It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: nmaben
These ball players, like all leftist community activists...

Are you aware that Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowpersons (that's their new gender-neutral name) is a Republican? He took a kneel with those Commie Pinkos too.

He specifically took it before the anthem because he feels during is disrespectful.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes
He specifically took it before the anthem because he feels during is disrespectful.

He was still out there doing the Tebow.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yes you are right, I agree they're disgusting Ploy worked. When one acts in a disgusting, disrespectful, irritating manner, one gets noticed. These ball players, like all leftist community activists, have taken a page out of the book Rules for Radicals. The drawback to this is, they have lost me and many others forever. a reply to: Krazysh0t

You know what I find disgusting? Stereotyping a whole political ideology as disgusting because you don't like their message.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
They are disgusting and disrespectful as I said, along with some of the protesters in Charlottesville. The coaches, owners and players, all acted in a Despicable manner. Some of the people on this thread making snarky remarks about how a boycott of the NFL won't do any good, we'll be eating those remarks in the not-too-distant future. a reply to: knoxie

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm glad you're disgusted, my Ploy worked. a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

He was still out there doing the Tebow.

Pre anthem, not during. Most people see the difference.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
O.P.

The flag is not an idol to worship. Never been.

Rather a symbol that we can look towards and understand we are, as citizens, the same under this simple symbol.

Protesting the national anthem and flying the flag is now nothing more than a trend...popular and following group think.

Our founding fathers were Englishmen, fighting for English rights denied to them as colonists Period.

Using a veteran status to justify your reasoning gives no credence to the rant. I am a retired veteran, if you served, about the time you say you enlisted I retired but stayed ar.

One protests through votes, one protests by getting involved in actions, one protests by leading. Taking a knee...trendy and does nothing.

That flag draped across coffins, flying high remote places in such remote places people can't imagine...respect, safety to turn to and home.

Protest the government. Protest the president. Protest the Senate, protest the house.

That is our flag, not yours or mine. A symbol, from an age of innocence, valor and justice. A unifying symbol to turn to as in any nation.

It's not about patriotism, it's about drawing a line and understanding history.

It is not correct to kneel, but allowed, during the anthem...as it should be, but this country is being torn apart by divisive issues...most of such are media driven, that flag represents our unity as a nation, a people, a community.

Go live in a third world nation for a few years...you see that flag, you will know. You go to disaster areas, see that flag flying...you will know. See it on ships....ill go on and on.

Mg

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The people in the stands sure as heel flipped their s***. Did you miss them booing? Wasn't like they appreciated the gesture of that pseudo-Republican.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
No big deal to me. I am skipping all NFL this year.

Not because of Trump or any of that. I just don't like politics mixed with my entertainment, but I do find politics entertaining sometimes. I would stop going to the movies if before each film the actors made their political statements. The movie industry has enough sense to separate that stuff or at least sneak it into the plot.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

booing even though they knelled BEFORE the song... good lord.

if their booing ran into the singing of the national anthem - THAT would be disgusting and disrespectful. lol

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nmaben

... and yet the only folks who ever mention Alinsky are right-wingers.

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well I don't think you could make a top 50 black actors currently in their prime who pulled themselves out of the ghetto. list either.

While I get your point and it a fair point I think the 30 seconds of irritation is not a big deal.

Personally I believe they are also standing up for the black vets who come home and get harassed by a broken criminal justice system.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 You don't expect the leftist to tout their own Playbook do you? As far as being right-wing, I'm somewhere around the middle leaning libertarian. Hell, I've even been called a leftist for some of my views. Like not wishing my country to be continually sticking its nose in other people's business and using War as the first option instead of the last. As far as these ballplayers go, I take what they did as a personal insult and will have nothing to do with the NFL or their sponsors.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nmaben

How do you think black vets have felt coming home to racism since the 1800's?

Ww2 hereos?, Korean war?, vietnam?, Persian gulf?, Iraq?

How does the US do with black vets historically?

Is a black vet or white vet more likely to go to jail for the same crime?

edit on 26-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66 You don't expect the leftist to tout their own Playbook do you? As far as being right-wing, I'm somewhere around the middle leaning libertarian. Hell, I've even been called a leftist for some of my views. Like not wishing my country to be continually sticking its nose in other people's business and using War as the first option instead of the last. As far as these ballplayers go, I take what they did as a personal insult and will have nothing to do with the NFL or their sponsors.

First of all, you're using Alinsky when you prattle on about "leftists."

If you quack like a right-wing duck and waddle like one, expect to be perceived as one.

If you take what others did in 1.5 minutes as a personal insult, I'd say you need to develop a bit thicker skin.

Your final point is the only thing I can agree with; vote with your wallet!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The people in the stands sure as heel flipped their s***. Did you miss them booing? Wasn't like they appreciated the gesture of that pseudo-Republican.

I didn't watch so I missed that but that's also part of the deal. Did they assume they were going to kneel for the anthem itself? Or did they boo after? Serious question.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22703918]Gryphon66[/ Firstly, what these people are doing is right out of Alinsky's book, it is leftist. Secondly, your idea of what left and right is is a bit stilted, you need to learn some more about ducks. Thirdly, when people openly disrespect my country and its symbols, I do take it personally, and I will vote with my wallet.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=22703918]Gryphon66[/ Firstly, what these people are doing is right out of Alinsky's book, it is leftist. Secondly, your idea of what left and right is is a bit stilted, you need to learn some more about ducks. Thirdly, when people openly disrespect my country and its symbols, I do take it personally, and I will vote with my wallet.

Which page?

Pfft. Blow it out your nose. You have your opinions about politics, I have mine.

No one is openly disrespecting "your" country. These Americans are acting in line with their own beliefs while still showing respect to the Flag and the Anthem.

And, good for you ... so what?
edit on 26-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

It is not correct to kneel, but allowed, during the anthem...as it should be, but this country is being torn apart by divisive issues...most of such are media driven, that flag represents our unity as a nation, a people, a community.

As I said before the kneeling part was not really that bad, what these people are doing wrong is pulling away the focus of the ceremony from our flag to them. It would be like going in to a funeral and telling bad jokes. The national anthem is a time to reflect on our history and honor our fallen warriors and all who have served. It is not a time to pull the lime light on to one self, as in this case of kneeling for one's self interests.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: missed_gear

As I said before the kneeling part was not really that bad, what these people are doing wrong is pulling away the focus of the ceremony from our flag to them. It would be like going in to a funeral and telling bad jokes. The national anthem is a time to reflect on our history and honor our fallen warriors and all who have served. It is not a time to pull the lime light on to one self, as in this case of kneeling for one's self interests.

Oh yeah, a time to reflect on history ... that's why so may people spend it at the concession stand....

Do you believe this? Or is it pure rhetoric? Or pure something else?

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join