It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
a reply to: putnam6

Its distracting you from Trumps god-awful Presidency.

Everytime he fails to get something done or questions arise over one of his campaign promises he starts another Twitter media frenzy to cover it.[/quote

LOL dont think anybody is missing that opinion in the news. Hell we had 2 rotten choices I didn't expect him to be a stellar president anyway. He gets hounded daily regardless of what he does, both sides of the aisle are very unapproachable it seems so nothing major will get done anyway. LOL which is probably a good thing on most issues, but makes me wonder if there will ever be solid candidates for President. Trump rightly or wrongly has been neutered somewhat politically, and have no doubt he didn't think he would catch all the flak LOL. Cause we can talk all about his ego all we want, but men of ego absolutely hate to fail, like he seems to be doing.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: Gryphon66

My mom texted me Monday morning seeing if I was interested in picking up some Ravens season tickets on the cheap from angered fans selling them.

Gotta love the free market!

Hell yeah. I don't know about getting the season tickets, but I have a feeling I'm going to be able to go to more games than I usually do in a year (which is 1ish). I envision cheap tickets from indignant fools will be a common occurrence. Probably still going to be tough to get a Ravens/Steelers ticket on the cheap though...

Our Falcons just got a new stadium that looks a lot like a big tool-shed built under the influence. I haven't been interested in tickets in years due to the price, not the content. I doubt that will change.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We'll see what you have to say when the Olympics start up and BLM takes a knee.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl

We'll see what you have to say when the Olympics start up and BLM takes a knee.

Will we?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I feel like a football fan should strive to make to at least one game a year. It's just a more fun experience being around all the energy rooting for your team.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

LOL.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

So basically underneath that angry rant I see you grudgingly admitting that I was right and they have the right to protest the anthem even if you don't like it. Thanks.
I've never said they don't have a right to protest. I find it detestable the WAY they are doing it. But what's new about left leaning protests. That's the difference between BLM and the Tea Party. At least at T Party rallies everyone honors the flag and the country. In fact Kaepernick who started this said he wound not stand up for a country which oppresses people of color. So in effect he's protesting the whole country. Thus whole oppression claim is not based on reality. Just look on the tv abd see who's in the commercials, see who's in the movies sees who became POTUS and tell me truly who's being oppressed if you can do it with a straight face.
One more thing, I can only say with clarity from prior experience that it's likely Kaepernick fiancé iscalkegiabr to Sharia Law and I'm
Not surprised her ties wound away him. Sharia Kaw is not compatible with the US Constitutuon.
edit on 27-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thank you for your service OP as well as insight. I feel the same way..... Our troops defend the constitution both domestic and foreign. I too stand behind our troops in defense of the constitution. First amendment rights are going out the door... and it saddens me. Why are sooo many okay with a dictator ( Trump)? Thats even scarier.

I think it's odd how people will defend the constitution, as they should, but dictate to others how, when, and where they should protest.

"I agree you have the right to protest, just not this way, or this place, or at this time." Do as I say or get called a SOB and ridiculed because you stand or kneel for something. Makes no sense to me and I find it hypocritical.

Seems to me this peaceful protest has gotten the attention it needed. People are definitely talking. ONLY problem I see is we have talked about it for so long and nothing has changed. Maybe when we STOP talking about it ( stirring of the pot) it will finally die. Morgan Freeman said it himself... racism is only alive and well because people give it the energy to stay alive by talking about it. H said the solution is to "stop talking about it".

When a fallen soldier has passed and they fold the flag up a soldier will kneel while handing the flag to the mother or wife, etc... This is what kneeling signifies. It signifies his falling brothers and sisters and the need for equality. I am not so sure people who are griping understand this signification or what its like to grow up feeling less than because of your skin color.

Either way.. I defend the constitution and defend peoples right to speak out, kneel, stand, lay down, whatever, as long as its peaceful and doesn't hurt anyone. I don't have to agree or like it. Exercise your rights when you feel the need and I will too. Thats what makes the US so great. Once this amendment is erased from the constitution and a new world order comes into play I wonder how people will feel then?

I have no idea the solution but do agree with Morgan Freeman.... the more you stir #, the worse it stinks. Stop giving it power with words, and act with a solution.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I feel like a football fan should strive to make to at least one game a year. It's just a more fun experience being around all the energy rooting for your team.

