It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
How do you think black vets have felt coming home to racism since the 1800's?

Its 2017 get over it...

How does the US do with black vets historically?

The same as all other vets...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

How do you think black vets have felt coming home to racism since the 1800's?

Its 2017 get over it...

How does the US do with black vets historically?

The same as all other vets...

Wow, you sound like you're really showing great respect to our honored Veterans dude!

Why don't you play the Anthem so you can get in the right mood to comtemplate the matter.

Make sure you stand and put your hand over your heart while doing so: remember the 23 USC.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
... good lord.

Pleading with Cthulhu for help is not necessary, Jerry and his Cowgirls still got booed.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Oh yeah, a time to reflect on history ... that's why so may people spend it at the concession stand....

Do you believe this? Or is it pure rhetoric? Or pure something else?

That is their choice to not participate, but they are also not pulling the focus on to themselves away from the ceremony. BTW where do you live? You view that everyone is at the hot dog stand during the national anthem must be some other planet you must live on.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes
I didn't watch so I missed that but that's also part of the deal. Did they assume they were going to kneel for the anthem itself? Or did they boo after? Serious question.

They booed when they all clasped hands and knelt down prior to then anthem being played.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Wow, you sound like you're really showing great respect to our honored Veterans dude!

Why don't you play the Anthem so you can get in the right mood to comtemplate the matter.

Make sure you stand and put your hand over your heart while doing so: remember the 23 USC.

Well I do and as I look around everyone else does to. I got over 28 years in the military and 10 more in support at forward operating bases.

The question was how are our black vets treated compared to whites and the answer is they are all treated the same.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
posts like this always bug me cause they forget one major aspect, yes being able to protest is what our founding fathers fought for along with countless others since the founding of this nation. that doesnt mean that people wont be offended by disrespecting our honored national anthem. so yes people have a right to protest (while on the job its a lil different but hey u can quit) and people have a right to call u an idiot for choosing such a poor time to hold a protest for something that the national anthem itself represents and we fight for day in and out. so yeah they have a right to protest, just like we have a right to call them morons

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Really wish you would answer this.

Say you find yourself in another country at a sporting event and they play their national anthem. are you going to stand? If so why?

Would you and stand and I am 100% sure you would and why? Is it because you respect their flag so much or is it because you just dont want to be disrespectful to the people that do?

Other countries like the UK don't ram anthems down their citizens throats and demand they stand.

No-one here would give a sh1t if a tourist didn't stand during our anthem since we don't usually play it at every sporting event because we aren't insecure over-patriotic douchebags.

So you speak for everyone in the UK? good to know.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

They weren't "treated" the same by you in the post I responded to.

Thanks for your service. That said, you're merely appealing to your own authority here. You certainly can't speak for how Black Vets feel or how they are treated. You know as well as I do that the way this nation treats our Vets is horrendous.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

a reply to: nmaben

Is a black vet or white vet more likely to go to jail for the same crime?

I am not sure.

Most studies I have seen suggest that blacks do get harsher penalties and sentences. However, that also say things such a criminal records may play a part in that.

In addition, it could be because in general blacks arrested and charged are poorer and can afford less legal services.

But I will take this at face value. The black is more likely to be arrrsyed, and we should try to solve that problem.

However, that is a drop in the bucket to the disparity between men and women in the criminal justice system.

For example 95 percent of all people shot by police are men.

When will we see marches, protests, and demands for this to change?

And why do many on the left that sincerely want to solve racial disparities in law enforcement not only do nothing to address the far more stark gender disparity, but actually spend so much time fighting the "patriarchy"?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The ceremony. Yes it could be termed that.

Are you as upset by the throngs at the concession stand? If not I'd say your outrage is seeming a little selective.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The ceremony. Yes it could be termed that.

Are you as upset by the throngs at the concession stand? If not I'd say your outrage is seeming a little selective.

Seems the NFL already stomps on freedom of speech and is filed with hypocrisy.

www.si.com...

