It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Check this out. Tell me if you think people being motivated by this inspires or scares..

The reason why I speak with so much passion, ET, why do you speak with so much authority? Because I’m talking about my life, not not something that I read. I ate out of trash cans, I had no business eating out of trash cans. I lived in abandoned buildings, I had no business living in abandoned buildings. But ET your daddy wasn’t is your life, your mom was a teenage mother. You grew up, come on ET, look at your shirt. That’s not an excuse, there is no excuse for not living up to your fullest potential, no excuse. I told you, I didn’t get a new daddy, I didn’t get a new mother. What changed? I changed. And I stop being a victim, I stopped saying, “I have got to wait for good things to happen to me” and I say “I’m going to grind, I’m going to fight. I’m going to work, I’m going to press forward, I’m going to learn, I’m going to do everything in my power every single day, I’m going to do everything in my power to become a victor and not a victim.”

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

By who? The media?

And some folks on the left.

For example, ending subsidies for single mothers, a staple of the war on poverty that has led to huge amounts of single parent households, is co,disered racist.

As is ending other welfare policies that I believe seek to keep some blacks dependant on the government.

Heck, trump was called racist by all sorts of people for even mentioning he wanted to solve crime in these neighborhoods.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Inspired.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think the kneelers got hoodwinked by BLM and the MSM and left-wing establishment, which only completed Trump's trolling effort. At some level he must have been immensely pleased with himself for starting such a thing in the first place while hoping again hope that they keep on doing it (did they on Monday night as well?).

This one goes to Trump in the end, sadly.

And it wasn't really him who made the USA look like high school in the eyes of the world.

It's when they all took a knee even when they weren't aligned in any way with the original protest.

They didn't think it all the way through.

It's interesting to see the way the MSM and CNN ran with it... and Hollywood, etc., etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: face23785

When did racism stop in the United States?

We will never purge humanity of racism, but it is neither systemic nor rampant in the USA.

Interesting claim.

You do know what 'systemic' and 'rampant' mean, right? Not hyperbolic.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

We will never purge humanity of racism, but it is neither systemic nor rampant in the USA.

“I’ll tell you what’s at the bottom of it,” he said. “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

Lbj war on poverty.

You're pulling a quote from over 50 years ago?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Interesting claim.

I know the standard definitions of the words, yes. Did you have more to offer on your interesting claim?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Yet those listening to this who have pulled themselves out of the gutter and may be a little mis led at 25 years old, the first real education with maintenence being college, protesting a real thing are getting hammered with close to zero empathy.

The heart of the protest has nothing to do with flags.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think that Trump successfully punk'd the NFL, and from the 1 yard line, if that, kicked them right through the uprights even right out of the stadium, with a few words and tweets, these the same people who hire Lady Gaga and Katy Perry to perform at the Superbowl.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

"This one goes to Trump" ... are you saying the President "won"?

What did he win?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Has the war on poverty ended? Ahhh..don't get the concept....well nevermind...too complicated.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Interesting claim.

I know the standard definitions of the words, yes. Did you have more to offer on your interesting claim?

I don't need to 'offer' anything. If you believe the USA is a racist country that is your problem, not mine.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Interesting claim.

I don't need to 'offer' anything. If you believe the USA is a racist country that is your problem, not mine.

Well, you don't have to get snippy. You seem to be trying to engage with me; I asked you if you had anything to say aside from your interesting claim. It seems you don't.

You don't know what I believe, nor have you ever shown any interest in finding out; your comment is superfluous.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Has the war on poverty ended? Ahhh..don't get the concept....well nevermind...too complicated.

A very wise man told us far more than 50 years ago that the poor would always be with us. Only recent hubris has led some people to think that poverty can be eradicated.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Interesting claim.

Well, you don't have to get snippy. You seem to be trying to engage with me; I asked you if you had anything to say aside from your interesting claim. It seems you don't.

You don't know what I believe, nor have you ever shown any interest in finding out; your comment is superfluous.

So your rebuttal is vapid. Fair enough.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If focusing on policing disparities is important, and yet a group only wants to focus on what personally benefits them the most, why should we take them seriously.

The criticism seems to be from some protestors and those supporting them that people not affected by this racial disparity are not concerned about the problem.

But if there is an even bigger disparity that goes unmentioned by these protestors, how are they not doing the very same thing?

Shouldn't we focus on the biggest disparity first?

After controlling for the arrest offense, criminal history, and other prior characteristics, "men receive 63% longer sentences on average than women do," and "[w]omen are…twice as likely to avoid incarceration if convicted." This gender gap is about six times as large as the racial disparity that Prof. Starr found in another recent paper.

www.law.umich.edu...

Many on the left that are prtesting for solving the racial disparity are also heavily into criticizing men for all sorts of things (ie the patriarchy is the root of all problems)

So they attack the very people hurt the most by this law enforcement disparity.

It is basically ignored completely. Show me one celebrity, athlete, or media member protesting about this huge gender disparity.

Show me one college protest, or one course dedicated to law enforcement unjust treatment of men.

Yet the voice for racial prejudice in law enforcement is all around us; movie stars, athletes, the media, politicians, course dedicated to the matter. Despite the fact that the gender disparity is 6 times worse.

Its almost as if there is an agenda in pushing one disparity, and not the other.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The criminal justice system is racist. America was racist institutionally until 1968...

It didn't just flip over night.

Lots of pockets where politicians could use the struggle for jobs and scapegoating have been riding the last waves for decades.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

1 John 3:17

"I have the right to do anything," you say—but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"—but not everything is constructive. No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.

1 Corinthians 10: 23-24

"Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan, I will now arise,” says the Lord. “I will protect them from those who malign them."

Psalm 12:5

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

That's a sweet story.

However it makes no sense in your argument.

My story was about how politicians manipulate the poor.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

We all tend to focus on groups that we identify with Grambler. You know that as well as I do.

These protestors ARE talking about the same thing that concerns you ... Black MEN are being discriminated against! I haven't seen any protestors saying that ONLY Black men are targeted, have you ?

So, since you see this problem, what are you going to do about it? You'll be standing with the protesters I'm sure, as you see that the disparity in numbers of Black men OBVIOUSLY points to discrimination ... you just want to add in all other men, right?

A worthy cause; one I think you should pursue! These folks are working on the same issue.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join