It is. The loud USA chant after the anthem was interesting and so were the t shirts stating they will be standing for the anthem. Glad this is part of the unifying experience of fandom and sports in general.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
I've never said they don't have a right to protest.

I know you didn't. That's why I said that you were agreeing with me that they have the right to protest. I just don't care about the rest of your partisan drivel. All I want established is admittance that they have the right to do this, because at the end of the day that is all that matters.

The fact that you had to work your hate against muslims into your rant when no one else was talking about them really speaks to how I don't care about anything you said there.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Oh that reminds me of an ongoing disrespect that fans of several sports do during the Anthem of creating team specific cheers while the Anthem is going on. For instance, the cheering of "OH" that Orioles fans do right when the line "oh say does..." That is technically disrespecting the Anthem as well, but no one has a problem with that.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Oh that reminds me of an ongoing disrespect that fans of several sports do during the Anthem of creating team specific cheers while the Anthem is going on. For instance, the cheering of "OH" that Orioles fans do right when the line "oh say does..." That is technically disrespecting the Anthem as well, but no one has a problem with that.

I believe most see this as celebrating the anthem and what it stands for.

How do you feel about the Penguin fan tradition of singing along with the National Anthem.

Is that also "disrespecting the Anthem" in your eyes?

edit on 27-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

It was a hot topic during the tailgates for sure.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Patriotic, non-violent Tea Party meetings ...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Regardless of what you "see" it as, it is disrespecting a tradition that is supposed to be solemn and respectful. Though your answer here shows the hypocrisy of people like yourself that are ok with disrespecting the tradition when you agree with the reason but it is no ok when you don't like the reason. I wonder how many clothes you own with an American flag printed on it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Regardless of what you "see" it as, it is disrespecting a tradition that is supposed to be solemn and respectful. Though your answer here shows the hypocrisy of people like yourself that are ok with disrespecting the tradition when you agree with the reason but it is no ok when you don't like the reason.

And you go on the attack. Typical.

Did I say what i felt on either matter?

You know nothing about me but you assume you know everything.

edit on 27-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
Thank you for your service OP as well as insight. I feel the same way..... Our troops defend the constitution both domestic and foreign. I too stand behind our troops in defense of the constitution. First amendment rights are going out the door... and it saddens me. Why are sooo many okay with a dictator ( Trump)? Thats even scarier.

I think it's odd how people will defend the constitution, as they should, but dictate to others how, when, and where they should protest.

"I agree you have the right to protest, just not this way, or this place, or at this time." Do as I say or get called a SOB and ridiculed because you stand or kneel for something. Makes no sense to me and I find it hypocritical.

Seems to me this peaceful protest has gotten the attention it needed. People are definitely talking. ONLY problem I see is we have talked about it for so long and nothing has changed. Maybe when we STOP talking about it ( stirring of the pot) it will finally die. Morgan Freeman said it himself... racism is only alive and well because people give it the energy to stay alive by talking about it. H said the solution is to "stop talking about it".

When a fallen soldier has passed and they fold the flag up a soldier will kneel while handing the flag to the mother or wife, etc... This is what kneeling signifies. It signifies his falling brothers and sisters and the need for equality. I am not so sure people who are griping understand this signification or what its like to grow up feeling less than because of your skin color.

Either way.. I defend the constitution and defend peoples right to speak out, kneel, stand, lay down, whatever, as long as its peaceful and doesn't hurt anyone. I don't have to agree or like it. Exercise your rights when you feel the need and I will too. Thats what makes the US so great. Once this amendment is erased from the constitution and a new world order comes into play I wonder how people will feel then?

I have no idea the solution but do agree with Morgan Freeman.... the more you stir #, the worse it stinks. Stop giving it power with words, and act with a solution.
Why were people ok with dictator O? Forgotten how he droned American citizens abroad? Forgot how he rewrite his own law forcing Americans to purchase product or be fined, forgot how he used the IRS to target political opponents .... I don't want to hear anything about Trump till you admit that every POTUS since JFK has been used as a tool for TPTB.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Patriotic, non-violent Tea Party meetings ...

Remind me how many cops were killed by Tea party members or how many Democrats were assaulted?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
... but Obama ...

... but Hillary ...

... but the Democrats of 1850 ...

... but Communism ...

Lots of folks showing nothing but "buts."

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Sure.

From 2008 to 2016 right-wing terrorism accounted for 79 deaths in the US.

Source

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join