It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a 1 TB Harddisk!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: spidermastermind

Hey fellow kids, I also want to download the coolest games that my peers enjoy playing on their vidya game devices.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Why does everyone recommend SATA or SAS SSDs? This is 2017 .
NVMe M.2 all the wayyyyyy
Leaves anything else in the dust...
Plextor M8Pe 512 @ just under 300

Depending on the drive , a SATA 6gb is almost as efficient as a SSD. Its all about the drive manufacturer and model
With today's games at 20 - 45 gb each , you will be surprised how quick that fills up . Get another 1 tb.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: spidermastermind

i play heroes and generals alot, great game, free too, its on steam and has its on stand alone launcher.

your HD is fine, ignore these people about SSD's

ya SSD's are faster but newer HD's nowadays are alot faster then they used to be, it is unlikely you will notice any difference,

i have two SSD's and a HD all 1tb each, i have games installed on all three of them, i have switched games installations from hd to ssd and back many times, i have never been able to tell any difference in gameplay.

only difference ive really noticed is when moving around large files/folders. the ssd's finish the task much faster, but this difference isnt used by most games.

oh and the OS starts up alot faster if its on a SSD, though even that difference can be unnoticeable if you cleanse the startup programs list to be minimal.
edit on 25-9-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just copied games from a 80 GB Seagate HDD to the 1 TB HDD, it was around 45 MB/s , and it wasn't that slow. However, I will buy a SSD later.

As for the games, I am slowly downloading Battlefield 3 (5Gb/day, MEGA), I already have installed and saved Steam. I use Daemon Tools instead of CD/DVD, much faster and seems to be working in all cases. I don't want to play non-PC games, however later I install Virtual PC for DOS.

Thanks for the games, are there some to shoot on monsters , and are at the toplist?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just use RamDisk. it's free.

(as long as you have 8+GB ram)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join