It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
And why can't we freely use the N-word?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

First of all I commend your courage-my grandfather served in Korea and a good friend of mine was a navy diver in 'nam.

I always thought fighting for the flag meant fighting for freedom and rights, democracy, and equality at home and abroad, which is what makes Trumps' rants all the more baffling. I disagree with the tin foil hat folk calling Trump the next Hitler, as Trump doesn't want to wipe out Jews by the millions, but I do agree that he is dangerously close to becoming a dictator.

You nailed it on the head-Many people fought and died so the people can use the first, and that's being shut down by Trump whose over inflated ego has lead to calls of fake news and anti patriotism.

Stand or sit-make your choice and the first allows that choice, and people died for that right so eff Trump.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
And why can't we freely use the N-word?

Who says you can't?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yep. You don't have to like their actions, and you can even find it disgusting to dishonor traditions you hold dear, but at the end of the day those VERY traditions exist to honor the right to dishonor them. It seems a person is missing the forest for the trees to attack the players for breaking tradition and shows a severe misunderstanding as to why we are doing the traditions in the first place.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Outlier13

That is not one of the things I fought for so don't deflect this into some philosophical BS about why or what a professional soldier serves for. Believe me...I didn't do what I did because I was fighting to defend some overpaid ass clown's right to be a dick on game day instead of actually doing something of substance to raise awareness.

Read my post again. It's about picking the appropriate time to protest. I referenced multiple times I am not opposing or impinging upon anyone's right to protest.

I don't recall there being any stipulations in the 1st amendment on appropriateness of when and when not to protest. Care to point out in the Amendment where it says that? I fought to defend my rights. Part of defending rights is standing up for people using rights in ways you don't approve. Rights trump tradition any day.
Yah well protesting our national anthem is right freaking at the top of inappropriate protest and totally what s leftist would do. This stuff Has ejected right out of the BLM movement which has left leaning roots. It's an unfortunate thing people are going this way to bring attention to their favorite issue. Strangely the same types of protesters seem to justify N Korean saber rattling which is also typical leftist behavior as Kim Jon Un is a real communist dictator. Anyone got Jane Fonda on speed dial ? As a person whose ancestor fought in the Revolutionary war, I find this a disgusting display.
edit on 27-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

So basically underneath that angry rant I see you grudgingly admitting that I was right and they have the right to protest the anthem even if you don't like it. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The ONLY reason this is being done at all is because these adult children are upsetting the majority.

Funny Crapperneck never protesting until he lost his starting job and was pouting.

He only did this to piss off his team / coaches. He attached a meaning to what he was doing after the fact.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Interestingly these "leftists" that you're imagining, whomever they are, are also American citizens.

It must really rankle the hearts of core authoritarians that other Americans have different opinions.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Agreed. My first ever tweet was to Trump and it was banned, it was an honest question with no expletives, I just asked about his wall.

He wants to shut up anyone who spreads the truth, I believe his wive is a foreigner and he is banning foreigners, but call him a hypocrite on the MSM and he will call that fake news. Go figure.

Trump is either a paranoid megalomaniac with a little finger
or he is an insecure megalomaniac with a little finger
If he had an ounce of maturity he'd take the criticism on the chin instead of throwing a childlike tantrum.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

He doesn't even recognize his wife when she's standing right next to him, these days.

Mid-stage Alzheimers. It will get worse.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I remember reading about his tweets on Friday and thinking, "oh damn... Here we go again..." Sure enough the Trump Sycophant Army jumped on the train and pretended like this controversy has been pissing them off all along.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I remember reading about his tweets on Friday and thinking, "oh damn... Here we go again..." Sure enough the Trump Sycophant Army jumped on the train and pretended like this controversy has been pissing them off all along.

One of the most absurd bits I saw was alleging that the ceremony of the National Anthem is a time that all true Americans pause and reflect on the meaning of our nation and our honored dead.

The fact that such important topics can get drug through the gutter of their politics disgusts me, and I'm not even a flag-worshipper.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Trump must have been the reason I along with my extended family stopped watching the NFL last year.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

So you and your family is the majority of the NFL viewership? Also the ratings have been in decline since before last year. Any comments about that?
edit on 27-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Most people don't even know the history of that song. It was an American propaganda poem written while Scott Key was in captivity aboard a British war ship during the bombardment of Fort McHenry at Baltimore. His friend saw it and said to put it over the melody of a British drinking song (another aspect of the song that is meant to stick it to the British). Then this song was just another song for a good 80 some years. Then in the 1880's the Navy recognized it as the Anthem it is today. However, traditionally the military honors the Anthem more thoroughly than the citizenry. It is part of the UCMJ. Citizenry usually just do it to go through the motions. I tend to drink beer while waiting for it to end while I'm at games. Others do too. People don't even always take their hats off. Damn near most don't cover their heart. And this isn't speaking about the plethora of people watching at home who sit on their couch while it is playing (heck it wasn't even always televised to home viewers).

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

While anecdotal evidence is the order of the day, I spoke with four of my family members that said they tuned in for the first time this year to see the protests.

Whatever it takes to get viewers onboard I guess.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

My mom texted me Monday morning seeing if I was interested in picking up some Ravens season tickets on the cheap from angered fans selling them.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

My mom texted me Monday morning seeing if I was interested in picking up some Ravens season tickets on the cheap from angered fans selling them.

Gotta love the free market!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Gotta love the free market!

Hell yeah. I don't know about getting the season tickets, but I have a feeling I'm going to be able to go to more games than I usually do in a year (which is 1ish). I envision cheap tickets from indignant fools will be a common occurrence. Probably still going to be tough to get a Ravens/Steelers ticket on the cheap though...

new topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join