first.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Is that why we cant even 'destroy ISIS?'

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I'm wondering...does North Korea have an Air Force? I never hear of our planes being "buzzed" by N.K. fighters.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

THAT is our humanity not killing them all in order to verify which is hostile and which isn't
We aren't used to chasing country's criminals that they let loose, its a new gig.
I think if we stepped up to scorched earth tactics it would be a TAD overkill.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

THAT is our humanity not killing them all in order to verify which is hostile and which isn't
We aren't used to chasing country's criminals that they let loose, its a new gig.

Why do we overcomplicate everything. Just send a missile down Kim Jong's fireplace chimney. Could save a few million people that way.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Work for the federal govt sometime THEN you'll know.
MONEY and egos,primarily.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why do we overcomplicate everything. Just send a missile down Kim Jong's fireplace chimney. Could save a few million people that way.

The problem isn't just Lil Kim himself, it's his 25 million brain-washed, will-do-anything-to-be-recognised-by-the-rulers citizens.

The Russians said they were scary and totally brain-washed.. and that is saying something.

Lil Kim + devout zealouts = big mess. Could you imagine trying to integrate the Flintstones to the Jetsons era, not to mention the brain-washing?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I'm wondering...does North Korea have an Air Force? I never hear of our planes being "buzzed" by N.K. fighters.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Going beyond the simple chart, most of their aircraft are older MiGs, Vietnam era or around then. They have a few MiG -29s, with at least three MiG -29S-13 variants. They planned to build up to 40, but it proved to ambitious. They received an unknown number of disassembled aircraft, and put the radar from one into an An-24 to try for an AEW platform.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Thank-you for the link to that article describing North Korea's military readiness. I see they have 563 military aircraft.

It's somewhat surprising that Kim Jong hasn't buzzed our ships and planes in the area.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So, the N.K. air force isn't anything to be concerned about. Thanks for that insight, Zaphod58.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

They won't exactly be a pushover, but they don't have a really modern force. They have a few good SAM systems that are going to be a problem to deal with for the legacy fleet.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks again for more good info Zaphod58! Is it "stretching" our military to keep so much hardware and manpower in that part of the world, and on higher than normal alert, week-after-week?

I saw an article over the weekend where John McCain verbally dressed-down a top Admiral, because many sailors in the Korean arena were being forced to work 90-100 hours a week.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
People seriously.

NK has been make threats for YEARS its all talk.

NK will do nothing tonight, tomorrow, next month or nect decade.

Seriously, he wants attention and ats is giving him it 😊

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
People seriously.

NK has been make threats for YEARS its all talk.

NK will do nothing tonight, tomorrow, next month or nect decade.

Seriously, he wants attention and ats is giving him it 😊

Do you think that North Korea might NOW be more inclined to do something militarily, since it now has nuclear weapons?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

North Korea has shot down aircraft.
North Korea has captured warships.
North Korea has sunk warships.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join