It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Recently they did it because Trump made a big stink and singled out the NFL over the weekend for no reason whatsoever.

So they were upset that Trump used time in the spotlight to speak an opinion? Gosh, hypocrite much?

I wouldn't say it was for 'no reason' - viewership is going down, and many people are tired of the PC infestation of a national past-time. Trump was elected in part because he says things out loud that many people are thinking. So he said things that he was thinking. An now highly-paid athletes who have been monetarily penalized for insulting referees and wearing the wrong headphones are losing their minds.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I've not heard people say "they are rich so shut up," but I have heard people say they are "rich and therefore detached from reality and have no idea what they are complaining about."

They are at work when they are on the field, under contract and expected to deliver a specific product and service. That is not the time to be protesting. How would your boss feel if you decided to get political on their dime?

Irrelevant. The players' bosses have already expressed support for their actions. So comparing their actions to another place of employment's policies is meaningless. You and I aren't the players' bosses. The owners, managers, and coaches are. They are all standing with the players.

Furthermore, they still play the game of football after the Anthem ends. You still get your money's worth with a full game of competitive, professional football.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

...because he says things out loud that many people are thinking.

Like Howard Stern?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Recently they did it because Trump made a big stink and singled out the NFL over the weekend for no reason whatsoever.

So they were upset that Trump used time in the spotlight to speak an opinion? Gosh, hypocrite much?

What's hypocritical about lashing out at someone who attacked you for no reason? When people attack me, I get mad and attack back. Just like everyone else.

I wouldn't say it was for 'no reason' - viewership is going down, and many people are tired of the PC infestation of a national past-time. Trump was elected in part because he says things out loud that many people are thinking. So he said things that he was thinking. An now highly-paid athletes who have been monetarily penalized for insulting referees and wearing the wrong headphones are losing their minds.

Trump politicized an issue that had no business being politicized. He is a moron for what he did. There is no reason we even needed to be having this conversation, but he had to open his stupid mouth. Now people like yourself are wondering why football is politicized while ironically defending the very man who started this idiocy.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: enlightenedservant

BLM killed a couple of police officers as well.

By kneeling, you're showing your support to them, right?

And genocide, obviously.

#Spin-Bender

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones kneels with Dallas players before anthem in Arizona
See. The owners are standing with the teams.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I was kind of hoping his knee would give out when he tried to stand back up because: Jerry Jones.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

So they took a knee *before* the anthem, then stood for the anthem itself. That actually sounds like a good compromise.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Tactical facepalm. I love it!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Yes or no. Has Trump been harsher with the NFL players or with the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville who ran over 19 or so Americans, killing one? Which one did he immediately say should be fired, boycotted, and were "sons of b_tches"? And which one did he have to be pressured into fully denouncing?

When your "side" does something wrong, it's "both sides" who are to blame. But when the other "side" does something wrong, it's always 100% the fault of the other "side".
edit on 26-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: LOL My 1st question wasn't really set up for a "true" or "false" answer. (tactical facepalm aimed at myself)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesilver

originally posted by: Jersey Devil
a reply to: SudoNim

I completely understand Kaepernicks want to protest and respect his God given right to do so in this country. HOWEVER, everyone choosing to kneel during our National anthem and not recognize our flag during it has chosen the WRONG form of protest. Instead they should have been more like Dr King and organize, hold a peaceful rally, educate, be active to your concerns. But no, they took the 1 symbol, the 1 single thing that unites us all despite our differences, and unites us all as 1 AMERICANS and choose to disrespect that symbol and use it as a wedge to divide us rather than unite us under it. Whether they believe it or not they do disrespect those that have bled, fought and sacrificed for their damn right. Remember how proud you felt after 9/11 when we saw no race, no color, no difference? we were all 1, just Americans united proud to see that flag raised from the ashes. But no now they use that symbol to divide us. Again they have the right but didnt think it through and its doing the oposite of their intentions.... Or IS it???? lol did Soros organize this evil plan???? da da da dahhhhh....

Perhaps the point is that while you feel that you have a unified country, others do not. So, the way that echoes this most is by doing what they are doing.

This whole disrespecting the fallen keeps being brought up, but when you have actual serving and ex serving soldiers saying that they don't consider it an affront when they kneel, I'm not sure why you feel so right. The flag and anthem are symbols for justice and equality and freedom. They are not solely a military construct. Repeatedly saying it is an affront to the fallen is not just inaccurate, but it is just being inflammatory and based on untruths. As I said before, if serving and ex-serving military say they have no problem with it, I don't see how people (especially non-serving soldiers) can repeatedly say it is.

So they are protesting the ideals of justice, equality and freedom?

Seriously? You actually made a conscious decision to ask that question? You actually thought that was the point being made? You have literally just harpooned your own credibility of being able to have a grown up conversation in one sentence.

Ok, just for you. No, they are not protesting against those things, they are highlighting the fact they don't believe they have those things. Feel free to ask more questions....

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

So they took a knee *before* the anthem, then stood for the anthem itself. That actually sounds like a good compromise.

Not according to some of the fans at the stadium. The article mentions that many fans booed them.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Cowboys did it right they took a knee before the anthem. Then when it started they stood up and showed respect to the country. Their my team I won't lie but had they kept a knee that would gave been the last time I supported them.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Not according to some of the fans at the stadium. The article mentions that many fans booed them.

They booed because they thought Dallas was going to keep a knee for the anthem. Not realizing they didn't intend to to disrespect the flag.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: neutronflux

Yes or no. Has Trump been harsher with the NFL players or with the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville who ran over 19 or so Americans, killing one? Which one did he immediately say should be fired, boycotted, and were "sons of b_tches"? And which one did he have to be pressured into fully denouncing?

When your "side" does something wrong, it's "both sides" who are to blame. But when the other "side" does something wrong, it's always 100% the fault of the other "side".

The liberal mayor seemingly had police stand down to escalate. Those people had no permit to be there. And while Ive not verified rumor is an angry mob was chasing and started attacking the car causing the panic.

Still if youre going to come in masks with weapons throwing feces and urine dont be surprised if your side gets hurt especially if police stand down and later force those with a permit through an angry mob to get out.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t>>> Its just that what the players are protesting makes them look not only like spoiled ingrates and whiny children, they also look like morons. And as sports fans, if we are subjected to seeing guys who are paid to play a game( and paid absurdly well) and to entertain us and they make ignorant protests, we have a right to be mad. Maybe its patriotic, but its inarguably IDIOTIC on their part.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

I never said you didn't have the right to be mad. I said you don't have the right to deprive them of their right to protest their feelings.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

So you think that throwing feces and urine is comparable to running 19 people over and killing one with a car?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So I've fought for the flag, defended it, and understand its meaning very well. So don't try to pull any crap about me not understanding what the flag stands for.

You fought for the Military industrial Corporation under the Oligarchy in the land of Corporatocracy. Those are the "American Interests" you fought for.

But all that 'crap' aside, you really fought for your buddies...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Being brainwashed with the pledge of allegiance from a young age will do this to people.

It’s the equivalent of a religion being indoctrinated into a child’s mind from birth.
I include Islam in that for all the smart arses that were about to star whore because of my Faith.

At the end of the day, if you place a piece of fabric, or a chant before Humanity, you’re a weirdo of the highest degree.

Now all the armchair pundits will chastise you or deny that you served, because they have nothing else to fall back on in their brainwashed states.

Which is what the pledge was designed to do. It's purpose was to separate out god fearing Americans from the godless communists.

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join