It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Grambler

Lol no because I don't live and die by fox or msnbc.

Maybe you should stop rehearsing their scripts.

Should I present all the fox associates that ripped him for not signing the crap Healthcare bill? Or do you admit the media is bs and you need to think for yourself.

Do you honestly hear a party narrative with my speach? I don't like it either that doesn't mean the opposite is better.

Of course I am not accusing you of a party speech.

Its a shame you are accusing me of rehearsing MSM scripts.

I am pointing out that people like Rand Paul who apparently me and you like are called racist, when clearly he isn't.

I am not suggesting an opposite. I am saying that people could have vastly different solutions to racial problems, but it is unfortunate that not following one scipt can lead to charges of racism.

Of course it's racist if you don't follow their script.

How else can it be racist?!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
You know as well as I do that the way this nation treats our Vets is horrendous.

Yes, that is why I said they are all treated the same. No color differences there.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
CNN has called in their token soul-brother (VANN JONES) to argue for the NFL players tonight. He's angry, but the weight of public opinion is not on his side.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Xtrozero

The ceremony. Yes it could be termed that.

Are you as upset by the throngs at the concession stand? If not I'd say your outrage is seeming a little selective.

Well it is your paradigm that everyone heads to the food court during the national anthem. That is not what I see...

Here is the deal..

The worst I have said is it is poor form to protest during the national anthem, that is it. The key here is the Constitution has nothing to do with this. Freedom of speech deals with the Government, not private companies. Private companies can tell you what to say, what to wear, how to act etc.. If you do not want any of that they can fire you. That is plain and simple. The NFL is no different, hell they will fine a player 50k for shaking their butt too many times in the end zone.

The problem is the NFL will not touch this unless it cost them money..so be it.

I really do not think Kaepernick is true to his concerns. More of a stunt than anything else....

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Other vets had to go around back and deal with segregation?

You do know the Air Force stopped segregation in 1943... right? I have met a few of the surviving members of the Tuskegee Airmen a number of times as they were always honored...this was even back in 1980s. So you tell me.. give it a rest.

Did the war on drugs target black vets more than white for the same crimes, giving different sentencing structures?[]

Target? I don't know...I didn't use drugs in my career and still don't since I operate under federal restrictions even though I live in a State where pot is legal.

Seems a weird question to ask if black vets were targeted more than white vets... It is obvious to me you were never in the military... lol

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Teams used to stay in the LockerRoom for National Anthem until 2009

What many people are missing in this debate is the fact that prior to 2009, NFL teams did not generally stand for the anthem., most of the time they stayed in the locker room during this pregame ritual.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed that the now common practice of players standing on the field together for the national anthem only began in 2009.

Additionally, it has come to light that many of the “patriotic” pregame displays in the NFL are simply propaganda displays that were paid for by the U.S. Department of Defense and the National Guard – meaning that these displays were actually paid for by the American taxpayers

Then in November 2015, Flake and fellow Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain issued a report stating that the U.S. Department of Defense had been paying the NFL for patriotic displays in football and other sports between 2011 and 2014:

The report did not cover the years prior to 2011, However, the fact that all teams in the NFL decided during the 2009 season to start coming to the field early for the national anthem seems to indicate the exact behaviors pushed for in the “paid patriotism” propaganda program, not an organic manifestation ...

edit on 27-9-2017 by Tellurian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I can admire a desire not to be governed by the innate characteristics that we all share formed over the millennia, but, we all do form groups if only in our own minds. It's the way we are. We may keep ourselves from mistreating those that are not in our group, and that is a measure of our own character and personal evolution.

You're quoting Kaepernick ... fair enough. He feels like the country at large is against his people. I don't agree, but I can understand the feeling. I can understand feeling that people you've never met, who know nothing about you as a person, hate you because of some innate characteristic. I'm not sure whether you've ever experienced that, but, I can tell you, it changes your outlook on the world. And not just "hate" ... but are willing to beat you, torture you and kill you.

For no reason, for nothing you've ever personally done. If you've never experienced that, count yourself lucky.

I hardly ever get around to expressing how I feel and think, personally in these discussions ... because I'm too busy forming and destroying arguments, searching for the facts of the matter as best I'm able.

It's very hard for me not to see virtually everything done in front of other people as a performance, at least at some level. I personally think that we as a people, as a nation, as a society, still have a long way to go. I would have said, until recently, that at least people aren't getting lynched anymore ... but, no, a group of kids try to hang an 8 year old boy because he's biracial. No, we don't see the Klan riding up to houses and burning crosses, but I myself have witnessed hundreds of occasions of the most vile duplicity on the part of other people, smiling into someone's face and calling them the worst possible names behind their backs.

