It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 60
<< 57  58  59   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well Thursday night football starts in 45 minutes. Who going to tune in to see what happens?

Got a designated watcher? Taking one for the team.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, it's not. It's a mockery of everything we've ever stood for. And I'm not talking about taking a knee during the anthem. I'm talking about the disgusting idea that they hold of the United States and its people. Whites are not committing horrendous murders of blacks. Neither are the cops. Trump isn't targeting anyone based on race or sexuality, never has and never will.

These are facts.

Blacks kill more whites, than whites blacks. Blacks kill blacks more than whites kill blacks and blacks kill whites combined.

These are facts.

Cops kill more whites than blacks.

That is a fact.

Do they (SJW and the likes) honestly believe, that good American people are conscientiously turning a blind eye towards a huge injustice? Yes, they do. And therein is the mockery of what our founding fathers fought for.

They didn't fight so people could deny cold hard facts to push a nonsensical agenda. They didn't fight so the police could get an undeserved bad rap. They didn't fight so the American people could be demonized as apathetic witnesses to the non-existent genocide of African-Americans.

Anyone who agrees with these people, are complacent in being extremely toxic towards their fellow man.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Respect is earned. You want to know the fastest way to make the gesture during the Anthem worthless?

Enforce it's 'honor' and make it required to salute.

Then it's guarantied to mean nothing, and will be pointless all together for sure.

This should also be obvious, it's a shame that anyone even disagrees.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus
Trump isn't targeting anyone based on race or sexuality, never has and never will.
These are facts.

That is unequivocally false. Wrong. Incorrect. Fake. Whatever you want to call it, it certainly isn't by any definition of the word a "fact".

Please take your BS somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: UKTruth
This has nothing to do with the first amendment.

How so? I'm curious how the Constitutional right of religion, speech, press, protests*, and assembly has nothing to do with the first amendment.

Did trump pass a law saying they can't protest?

No, I never claimed such a thing, if you could cite where I did make such a claim I wholeheartedly apologize.

I'm asking another poster how the first amendment in the Bill of Rights has nothing to do with protest.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

Your facts are very deceptive. They don't take in account the PERCENTAGES. Whites are a majority. Of course cops kill more whites than blacks. You have to look at it per capita, not just total numbers. And I'd REALLY like to see your source on that.
edit on 9 29 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism
Respect is earned. You want to know the fastest way to make the gesture during the Anthem worthless?

Enforce it's 'honor' and make it required to salute.

Then it's guarantied to mean nothing, and will be pointless all together for sure.

This should also be obvious, it's a shame that anyone even disagrees.

Yep, and then you take the next step toward nationalism. Standing for the anthem and respecting the flag is optional for a reason. Tear that down and you tear down the entire concept our country was founded on. I get that people are offended, but people also got offended when blacks use to protest by sitting in "white only" restaurants. That was extremely offensive back then, but it got the job done. Sometimes you have to ruffle feathers to get people talking and you know what? It seems like it's working because people are indeed talking about it much more now.
edit on 9 29 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

One believes things, and to some degree one is 'offended', because one has been conditioned to be so, at least according to Aldous Huxley.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The pentagon paid the NFL to play the national anthem before the game to provoke nationalism (ever wonder why its not at the beginning of movies or other forms of entertainment?)

Sports is not a military event, nor a political one. The anthem really shouldn't be played before it, but oh well, it is, but that doesn't mean everyone is required to stand...who stands whenever they hear it on TV?

Its a demand for fake patriotism...non issue. Trump is retarded

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
The pentagon paid the NFL to play the national anthem before the game to provoke nationalism (ever wonder why its not at the beginning of movies or other forms of entertainment?)

Sports is not a military event, nor a political one. The anthem really shouldn't be played before it, but oh well, it is, but that doesn't mean everyone is required to stand...who stands whenever they hear it on TV?

Its a demand for fake patriotism...non issue. Trump is retarded

Nailed it. Politics shouldn't be in sports in the first place. I never understood the obsessive need to play the national anthem before every single professional sports event and the fake military worship fest that the military pays the NFL for. I agree they should do away with it completely. It takes away meaning from the anthem by playing it so often. It's like the pledge of allegiance in school It's just a mantra to cause people to value their country over human lives. I pledge allegiance to the human race as a whole, not a single country or land mass. Nationalism is divisive, it always has been. This country is not the best country in the world by any stretch of the imagination. It's a trainwreck.
edit on 10 5 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Seems they found an easy way to recruit and it backfired in the NFL.

I wonder who stands up for the vets who come home to racism over the years?

Lots of black vets pretty sure many of them have dealt with racism after returning home even though so many are so patriotic and concerned about the troops, they don't really want to do anything but stand for the flag to actually make their lives better.

How many patriots protested when they were given the wrong body armor in Iraq freedom, or the personal transports were being blasted up because they didn't armor them correctly. Where are all the people standing up for the soldiers struggling with ptsd and just being given drug cocktails as a labotomy.