Worse, when Williams asked the NFL to be allowed to wear pink all season, to better honor the memory of a woman who for years played a prominent role in the Panthers’ Breast Cancer Awareness Month, this was the response:

Steelers RB DeAngelo Williams wanted to wear pink all season to honor his mother who lost her battle with breast cancer. The NFL said no.

Fury over NFL’s crackdown on player’s 9/11 tribute cleats
nypost.com...

FLASHBACK: NFL Banned Teams From Honoring Murdered Cops; Threatened Players Honoring 9/11
www.dailywire.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Yet, so many here were unaware of their deep reverence for the Anthem or their rancor toward the NFL until Trump blew the dog-whistle?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
trump regarding respect for others -

" “For the most part,” he said, “you can’t respect people because most people aren’t worthy of respect.”

from a 2014 interview.

trump's tweet was all about riling up his base to take the focus of the investigation. he uses you all so damn much, I wish you could see that..

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The problem is what they're protesting FOR. They claim the USA is institutionally racist... even though we've had a black president and all of these football players make MILLIONS of dollars a year... yeah, real racist.

The only conclusion I can see is that black people just hate the USA. They hate the police for stopping criminals. They hate the police when they're forced to shoot the criminals after a drug fueled car chase or attacking a cop in his patrol car. They support lawlessness and want to be able to loot and steal whenever they feel like.

It's retarded.

I'm a combat veteran and before I would've taking the libertarian route and said, "Yes they have a right to protest." But I'm smarter now and I can see that this all just anti-American horse#. This is what the #ing liberal commies have been planning for years. Their plan has always been to collapse the USA and turn it into a commie hell hole. They're finally dropping the hammer and going in for the kill.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

False argument, there was a rising anger against The NFL on taking a political stance. I never really followed sports because I thought the sports "heroes" were overpaid crybabies. A little too materialistic. I am proud to stand and honor the country. I never put much stock in professional sports. But, hey! Put your time in what you value.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ImanRobota

That is the thing, the NFL does dictate to players what they can and cannot support on the field.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Perhaps you'll direct me to the threads here on the political aspects of the NFL prior to the last few days? (And not related to Kaepernick?)

Standing and honoring the country is great! So's kneeling and exercising the rights that country represents as well as the men and women who died for those rights.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: nmaben

Is a black vet or white vet more likely to go to jail for the same crime?

I am not sure.

Most studies I have seen suggest that blacks do get harsher penalties and sentences. However, that also say things such a criminal records may play a part in that.

In addition, it could be because in general blacks arrested and charged are poorer and can afford less legal services.

But I will take this at face value. The black is more likely to be arrrsyed, and we should try to solve that problem.

However, that is a drop in the bucket to the disparity between men and women in the criminal justice system.

For example 95 percent of all people shot by police are men.

When will we see marches, protests, and demands for this to change?

And why do many on the left that sincerely want to solve racial disparities in law enforcement not only do nothing to address the far more stark gender disparity, but actually spend so much time fighting the "patriarchy"?

In all fairness, there is at least some logical basis for the difference in police shooting rates between men and women. For one men commit more violent crime. And then there's just some common sense differences. An officer could reasonably fear for his life if a 6'4, 250 pound man is charging him, with or without a weapon. I doubt he'd be able to convince a jury he was in mortal danger if a 5'1, 90 pound woman was charging him. Edit: I will stress I'm talking about an unarmed woman here. If you have a knife I don't care how small you are, you're a deadly threat if you advance toward someone in a threatening manner.
edit on 26 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Gryphon66

False argument, there was a rising anger against The NFL on taking a political stance. I never really followed sports because I thought the sports "heroes" were overpaid crybabies. A little too materialistic. I am proud to stand and honor the country. I never put much stock in professional sports. But, hey! Put your time in what you value.

that's how I feel about trump - a cry baby and too materialistic.

funny.

is it true he dodged the draft?

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join