It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Could you please point out where in the constitution it states the POTUSA forfeits his or her right to free speech and to do so whenever or wherever they feel like it.

Did I say he didn't have a right to spout his politically driven nonsense at a political rally? Did you read the post I replied to?

No, I didn't say that. I said that he is the one who turned the silent protests of a few into a shouted political toy in order to satisfy his political base.

Clear now?

edit on 9/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance
How about all the suppression on the US college campuses? How about the US citizen's right to free speech? How about a free market within the US with no bureaucracy so the every-man can earn some money when he needs to?

That poster I replied to was referring to showing respect to the founding fathers, yet all around us, and I mean ALL around us the founding fathers are being pissed on. By their sons.

1) Patriotism is a tool of control.

2) 99% of members here are now total sheep

3) Carry on your little tit for tat MSM fuelled arguments, it's exactly what they want.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
Football should not be about politics.

Forcing your employees to pledge to a flag/country makes it political.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for.

Are you sure its that reason and that resaon alone?

You sure they were not knealing before the NWO or the countires owners, the Bankers?

The dutch finaical system whistleblower Roland Burtran said recently, that 8,000, to 8,500 people run the wrold and 6 individuals own more wealth than the rest of humanity.

In light of this sort of thing what is there to bow down to in Americia accpet its owners? Fair enough if it was what the countries founding fathers fought for but does it even exist today?? How can one be certain until one looks at it from the point of view of any apparent sysmbolism.

I see these things in my country too and politiicans make fancy speeches in which just about every message they are sending could be mean different things to different parties. Eg; "build a better world" - sounds great but what is their idea of a better world? It might just mean a world without you and me in it.

Sometimes things can be taken two ways and the intended meaning is not always cut and dried.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Rather odd that the players are protesting against oppression when not a single one of them are actually oppressed...isn't that rather counter intuitive against the whole thing. A bunch of multi millionaires protesting about being oppressed. Not too mention I've not heard a single whisper about black on black crime....

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
While I respect and admire all the soldiers that truly believed they were fighting for a good cause(although I believe most of it is pure lies by our government/powers that truly be), I cannot for the life of me see how this topic, this ridiculous drama that shouldn't even be a momentary thought on the brains of anyone living in this supposed country, is all over every bit of social media, including here.

For one, like the OP and others have said, the "freedoms" are there to be free. Not to be judged on one's opinion on whether to support the government or not. Patriotism and Nationalism are 2 distinctly different ideals and our public has clearly been educated away from understanding this. Our forefathers WANTED us to be wary of our government and that's why they installed many, now mostly obsolete ways of keeping government's power down.

Mostly, however, I view this activity with incredulation as I have witnessed this entire nation turn away from truths about the CIA spying on the entire population, the U.S./ISIS connections, the economic state of perilous doom, the clearly intended division spreading across the country, the destruction of education and everything to do with the elite/Central Banks/etc. and so much more. And it's THIS - this teensy act of one man's personal decision at a ridiculous sports game that causes the entire country to bicker and bark with concern, rage and horror.

And even here, on what is supposed to be an intelligent site that exposes and questions all the events succumbs to the display of idiocy that this topic represents. If this is the best we can do, if this is what triggers the majority, then we're already screwed when the real stuff goes down.

edit on 26-9-2017 by gottaknow because: fixed initial sentence adding "is all over every bit of social media, including here."

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Really wish you would answer this.

Say you find yourself in another country at a sporting event and they play their national anthem. are you going to stand? If so why?

Would you and stand and I am 100% sure you would and why? Is it because you respect their flag so much or is it because you just dont want to be disrespectful to the people that do?

Other countries like the UK don't ram anthems down their citizens throats and demand they stand.

No-one here would give a sh1t if a tourist didn't stand during our anthem since we don't usually play it at every sporting event because we aren't insecure over-patriotic douchebags.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: w810i
Rather odd that the players are protesting against oppression when not a single one of them are actually oppressed...isn't that rather counter intuitive against the whole thing. A bunch of multi millionaires protesting about being oppressed. Not too mention I've not heard a single whisper about black on black crime....

You've completely missed the point.

Are you only allowed to protest something that affects you directly?
Would you oppose racism even if it doesn't directly affect you?

