It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Then clearly you didn't read the chats that were had by the rally's organizers. Even if you could prove that Spencer is some super-secret, deep cover, Leftist, the fact remains that this rally was organized by more than just him. And many of the others that helped plan the event represented white supremacist groups.

And let's not forget that they even talked about running down protesters with a car and then when it happened it was celebrated.
edit on 9/26/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Wow. You can't even answer who Trump was harsher with? And you're seemingly blaming the American victims who were run down? Just wow.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

Yep there it is again that pesky little word...SHOULD. It states SHOULD (giving them an option) and does not state has to or else.

The question was should people watching TV stand and the code says only those present. In technical terms Will and Shall are binding and mandatory, should is more "used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness."

In this case you have processionals at work and that is not a place to protest. These are millionaires protesting too, so give me a break...lol Go protest at your job and see how long it takes HR to get involved.

edit on 26-9-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Wow. You can't even answer who Trump was harsher with? And you're seemingly blaming the American victims who were run down? Just wow.

I can he said racism is evil to which I agree. So he was a lot harsher over that then the NFL. He has yet to call them evil and we'll if he did I would have a problem with that as I see it as more misguided

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Yep there it is again that pesky little word...SHOULD. It states SHOULD (giving them an option) and does not state has to or else.

The question was should people watching TV stand and the code says only those present. In technical terms Will and Shall are binding and mandatory, should is more "used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness."

In this case you have processionals at work and that is not a place to protest. These are millionaires protesting too, so give me a break...lol Go protest at your job and see how long it takes HR to get involved.

You're still pushing this? The US Code that talks about our national tree and flower too?

How many Americans stand in their homes to honor the flag because they are patriotic Americans?

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Do you think if the owner was out with you protesting you may be ok?

Lol,

By the way these millionaires for the most part are the type of people who pulled themselves up out of nothing.

It's hilarious when conservatives mock them.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

No.

But keep up with the mental gymnastics, it's kinda telling.

When one is more concerned with defending Nazism as opposed to defending the Constitutional rights to a peaceful protest.... I don't know, something doesn't seem right.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I'll repeat.

Has Trump been harsher with the NFL players or with the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville who ran over 19 or so Americans, killing one?

Which one did he immediately say should be fired, boycotted, and were "sons of b_tches"?

And which one did he have to be pressured into fully denouncing?

They had a permit the organizer was a leftist who invited a few nazis along with the rest to stain the right.

The police seemingly stood down suppossedly on orders from a leftist and later pushed the right through an angry mob. Again the problem here is the left that tried to start a fire and got one.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a lot of this is quite possibly not rooted in y'know, facts.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

No.

But keep up with the mental gymnastics, it's kinda telling.

When one is more concerned with defending Nazism as opposed to defending the Constitutional rights to a peaceful protest.... I don't know, something doesn't seem right.

But when the PRESIDENT does it!

It is a crazy sign of our times.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Okay, I'll do it tomorrow morning.

I'll take a knee for three minutes just to trigger as many Constituion hating freaks as I can.

My boss will probably say something like "on your knees to suck the big one for today?," or something stupid along those lines.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

SO you don't stand and honor the Anthem in your home?

You are certainly virtually present.

Besides ... are you honoring our flag or obeying the law?

virtually present...lol

The bottom line is you do not protest as a professional while you are working, and surly not while people pay to see you perform. You can protest all you want off the field. That is the real issue here...

If I protest at work I would get fired...plain and simple...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

SO you don't stand and honor the Anthem in your home?

You are certainly virtually present.

Besides ... are you honoring our flag or obeying the law?

virtually present...lol

The bottom line is you do not protest as a professional while you are working, and surly not while people pay to see you perform. You can protest all you want off the field. That is the real issue here...

If I protest at work I would get fired...plain and simple...

So you have to be told by law to honor the flag?

Wow.

The bottom line is that you cannot equate a professional football team to your office or any office environment; it's absurd.

Second, if you wanted to protest, and your employer permitted it and I, a person not associated with your office, wanted to complain about it, what would you tell me?

Mind my own business?

Good advice.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Says who? Haven't you ever heard of a strike before?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Do people pay to see them stand for the national anthem? That's not part of their job either.

Image is part of their job don't you think? They are required to hold up a Certain image in all sports...It is part of the job. They are not sitting because they feel like sitting they are doing for some ideology, and that is something I am not paying to see...

They can wiggle their butts one too many times in the end zone and get 50k fine...they are at work and should maintain the image they are expected to uphold.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Does anyone remember where the switch happened that conservatives starting making fun of millionaires and making statements that the wealthy shouldn't have a say in social issues?

Or that when they rail on blacks need to do more for themselves and then do still find a way to belittle them?

I though picking yourself up from the mud and making something of yourself was a positive thing?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Apparently, since the NFL Commissioner and the Team Owners agree with them, they're not causing any trouble at work.

So why do you have a problem with it again? How does it affect you?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Does anyone remember where the switch happened that conservatives starting making fun of millionaires and making statements that the wealthy shouldn't have a say in social issues?

Or that when they rail on blacks need to do more for themselves and then do still find a way to belittle them?

I though picking yourself up from the mud and making something of yourself was a positive thing?

It's only a "certain kind" of millionaire. Luth.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Do you think if the owner was out with you protesting you may be ok?

Lol,

By the way these millionaires for the most part are the type of people who pulled themselves up out of nothing.

It's hilarious when conservatives mock them.

Pull yourself out of nothing is having a startup or getting a stem degree, not being picked for naturally good body and athletic ability
edit on 26-9-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Lol. You know nothing about it

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Double.
edit on 26-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join