It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
NFL players are contractors, not employees. If it's not in their contract to stand for the anthem, then they don't have to do it. They are hired to play a competitive sport, what they do during the national anthem is completely up to them. Most people don't realize that the reason the NFL has been "honoring" military vets and kissing the military's ass for years is because the department of defense PAYS THEM TO. It's part of the military budget to recruit and they choose to recruit at NFL games and have like a $50m budget to do so. To me that's a huge waste of tax dollars in the first place and it's fake.

What would you do if the president of the US asked people to boycott the company you work for? That is detrimental and could cost people their livelihoods, they should take that personally. Trump saying that as a business man is appalling because he knows better. Calling somebody who busts their ass on a daily basis to be the best at what they do, "entitled" is laughable. It takes incredible dedication and practice to even make an NFL practice squad. It isn't just handed to you. Most college players never even make the NFL and even most draftees are out of the NFL within a few years.

Being offended at non violent protests while ignoring the primary reason they are doing it is illogical. Who cares if people are offended? Controversy is no reason to avoid doing what you believe in. There is nothing wrong with protesting a country that routinely demonstrates inequality and racism, yet does nothing to fix it and the president doesn't even care about it. Do you know what USED to be extremely offensive? A black person eating in the same restaurant as a white person or using the same bathroom. When African Americans began doing this to protest the same ridiculous group got extremely offended, but it ended up being the right thing. Sometimes you have to ruffle feathers to get things done and it's funny how the majority of people offended by the protests are the same far right people constantly calling people triggered or snowflakes for getting offended at their views, yet in this light they are more offended than I've ever seen any liberal get.

edit on 9 26 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Its more than a waste of taxpayer dollars....its using taxpayer dollars to run propaganda campaigns on taxpayers. Insidious AF is what it is.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ahh. So they were born with gifts you don't think are important.

The thing you fail to mention is the amount of self discipline it takes to get up at 5:30 am and do a college sports athletic routine and go to college.

Nevermind actually tuning there bodies to be the best players in the nation.

Your really not making a good argument here. Those "gifts" are like any other genes anyone gets. They require work.

Tired of fake conservatives belittling millionaire athletes because they are jealous the hard work they pretend to support and talk about payed off better for some one else.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Since we're all cool with false equivalently tactics, how come you (and many others) weren't discussing how disrespectful it is for people to wear swastikas and heil Hitler after nearly half a million American lives were lost ending that scourge?

Selective "outrage," at its finest.

Some people just hate the Constitution. It is what it is.

It is all about the proper venue, I think the Nazis are clowns too, so be it, but it is not like I paid money to go see them perform something totally non-political and then they put out they Nazi flag.... lol

You don't have to pay to see a game either lol...

Let's see how real of damagw this 6 percent of idiots pretending outrage can do...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Barcs

Its more than a waste of taxpayer dollars....its using taxpayer dollars to run propaganda campaigns on taxpayers. Insidious AF is what it is.

What you don't support the troops?

Just kidding. Just wanted to add some more hysteria over guys kneeling in a sports game.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If you believe you were fighting for the flag of the country your founding fathers envisioned then there is no real point in discussing anything further.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If you believe you were fighting for the flag of the country your founding fathers envisioned then there is no real point in discussing anything further.

I'm curious how you think anyone can understand your intention or point when your first and only post in a thread is telling people you don't want to talk to them. Also discuss anything further? We haven't even discussed anything initially let alone talk about doing anything further.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Xenogears

Just look at the groups involved in planning it. Pretty much every single one was a white supremacist group. At the same time the more sane groups that were invited backed out when they saw the people they were dealing with. So yes, it was a white supremacist rally.

White supremacist rally. Iirc there were hispanics and blacks there...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The thing you fail to mention is the amount of self discipline it takes to get up at 5:30 am and do a college sports athletic routine and go to college.

Your really not making a good argument here. Those "gifts" are like any other genes anyone gets. They require work.

Tired of fake conservatives belittling millionaire athletes because they are jealous the hard work they pretend to support and talk about payed off better for some one else.

Athletes, actors, musicians. Sure they have to train but many people do so and only a fraction make it.

Still Ill never see a neurosurgeon who got there from nothing in the same light as these.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

Athletes, actors, musicians. Sure they have to train but many people do so and only a fraction make it.

Still Ill never see a neurosurgeon who got there from nothing in the same light as these.

That's because you enjoy passing judgement.

Athletes are picked because they are the best. They are not like actors or musicians who just need to know somebody.

Pretty sure music has done plenty for humanity. As well as theater.

It's unfortunate we perverted the system of getting the best in those fields.

No different than the cronyism in the medical fields.
edit on 26-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have already stated, that they have the right to protest. Even though it is disgusting and disrespectful. It is the wrong venue for a protest. As I said, I will not support the NFL in any way, from now on. I did not mean to imply, that all football fans think the same way. They do not. I understand, that the flag and the national anthem don't mean anything to you. If that's the way you feel ok, that's your right. I would hope that you would at least admit that their actions are in poor taste.: Krazysh0t

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Thanks should be given to Donald Trump for that, no one else.

This all started before the Trumpstir...lol

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nmaben

Curious. What is the "right" venue for protest?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I just love the fake outrage. Where were you folks over the last two years? Why were not people boycotting games.. burning hats.. selling season tickets? Why is it only a "thing" now that the Donald as tweeted about it? I tell ya.. the guy is a showman.. a reality star.. and he knows how to sheepalize people with the best of them. Omg FAKE NEWS!.. even though media has been the same for a long long time. Omg disrespect for the FLAG!.. even though it has nothing to do with the flag.. or those who have served.. and has been going on for a couple of years now.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nmaben
I have already stated, that they have the right to protest. Even though it is disgusting and disrespectful. It is the wrong venue for a protest. As I said, I will not support the NFL in any way, from now on. I did not mean to imply, that all football fans think the same way. They do not. I understand, that the flag and the national anthem don't mean anything to you. If that's the way you feel ok, that's your right. I would hope that you would at least admit that their actions are in poor taste.: Krazysh0t

I think they feel the tacit support of a broken criminal justice program while pretending everything is fine is also disrespectful.

Like coming home from Iraq and getting harassed by a cop because your black..

It's best when unity is the real focus not just a symbolic piece of bs.

When you don't get hysterical youe see someone saying something hard to hear has a point and if you listen they may be more likely to listen to your hard to hear input.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

If people are not seeing the reasons for it, the players need to try harder to get the word out or you will continue to see people upset by it, they and you should not assume that everyone can spend hours a day sifting through the mountain of news stories spit out each day.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

That's because you enjoy passing judgement.

Athletes are picked because they are the best. They are not like actors or musicians who just need to know somebody.

Pretty sure music has done plenty for humanity. As well as theater.

It's unfortunate we perverted the system of getting the best in those fields.

No different than the cronyism in the medical fields.

Athletes often depend on their genes. The guy who trained harder may not make it because his genes were not good enough.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

That sounds like life. Same as neuroscience and iq.

However it shows you have no clue. Football and being big and strong without knowledge and technique doesn't exist.

But hey why use logic. Your right it's all genes. It's the genes that allow the qb to read a defense not studying plays. Or a corner back reading a qb and the offense...etc
edit on 26-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Don't put words in my mouth...you seem to do that a lot with your posts...

I come from a very athletic family so I'm not sure what you are trying to preach me on.

So are you suggesting anyone with the right amount of work could be as successful?

I guess you do not understand, great on them...just don't assume some oh woe is me attitude.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: nmaben

Curious. What is the "right" venue for protest?

The kitchen table.

Oh, I thought you said proteins.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join