It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuphead Controversy: Gamers vs Journalists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Funny you mentioned Megaman.
I was thinking Cuphead looked like a cross between the original NES games Mappy-Land and Megaman.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Ohanka

Do you think the gamers give a crap about political sensitive label? I would think they don't care much. It's about the game itself.

It's not the gamers; its' when the people who develop the games start changing what they make to stop the outrage machine. So if the outraged feminists are made because women in video games are always too attractive and idealized, so the developers suddenly start putting plain women and/or chunky women in their games, then the gamers notice. If the story calls for an adventure in Africa, but the outrage machine gets upset that mowing down lots of black NOCs is racist so the devs suddenly bend over backward to make sure that even though the story takes place in Africa, no black pixel-people are killed during the playing of the game ... gamers notice.

Sales will fall.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've waited literally years for this to finally launch... I pre ordered on the Xbox 360 4 years ago I think. It was long enough ago that when I got an xbone my preorder was upgraded for the one version. I do believe the first look at this game was forever and ever ago so it better be effin good!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: ketsuko

I think the same would be expected for anyone getting paid to review any product and expect people to take it seriously. They would have to at least have the most basic understanding of how to actually use the product. Like you said, it's like someone trying to review a new car who doesn't even know how to drive... and then people actually defending it because of politics!

The world has truly gone insane.

Maybe he had been drinking. I knew someone who once spent 15 minutes standing outside his own front door ringing the door bell waiting for someone to answer because he forget it was his own house.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MisterMcKill

Re: Mixing in politics where it does not belong, I don't think they care. They've done it with comics too, and they've killed a lot of the comic lines because sales tanked because, gosh, the people who whine aren't the ones who buy the books.

And the people who cry about the politics in football aren't mainly the ones who watch the games.

And I'm betting with games that most of the players aren't crying about politics too but will start giving up when they take over.

Politics is ruining everything in this country. We can't even enjoy games anymore. Not football, not our beloved Playstations, Xboxes, Nintendos, or PCs. It makes me want to scream. We all know that this is by design, but that does not make it any less frustrating. Snip it. I refuse to let idiots take the things that I enjoy from me.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I feel like the attitude from some of these groups and crusaders who do this is that they care and if others don't care, they'll push and push until we're made to care ... or we just give up because those things we enjoy get distorted beyond all recognition from what they used to be and what we enjoyed them for being. Instead, they become empty platform for issues.

I honestly haven't gone to very many, if any, theatre movies in years. I feel like I run the risk of paying a lot of money to end up being preached to by some scriptwriter with an agenda to push. It's no fun to have the flow of a movie interrupted for the not-so-subtle PSA of the film.
edit on 25-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I feel like the attitude from some of these groups and crusaders who do this is that they care and if others don't care, they'll push and push until we're made to care ... or we just give up because those things we enjoy get distorted beyond all recognition from what they used to be and what we enjoyed them for being. Instead, they become empty platform for issues.

I honestly haven't gone to very many, if any, theatre movies in years. I feel like I run the risk of paying a lot of money to end up being preached to by some scriptwriter with an agenda to push. It's no fun to have the flow of a movie interrupted for the not-so-subtle PSA of the film.

You nailed it. The last movie that I saw in theatre was "The Dark Tower". I have read all of the books, and I can understand why people hated it, but I read that many people were pissed that Roland was black. Seriously. That is just so stupid. That guy was awesome! The worst part was Matthew McConaughey. But it actually became an issue with fans. It became about people saying that they only cast Idris Elba because he was black and Hollywood needed diversity. Never mind that he did an amazing job in the role, they had to make it about race. Ugh! I just want to enjoy my movie!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Idris Elba is an amazing actor. I don't think Dark Tower is a case of forced diversity, but just getting a really good actor in a suitable role.

But... some movies, you can just feel it being forced on you. Spider-Man Homecoming is a prime example. Even normies are quick to point out how much they cringed at the forced diversity and SJW lecturing that is present in that movie.

At this point, it's almost like a cult. And you never get a weekend off from the cult. You can't even turn your brain off for a few hours and just watch a movie or play a video game nowadays without the politics.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I didn't see Dark Tower, but most of the reviews I saw of it said it wasn't very good.

Is this another issue like Ghostbusters where instead of just owning that they didn't make a very good movie, they decided to find some kind of political issue to blame?

"It's not that our remake of GHostbusters sucked. It's that you're a bunch of misogynists!"

"It's not that our movie adaptation of Dark Tower wasn't very good. It's that you're all racist!"

And this is why politics ruins things. Not only does it make things nonsensical and annoying as in the case of Spider-Man, but on the converse, it gives people excuses that allows them to shift the responsibility for why a thing wasn't very good.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Achtung!

My favorite game has and will always be Castle Wolfenstein on an old Atari 800 with a cassette drive. Yup, a CASSETTE drive...

Does that make me racist, shweinhund?!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If you're wondering how Cuphead jumps or shoots and other gaming facts, just repeat to yourself, "it's just a game. I should really just relax".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join