How is it counter intuitive? Please explain that.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
For anyone thats interested you can Google senator Jeff Flake's report that details DoD funding being channeled into sports to promote 'displays of patriotism'. Maybe everybody should be taking a knee.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

I completely understand Kaepernicks want to protest and respect his God given right to do so in this country. HOWEVER, everyone choosing to kneel during our National anthem and not recognize our flag during it has chosen the WRONG form of protest. Instead they should have been more like Dr King and organize, hold a peaceful rally, educate, be active to your concerns. But no, they took the 1 symbol, the 1 single thing that unites us all despite our differences, and unites us all as 1 AMERICANS and choose to disrespect that symbol and use it as a wedge to divide us rather than unite us under it. Whether they believe it or not they do disrespect those that have bled, fought and sacrificed for their damn right. Remember how proud you felt after 9/11 when we saw no race, no color, no difference? we were all 1, just Americans united proud to see that flag raised from the ashes. But no now they use that symbol to divide us. Again they have the right but didnt think it through and its doing the oposite of their intentions.... Or IS it???? lol did Soros organize this evil plan???? da da da dahhhhh....

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IRexxx
From my perspective, all the different protests regarding immigration, BLM, the $15 minimum wage, gay rights, etc., are not serving to educate and unify but, rather, to further divide our country.

We are descending into soft anarchy because everyone thinks the US is Burger King.

All these disparate groups want it their way, right away. That is not how society works.

Morgan Freeman was asked by Mike Wallace how we can stop racism.

His reply? "Stop talking about it."

Stop using divisive language to describe people.

When we stop using all labels, they lose their power to offend.

So you think that protests and talking about inequality and a decent minimum wage are divisive and need to stop? Wow, that's an interesting point of view.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jersey Devil
a reply to: SudoNim

I completely understand Kaepernicks want to protest and respect his God given right to do so in this country. HOWEVER, everyone choosing to kneel during our National anthem and not recognize our flag during it has chosen the WRONG form of protest. Instead they should have been more like Dr King and organize, hold a peaceful rally, educate, be active to your concerns. But no, they took the 1 symbol, the 1 single thing that unites us all despite our differences, and unites us all as 1 AMERICANS and choose to disrespect that symbol and use it as a wedge to divide us rather than unite us under it. Whether they believe it or not they do disrespect those that have bled, fought and sacrificed for their damn right. Remember how proud you felt after 9/11 when we saw no race, no color, no difference? we were all 1, just Americans united proud to see that flag raised from the ashes. But no now they use that symbol to divide us. Again they have the right but didnt think it through and its doing the oposite of their intentions.... Or IS it???? lol did Soros organize this evil plan???? da da da dahhhhh....

Perhaps the point is that while you feel that you have a unified country, others do not. So, the way that echoes this most is by doing what they are doing.

This whole disrespecting the fallen keeps being brought up, but when you have actual serving and ex serving soldiers saying that they don't consider it an affront when they kneel, I'm not sure why you feel so right. The flag and anthem are symbols for justice and equality and freedom. They are not solely a military construct. Repeatedly saying it is an affront to the fallen is not just inaccurate, but it is just being inflammatory and based on untruths. As I said before, if serving and ex-serving military say they have no problem with it, I don't see how people (especially non-serving soldiers) can repeatedly say it is.
edit on 26-9-2017 by bluesilver because: No reason given

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Sure, it´s like burning the flag and then say it´s because of racism.

So, why not make apoo in the whitehouse garden? For racism of course.

Point a laser at AF1, for racism.

For racism anything can be done.

People desperate in Puerto Rico, no water no food, and those crooks don´t kneel for them, Venezuelan woman prostituting in Colombia to put food inthe table and those crooks don´t kneel for them (just to mention the last two headlines I read this morning.)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
There are so many times where the same thing is being raised.

1. They are rich so why are they protesting.

So, what difference does being wealthy or not have in being able to protest? Are you only allowed to protest if it directly affects you rather than your fellow man? Or are you saying that your 1st Amendment does not include this right if you earn over a certain amount or if you are not directly affected? No. So why keep bring it up?

2. It offends the fallen.

Does it? How? The flag represent many things, such as freedom, equality and justice and while it is used by the military, it doesn't specifically and solely represent the military. All kinds of people/groups sing it. So saying that it disrespects the fallen is totally inaccurate and deliberately inflammatory. Plus you have serving and ex-serving soldiers saying that they don't feel that they are disrespecting anyone. So why on earth do you?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesilver

originally posted by: IRexxx
From my perspective, all the different protests regarding immigration, BLM, the $15 minimum wage, gay rights, etc., are not serving to educate and unify but, rather, to further divide our country.

