It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This action is also a form of protest. Which is another right covered by the First Amendment.

Here's an idea... Protest on your own time.

During a a game is not their own time. They are on the job (getting paid to entertain paying customers).

Who the hell wants to pay to watch a protest?? Not me.

A past time like a sporting event has no place for politics, period!

You can thank Donald Trump for that one.

Oh, and a "sporting event has no place for politics."

Strange. The National Anthem is political and that's NEVER been considered out of place in the NFL. Breast cancer awareness is political when NFL players wear pink.

What you meant to say is "sporting events have no place for politics.... unless they're my flavor of politics!"

More faux outrage plz
Snowflake tears satiate my thirst

link   
a reply to: notsure1

Because they have a different belief but somehow have the courage to welcome different opinions and support their players?

What about you? Why do you think?

You could do the easy thing and read their words.....just sayin

link   

originally posted by: IRexxx
I, personally, am going to make a concerted effort to wear or put a US flag on everything I wear and own.

You don't like the United States?

I'm going to be in your face with what you hate.

What's going to happen if nobody seems offended? Are you going to force people to stand while you walk by them? Force hugs onto people and cry "commie" if they don't embrace you?

link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
can you imagine if Obama called those tea-party protesters "sons-of-bitches" in a public speech on TV?....

Wonder why everyone wishes Trump would keep his ignorant comments to himself...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IRexxx
I, personally, am going to make a concerted effort to wear or put a US flag on everything I wear and own.

You don't like the United States?

I'm going to be in your face with what you hate.

Because exercising Constituional rights = you don't like the US

Lol, keep it up.

Been seeing a loooooot of posts about how "evil and horrible," folks are for expressing their Consitutional rights.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

They have every right to protest, people have every right to stop watching or buying merchandise from the NFL in response to the protests.

The NFL has a perception problem, most people do not want to hear the truth they want to hear their perception of the truth.

a small percentage of the protesters have articulated a reason for the protest, another small percentage have stated they are doing it in solidarity or to spite the president the rest just did it. They have not done a good job of getting the reason for the protesting out, that is partly the fault of the media and partly the fault of the players.

A rather significant segment of our country see the flag and the anthem as representing the ideals we should all be aspiring to, so when they see people protesting the flag or the anthem and if they have not heard an actual reason for the protest it looks like they are protesting the country and the ideals behind it, hence the blow back that is occurring.

The NFL needs to address it and take a stand to fix the problem, name calling people that are upset will not fix this or bring anyone over to your side.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Because they have a different belief but somehow have the courage to welcome different opinions and support their players?

What about you? Why do you think?

You could do the easy thing and read their words.....just sayin

They stood because they didnt want to be disrespectful, that is why we stand.

They support their players but they wont be disrespectful to patriotic Americans. so they stood BTW how is that fully supporting them?

Full support means they kneel right?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

And don't forget that it was the top politician in our country who literally urged boycotts of those sports teams. How is that "keeping politics out of sports"?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No full support means they allow them to do it and give them the space.

Do you have to do something actively you support?

Here is something not speculation what have some of trumps friends and former donors like Kraft said about the president's comments and some of they would donate again knowing now how he thinks?
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IRexxx

The irony is that wearing a piece of clothing with the flag on it is legally disrespecting the flag.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The irony is that wearing a piece of clothing with the flag on it is legally disrespecting the flag.

90% of the American public would disagree with that even though it's right because "patriotism" I have nothing against patriotism but at least be educated in it is all I am asking. Haha.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: RomeByFire

And don't forget that it was the top politician in our country who literally urged boycotts of those sports teams. How is that "keeping politics out of sports"?

It's what happens when one lives in the world of #alternativefacts

They don't care about the NFL being political, they only care when the NFL is being their preferred flavor of political.

That's the crux of the matter. They want to see Americans Constituional rights removed because in their minds, their preferred flavor of political-affiliation should overrule Constituional rights.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPitts

90% of the American public would disagree with that even though it's right because "patriotism" I have nothing against patriotism but at least be educated in it is all I am asking. Haha.

90%?

lol where'd you find that statistic at. I'd ask for a source, but I know one doesn't exist.

"Deny ignorance," hahahahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Controversial protests are the best kind because it gets people talking about the issue. They aren't meant to unite. They are meant to spur discussion and action.

But the flag is meant to unite it says so right in the pledge"indivisible". people are such morons.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Seeing as that has zero to do with the protests it may not be as offensive as your hoping.

The flag isn't the issue...

Refusing to stand, hold your hand over your heart, refusing to remove your hat, these are all disrespectful behaviors towards the flag. The anthem itself is a hymn of respect for the nation and the flag that represents it.

The flag doesn't just represent the country. It represents the men and women who died for our unique way of life. They've earned respect by giving their lives and many, their limbs.

Those who kneel, etc., are spitting on the people who not only gave us this country, but those who continue to protect it.

Ungrateful is what that is.

link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: MrPitts

90%?

lol where'd you find that statistic at. I'd ask for a source, but I know one doesn't exist.

"Deny ignorance," hahahahahahahaha

Yeah because people take other peoples comments seriously and literal because "reasons".

The " MAJORITY"

and arguing over semantics is overrated.

link   

No full support means they allow them to do it and give them the space.

Do you have to do something actively you support?

Here is something not speculation what have some of trumps friends and former donors like Kraft said about the president's comments and some of they would donate again knowing now how he thinks?

Then why did they all stand and not kneel?? Its ok you can say it everyone knows. They stood out of respect while all the guys they were "supporting" kneeled
edit on 25-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Ever heard of pins?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So prior to 1942 it wasn't supposed to unite?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join