It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
I just love the fake outrage. Where were you folks over the last two years? Why were not people boycotting games.. burning hats.. selling season tickets? Why is it only a "thing" now that the Donald as tweeted about it? I tell ya.. the guy is a showman.. a reality star.. and he knows how to sheepalize people with the best of them. Omg FAKE NEWS!.. even though media has been the same for a long long time. Omg disrespect for the FLAG!.. even though it has nothing to do with the flag.. or those who have served.. and has been going on for a couple of years now.

Was a poor form back then and it is still poor form... It is just current in the news...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't have to make it sound like woe as me. Your conversation does it fine.

Your athletic family story is irrelevant. Are they pros?

I shoot rifles am I sniper?

edit on 26-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

You don't have to pay to see a game either lol...

Let's see how real of damagw this 6 percent of idiots pretending outrage can do...

Oh a lot less than the outrage across the country for the .001% of the Nazis/Fascist doing their clown acts...lol

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have been complaining for years about the militarization of our police departments. On that point, we agree. My brother is a retired police officer and was a member of a SWAT team. We have had many arguments about the militarization of the police department's, very heated. As far as the NFL players are concerned, I think they are disgusting and disrespectful. It's the wrong venue for a protest. reply to: luthier

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Your athletic family story is irrelevant. Are they pros?

I shoot rifles am I sniper?

You have no point here...Are you a pro to defend them?
edit on 26-9-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: nmaben

Curious. What is the "right" venue for protest?

Probably one which isn't going to piss off some of the people you are trying to win over.

This is a no win protest in my eyes. Everyone is right about their opinion because everyone has the right to do what they want and believe what they want.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

for me, it is simply that kaepernick said:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

source for kaepernick's statement regarding taking a knee

we don't live in a country that oppresses black people or any one else. we have laws in place that investigates and puts on trial any officer who may have committed a crime while performing their duties. if the laws are lacking then instead of protesting the national anthem we should work on making the laws more clear.

disrespecting the national anthem does not equal changing any police policy.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No but I wrestled four years at Penn state with a scholarship. One that allowed me to go to college from working harder than others.

And I never used the comparison of myself and a pro unlike your "athletic" family giving you insight.
edit on 26-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

So I your head the image of a person kneeling at a sports game is the same as nazis playing dress up and skin heads armed?

They aren't even comparable things.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Probably one which isn't going to piss off some of the people you are trying to win over.

Which is? I can't think of a single protest in history that didn't make a bunch of people upset at the protesters.

This is a no win protest in my eyes. Everyone is right about their opinion because everyone has the right to do what they want and believe what they want.

That is always true about protesting.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

How does one bring attention to the lacking laws if you are putting bans on the type of protests people are allowed to do?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: Krazysh0t

for me, it is simply that kaepernick said:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

source for kaepernick's statement regarding taking a knee

we don't live in a country that oppresses black people or any one else. we have laws in place that investigates and puts on trial any officer who may have committed a crime while performing their duties. if the laws are lacking then instead of protesting the national anthem we should work on making the laws more clear.

disrespecting the national anthem does not equal changing any police policy.

Our country absolutely oppresses minorities. There isn't even an argument about it. Sentencing guidelines that make crack equate to longer jail sentences than its powdered counterpart are a great piece of evidence for this. Or the fact that we set up a subsidized housing program that isolates minorities in inner cities, away from opportunities for employment and education, to be housed alongside felons and sex offenders.

Black people in the US have been crapped on, and exploited, for decades. All by the government that feeds them lip service in exchange for votes. How degrading must it be to have your vote bought with benefits rather than opportunities.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
these black men with voices getting their message across - how dare they!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yeah but if the ones ignoring the laws are the same ones that are making the laws how far do you think you will get without protest?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
these black men with voices getting their message across - how dare they!!!

and, peacefully - those son's of bitches!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

How does one bring attention to the lacking laws if you are putting bans on the type of protests people are allowed to do?

i never said "ban" anything.
to make change of the legal process you get together with the people who have the authority to draft up legislation and put that proposal up for a vote to make it into law.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Which is? I can't think of a single protest in history that didn't make a bunch of people upset at the protesters.

That is always true about protesting.

People who correlate the anthem with memories of loved ones they lost at war. The flag being the memory keepsake they have. You aren't going to sway me there, not one ounce. A lot of people reflect during the anthem.

edit on 26-9-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

At what point does the person selling their vote in exchange for a seat in the Kept Voter pool become responsible as part of the problem? The opportunities are there and have been there for awhile now... the problem is that people are settling for the easy route, living in squalor while having you basic needs cared for as long as you follow the most basic of legal requirements (not selling crack comes to mind from your post). As long as we have that contingent who is satisfied with what is essentially a modern form of slavery minus any actual laboring, nothing will change.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

And I never used the comparison of myself and a pro unlike your "athletic" family giving you insight.

Lol do you do this all the time? I said I don't like pro athletics adopting a oh woe is me attitude and you took that all in this direction. I'm not comparing anything here, you are creating all of this out of thin air...lol

BTW good on you, but I haven't told you just how athletic my family is either, so give it a rest...

The bottom line is paying respect to the flag means the focus is on the flag, to spot light that focus on yourself is poor form. Its like going into a funeral and telling bad jokes....poor form.

If you all can't figure this out then, so be it, have a good day all.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i never said "ban" anything.
to make change of the legal process you get together with the people who have the authority to draft up legislation and put that proposal up for a vote to make it into law.

And how successful regarding the issue Kapernick was bringing to attention has that been so far?

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join