We are descending into soft anarchy because everyone thinks the US is Burger King.

All these disparate groups want it their way, right away. That is not how society works.

Morgan Freeman was asked by Mike Wallace how we can stop racism.

His reply? "Stop talking about it."

Stop using divisive language to describe people.

When we stop using all labels, they lose their power to offend.

So you think that protests and talking about inequality and a decent minimum wage are divisive and need to stop? Wow, that's an interesting point of view.

inequality and a decent minimum wage are a problem common to every race, every creed, every gender. We can all fight for that and for many other things.

As to racism MF is completely right. SHUT UP!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Nationalism will get you killed, probably violently, and that's no problem if your eyes are all hazy for your country (on the U.S. model, it stands for nothing more than dollars and conquest for the few anyway), but the other problem is that it also gets innocent people killed.

What a statement.... If you are not "Nationalist", which some of you are proclaiming to be a terrible thing. You would not care what terrible things may befall your nation.... because you are not a "Nationalist". Invasion is ok, because there shouldn't be borders anyways.

1's and 0's, either Nationalism is good or it is bad. You dont get to have it both ways and say that your version of Nationalism is ok and others is unacceptable. If you would have a problem with China or somebody invading American soil and imposing their way of life on you..... you are a nationalist. albeit to a lesser degree than others may be.... but you still have a reason to stand for the National Anthem.

The National Anthem is a reminder that this Nation was a few cannon shots away from ceasing to exist. That we, every single one of us, be you the son of a farmer or a soldier....... or even the descendant of a slave... are lucky that there is a "Here", to be in.

You people obsessed with slavery need to stop dwelling. If America would have lost the war God knows when slavery would have ended. England had slaves working here for hundreds of years and it wasnt until America won it's freedom that the first states were able to ban slavery....... On day one, 5 states outlawed slavery and that is a reason for you to honor your country by standing...... Take your " I was a Slave" and white people are bad and stick it. GO learn some history..... go learn how many captured slave ships ended up in the U.S. Navy..... that is why you stand your black butt up when you hear the Anthem. Those white folks you from days of old, those damn Republicans ...... they were working hard to make Make America Great.....and the democrats fought them all the way, tooth and nail with everything they had..... took a Civil War.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Some CEO's make way much more than they should and don't give back to their community., They outsourced jobs that could be done by AMERICANS. When will you hold THEM accountable??

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's definitely eye opening. It wasn't too long ago when the mere mention of Nazis invalidated an argument. But after the Nazis and their real life sympathizers started coming out of the woodwork, it appears that a lot of the previous Nazi talk had some truth to it. I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately, but this is all so surreal.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Jersey Devil

First off I didn't feel sh1t after 9/11.

And now all I see is brainwashed Americans with a flag fetish.
That one symbol of freedom... yet you are crying about people expressing their freedom to show. Everyone MUST show their respect in the EXACT SAME way OR ELSE!

How free is that? If it were me, I wouldn't stand... I would respect the moment everyone is taking and be silent during it. But forcing people to stand while you get teary eye'd over a piece of nothing is BS.

Who are you to choose how someone should show respect? Are they screaming and shouting during the national anthem? No?

Or are they silently displaying that although they respect the flag, what it stands for and the others who want to stand during the anthem... everything is not right in America. There are issues being ignored and its taken a stance like this for people to actually wake up.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual

Sure, it´s like burning the flag and then say it´s because of racism.

So, why not make apoo in the whitehouse garden? For racism of course.

Point a laser at AF1, for racism.

For racism anything can be done.

People desperate in Puerto Rico, no water no food, and those crooks don´t kneel for them, Venezuelan woman prostituting in Colombia to put food inthe table and those crooks don´t kneel for them (just to mention the last two headlines I read this morning.)

...because some of those forms of protest are illegal.
Is it illegal to kneel when the anthem is playing?

So your argument is that one issue isn't important because there are plenty of other issues. Surely taking a stance on one issue is better than blindly ignoring them and chest pumping your flag and then moaning about others who aren't as naive as you.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join