It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

that was another poster.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

that was another poster.

What was this?

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Xtrozero

Do you think if the owner was out with you protesting you may be ok?

Lol,

By the way these millionaires for the most part are the type of people who pulled themselves up out of nothing.

It's hilarious when conservatives mock them.

Pull yourself out of nothing is having a startup or getting a stem degree, not being picked for naturally good body and athletic ability
edit on 26-9-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
90% of these knuckleheads are doing this because it's "Trendy", plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The original poster, missed the point as to why football fans are upset. Most of us tune into the game to get away from all the political crap. It is disrespectful, to protest while the national anthem is being played or the flag is being raised. I have and will, fight for the right of these people to protest, burn any countries flag, say anything they damn well please. Having said that, I find these people, disgusting and disrespectful. Especially so, considering they have the best lifestyle this country has to offer. I will not spend another dime on anything that has to do with the NFL. Unfortunately, a lot of us have folded flags at home that were draped over the coffins of people that didn't make it back from our various foreign entanglements, as you did. This is just another reason, why some of us find this behavior disgusting. I say spend that extra time with your kids, your wife, your friends, make a toast to the ones that didn't make it back. To hell with these people. As a side note, I spent some time in the Middle East and it wasn't behind the wire.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

What I don't get is how this is even protesting? Taking a knee and disrespecting vets who died to protect your rights is somehow protesting civil rights. This is like getting into an argument with your city council and to teach them a lesson you burn down your house. Shows a huge amount of stupidity in my book.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"Not taking that stance"
"Begging for real justice, freedom and equality"
"Humble prayer for the nation"
"Anointed knights making a difference"

It's my personal interpretation, I like the last one. But just asking the question you both had in mind could be another intended effect. It's an art performance of sorts and it offers many layers of meaning with regards to the actual state of the nation.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The problem is the protest are from multimillionaire who complain and whine ,inside the locker rooms their is a whole different story.Roger Goodell will be gone eventually over this.
Disrespecting vets and people who died for your country and other countries so that they can live with more freedom is the issue.Not the stupid protesting that is a handful of people.
Meanwhile the MSM is loving the mass billions they are making off Trump because all MSM is giant corporations.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Striking outside the building you work is "not at work"?

No you are not at work being paid...you are outside not being paid... lol dude...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

that was Xenogears, not Xtrozero.

could be wrong..

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
90% of these knuckleheads are doing this because it's "Trendy", plain and simple.

Is that the same reason you're commenting on it?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: RomeByFire

What I don't get is how this is even protesting? Taking a knee and disrespecting vets who died to protect your rights is somehow protesting civil rights. This is like getting into an argument with your city council and to teach them a lesson you burn down your house. Shows a huge amount of stupidity in my book.

How is taking a knee, which is known as a universal sign of respect and showing honor, disrespectful to anyone?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nmaben

The op is a soldier. And many disagree with you...

The beairy is we are not whabis. On soldier think one way, one another. Nobody is a robot.

What should be the focus is tolerance for another point of view.

If a guy who had early on been exposed to expressive racism wants to speak out, as an American it's your job to not over react. Take a second listen and then suggest they try and find another way.

For instance Malcom Jenkins raises his fist and a white team mate from Charlottesville pits his arm around him...

Those guys get offended you lump them in and disregard the actual protest. Which is policing in the US needs major reforms.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I think it is dumb too.. the difference is I don't care and pretend I am upset about it.

I dislike that they use their professional venue to do it. It is also funny how they are themselves an entitled group but feel the need to protest some cause in front of a wide range of people who all paid money.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

No your right. Am on a phone in between things. My mistake.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

how is taking a knee disrespectful, tho?

do you really think their intention was to disrespect veterans?

link   

How are they entitled? By being the best and working the hardest at what they do?

Incredibly mixed message and I believe it to be of ignorance.

link   

The crowd paid money to see a football game. Most of those people are at the concession stand during the Anthem.

What's the problem again with 1.5 minutes while most folks aren't even in the seats yet?

link   

A professional means they have a career...didn't you say these guys just have great physiques?

Couldn't anyone with good genes play football? You just pump some iron and sign up right?

Lol what the hell are you talking about....

Can you please tell me where you are going with this other than just rambling..

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nmaben

That may be why YOU are upset, but it isn't why all the fans are upset. If it makes you upset, then do what you said and don't watch anymore. Though you allude back to the military as another reason as to why you are upset, so clearly your first sentence wasn't entirely accurate either. I'm sorry to hear about your lost comrades, but this country and what you fought for is more than just a flag and an anthem. I would hope you of all people understood something like that. You certainly suggest as much when you talk about being ok with flag burning. Kneeling during the anthem is the same level of protest as flag burning.

You don't have to like these people or their actions. I'm not asking you to at least; all I want is acknowledgement that they have the right to do so and not even the President is allowed to stop them.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Striking outside the building you work is "not at work"?

No you are not at work being paid...you are outside not being paid... lol dude...

Semantics. Being paid or not is besides the point. You are still at your place of work protesting.

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join