Nationalism makes me sick sometimes. It's usually massively hypocritical.

edit on 6-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

Except he is, or have you been ignoring the whole "Nominating a guy who thinks transgenders are satanic"
thehill.com...

Or wanting it to be okay to fire someone because of the way their born.
news.vice.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus

No, it's not. It's a mockery of everything we've ever stood for. And I'm not talking about taking a knee during the anthem. I'm talking about the disgusting idea that they hold of the United States and its people. Whites are not committing horrendous murders of blacks. Neither are the cops. Trump isn't targeting anyone based on race or sexuality, never has and never will.

These are facts.

Blacks kill more whites, than whites blacks. Blacks kill blacks more than whites kill blacks and blacks kill whites combined.

These are facts.

That is a fact.

I'll look at each statement you make below.

Whites are not committing horrendous murders of blacks.

All told, whites and blacks mostly kill their own. I think for whites it's 84% of their own. For blacks I think it's 91%. So blacks are killing their own at a higher rate than whites. This alone might be evidence of racism towards non-whites by whites. Blacks account for about 50% of homicides nationwide, and whites about 45% or less, depending on whether you include hispanic whites. The murder rate for hispanic whites is double. What this tells us is whites roughly kill the same number of blacks as blacks kill whites, even though whites kill more non-whites proportionally.

The disproportionate high homicide rate for blacks is something researchers have been looking into. Socioeconomics is a factor, as well gender, age and drugs. This applies to whites too. It might be more blacks are exposed to drugs, or exposed to crime--which tends to exasperate it. Poverty also tends to factor into it. Poverty is double for blacks versus whites. In some neighborhoods or small communities, unemployment rate is over 20 or 30%.

Neither are the cops.

Cops are killing more blacks than they should according to most studies out there. To be fair, I'll offer support and a counter.

www.chicagotribune.com - Analysis: More whites killed by police, but blacks 2.5 times more likely to be killed...
www.washingtontimes.com - No racial bias in police shootings, study by Harvard professor shows...

From the second link at the washington times:

At the same time, the study found blacks and Hispanics were more than 50 percent more likely to experience physical interactions with police, including touching, pushing, handcuffing, drawing a weapon, and using a baton or pepper spray.

Trump isn't targeting anyone based on race or sexuality, never has and never will.

It's common knowledge Trump (and his father?) didn't allow blacks into some of the apartment buildings--or otherwise made access restricted. It changed in about 1975, I think. His father was also a KKK member, am I right? There're other allegations of racism and sexism. Trump has made a lot of statements to add to the evidence. I won't go into it here. Bottom line, even if you give him the benefit of the doubt, he's obnoxious and numb to the feelings of others, attracting a lot of scorn onto him.

What you say--in the first part--might not be true. Read above. Also your next assertion is empty. Of course blacks kill more blacks than each kills the other. 84% of white homicide is white on white, and it greatly exceeds the amount of whites killed by blacks AND blacks killed by whites.

This might be true, since whites will be involved in more encounters with police in absolute numbers. However, it ignores the relative scale. The studies I've seen mostly agree cops are more likely to kill a black than a white in any given event.

I try to explain below with made up numbers:

1000 police encounters with 1087 threatening suspects
cops kill 16 whites
cops kill 5 blacks
white kill(s) for every black kill(s): 3.2x

white population: 212.175,000
black population: 46,575,000
white person(s) to every black person(s): 4.555x

More blacks are getting killed than are represented in the population. I think here ti's about 42% higher than it should be.
edit on 10/7/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Looks like the NFL is trying to do just that:

NFL owners to consider rule change thet would require players to stand for national anthem

And people are talking about this, just not what those kneeling expected them to talk about.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: keys2heaven

Yeah it sounds like Goodell is caving to political pressure, although I think it has to be approved by the Players association, since they are technically contractors and not employees. Technically the NFL can make whatever rules it wants for players to follow, but if the government makes laws about it, then they are putting us toward nationalism. Pence had his cute little preplanned publicity stunt at the game on Sunday, and now Goodell is feeling pressure from Trump and his followers to change policy or lose ratings. It's really sad that how butthurtedness is completely driving this NFL boycott campaign, when those very same people are the ones calling people snowflakes when entire groups are discriminated against and they don't even care. It is those clowns that are the reason most people are ignoring the actual issue they are kneeling for in the first place. It's sad that the butthurt people are completely distracting everyone from that issue. It definitely annoys me and is more PC nonsense from folks that constantly speak against being PC, LOL.

I also really don't get how Jerry Jones can be the one to issue a rule about "disrespecting the flag" when he knelt for the anthem with his entire team and players just a couple weeks ago. What a fraud. For me personally, I know I will be sitting from now on, nomatter where I am when it is played.

edit on 10 10 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 57  58  59   >>

join