It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Based on many of the complaints here, it seems some feel like the players are gettin' all uppity.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

You misrepresented a claim that the killer was BLM and we're the ones that are intellectually dishonest?

That deserves a Marxist Eyeroll™

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

yep, how dare they use their voices to call attention to something.. AND, peacefully. those uppity sons of bitches.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Sure.

From 2008 to 2016 right-wing terrorism accounted for 79 deaths in the US.

Source

Mentions absolutely nothing about Tea Party members.
You are correct. Tea Party has nothing to do with "right wing terrirism " no matter how much people try to equate it. TEA means taxed enough already. I have yet to see a Democrat who didn't love more taxes and more welfare . It's pretty typical of leftist argument to say if you oppose Sharia Law you must hate Muslim. I'm
Not really surprised though. Leave it to a leftist to tell me I can't protest Sharia Law without hating Muslim....
edit on 27-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: knoxie

yep, how dare they use their voices to call attention to something.. AND, peacefully. those uppity sons of bitches.

Agitators, I call 'em.

(NOT)

link   

Which would be

England
France
Spain
Potugal
United States
Brazil
Netherlands

On and on.

Yet they stood for the British anthem..

Just shows ignorance.

Mg

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It baffles me. The same folks who get mad at people getting offended, seem to be offended at the most inane things. And then support it with bad logic, like trying to assert that their platoon brothers or ancestors fought and died for their right to see people stand for the anthem (thats essentially the gist of the argument).

Im pissed at the NFL for taking one of the few entertainment outlets I had that was apolitical, and making it political in the most insane way.

And im pissed at a bunch of players who want to protest treatment of black people by police, without a good, hard look at the stats. Or the world that we are living in. Presumably they all graduated college, and should have some amount of insight to provide as to how we improve the day to day lives of minorities. Instead of providing that, we get showmanship right before the game.

As a Chicago Bears fan im beside myself that my team won't give Tebow a shot. They do nothing but hire the worst QB's on the market, and had a legit shot to get a decent player. All because he took a knee.

This freaking country, man.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254 You're trying to equate what these overpaid spoiled disrespectful brats did, with a family member receiving a folded flag at a funeral. I guess you've never had to watch a family member receive that flag. This whole thing is just becoming repugnant.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think it's hysterical people are getting offended by a respectful knee. LOL

what I don't like is our president calling them sons of bitches.

trump is using his supporter to rile up and distract. so obvious. you all look foolish, imo.

edit on 27-9-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
All the whining and bitching slapping each other around an the issue continues to go undiscussed. @@

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nmaben

Who's equating anything? The other user is the one that said kneeling is only associated with supplication, weakness, and cowardice.

And like I said, Kaepernick chose to take a knew at the behest of Nate Boyer because it showed respect for the fallen. Does Boyer's opinion, as a former Green Beret that lost brothers in arms, not count for anything?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

what I don't like is our president calling them sons of bitches.

I agree. That was too mild of a description, too toned down.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm continually baffled by my fellow Americans and humans, so on that score, don't feel rained on.

Your point about those who ridicule others for being offended at racial/sexist/homophobic slur words who are then upset by ... as you say, the most inane things ... simply proves to me once again that the two highly impassioned "sides" are under the same types of control mechanisms.

I'm not a great fan of authority, however, I do believe in our People, our country and our Constitution. The Flag and the Anthem symbolizes all of that. I stand for the Anthem and always have. I haven't Pledged since grade school, but, theoretically I only have an issue with two words therein, and I can mumble over those.

What the players report that they're protesting? That seems more valid to me. I know that what usually gets repeated is the 'shot by police' statistics ... which to me, while part of the problem with optics, is not the problem. The problem is the evidence systemic targeting of Blacks by LEOs and our justice system, coupled with the track record of American history on race issues, recoupled with what I call "innate primate xenophobia"

Everyone, like it or not, is identifying at some level with a group. By doing so, they are set against other groups.

"Identity politics" is just a oft-tossed sophism (by ALL sides, sadly).

It is in the very nature of our beings, the mechanism of our brains and genes, to distrust "the others" whether that is other countries, other States, other religions, other political parties, other families down the street that don't take care of their lawn properly, etc. etc.

Other races ...

We must overcome that instinct when the higher functions of ethics demand it. THAT is the best measure of our character, IMO.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

As a Chicago Bears fan im beside myself that my team won't give Tebow a shot. They do nothing but hire the worst QB's on the market, and had a legit shot to get a decent player. All because he took a knee.

This freaking country, man.

You know a player will be fined 50k for shaking their butt too many times in the end zone, for saying the wrong thing, or even not talking at all during the press conference...etc..

One would think they could lay down some basic rules of what players can and can not do...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah he needed someone to tell him what he was protesting for in the first place.

He originally was pouting because he was no longer the starting qb and looking to disrespect his coaches and teammates.

When he original sat he only did because he was no longer the starter.

He attached a reason after the fact.

So brave!

edit on 27-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Any proof for that ridiculous claim?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Any proof for that ridiculous claim?

Any proof against that fact?

edit on 27-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The NFL isn't interested in giving away their commodity of "patriotic displays" for free. TBH, i cannot blame them. Its irresponsible to give away a monetized resource when you have investors expecting you to maximize their profits. Not just irresponsible, its unethical.

Trump knows this.

The worst part about it is, Trump has shown himself to be the buffoon we all knew he was. And he's still the best choice in the past election.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The fact that he's always been consistent about his message in interviews and even just discussing it with fellow players.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The fact that he's always been consistent about his message in interviews and even just discussing it with fellow players.

Funny it took him a few weeks to come up with the reason why he was sitting.

new topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join