Are we better off than we were ten years ago? Probably. Than 50 years ago? A hundred? Definitely.

But we've still got a long way to go.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Tellurian

Seems you listen to Ground Zero

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That post deserves more than a quick response but unfortunately I am half asleep.

I don't think I have been treated like you have, and I am sorry you went through that.

I know that racism and sexism and other bigotry is alive today, and we must call it out when we see it.
I just think we have to be careful to not overuse the charge, or else it loses its meaning.

With Kap, I think he is overstating the problem by protesting the country, but that is of less concern to me than the fact he did a great thing by donating money to poor neighborhoods.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
I like how the Jags kneeled for the US anthem but stood for the UK anthem.

That was nice, wasn't it?

They respect that country more than their own.

Trump should pull their passports and leave them there.

lol.

It's just plain weird that they would play God Save the Queen at all just because it's in the UK.

It's 2 US teams playing.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Don't like the kneeling? Don't watch. Simple. You have the freedom not to.

I'm also sure Trump violated some law with regards to suggesting the NFL, a private entite, fire these contractors for not 'standing' to the anthem.

Hypocrisy at it's finest for many members on this board.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh yes:

ESPN Monday Night Football Overnight Rating Up 63 Percent Over a Year Ago

Last night’s ESPN Monday Night Football game – a Dallas Cowboys’ 28-17 victory over the Arizona Cardinals earned a 9.3 overnight rating according to Nielsen, based on the metered markets. This is an increase of 63 percent compared to Falcons-Saints in 2016. The game rating peaked from 9:15-9:45 p.m. ET with a 10.3 metered market rating.

espnmediazone.com...

Eh I don't watch ESPN to be honest. I find the above amusing though. So much for the boycott.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Oh yes:

Last night’s ESPN Monday Night Football game – a Dallas Cowboys’ 28-17 victory over the Arizona Cardinals earned a 9.3 overnight rating according to Nielsen, based on the metered markets. This is an increase of 63 percent compared to Falcons-Saints in 2016. The game rating peaked from 9:15-9:45 p.m. ET with a 10.3 metered market rating.

espnmediazone.com...

Eh I don't watch ESPN to be honest. I find the above amusing though. So much for the boycott.

Of course it did, the Cowboys are the biggest NFL draw.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
All this is ,is a display of liberals,acting out in a childish self promoting factor,what else is new.liberals have no skills other then mocking laws,and making up stoty's of racism

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I just think we have to be careful to not overuse the charge, or else it loses its meaning.

I agree completely with that assessment. Trust me, in the high-end service industry, we see misuse of discrimination charges every day.

Also, I'll just say thanks for your other comments, and say that I'm glad that i've been lucky in my life.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Oh yes:

espnmediazone.com...

apnews.com...:-Football-ratings-off-11-percent-this-year

Down 11

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Oh yes:

espnmediazone.com...

apnews.com...:-Football-ratings-off-11-percent-this-year

Down 11

Guardian is demonstrating current response in light of the topic; you are desperately trying to further a narrative.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is not one of the things I fought for so don't deflect this into some philosophical BS about why or what a professional soldier serves for. Believe me...I didn't do what I did because I was fighting to defend some overpaid ass clown's right to be a dick on game day instead of actually doing something of substance to raise awareness.

Read my post again. It's about picking the appropriate time to protest. I referenced multiple times I am not opposing or impinging upon anyone's right to protest.

I don't recall there being any stipulations in the 1st amendment on appropriateness of when and when not to protest. Care to point out in the Amendment where it says that? I fought to defend my rights. Part of defending rights is standing up for people using rights in ways you don't approve. Rights trump tradition any day.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The longer this stuff goes on the more it makes my conspiracy hairs on back of my neck stand up. It's just seems like a distraction from some other stuff.

We got enough on our plates,is this really an issue that needs to be debated ad nauseam. Hell its almost like the media and Trump both are egging in on a little bit. I'm obviously speculating but seems we are all could be missing something we all should really be paying attention to.

Or maybe its not a big deal to me either way. It is just part of a free society....

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Its distracting you from Trumps god-awful Presidency.

Everytime he fails to get something done or questions arise over one of his campaign promises he starts another Twitter media frenzy to cover it.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join