It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

One thing i know for sure: no one has ever sacrificed anything for one man to habe the right to see another stand.

Its utterly ludicrous.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I am familiar with proper behavior regarding the flag. I even try to make sure it hangs properly with respect to the direction of my street per flag code. I do not use it as clothing, or anything else other than a flag. I do not hang fringe on its borders. I do not allow other flags to fly higher. It never touches the ground and is folded properly when not displayed.

The fact that so many people dishonor and disrespect the flag on a daily basis is only proof of the fact that it is losing its strength and we are losing freedom because of it. People have lost respect for the flag, what it stands for, and the people who fought for it. We all lose when that happens. Every one of us.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Controversial protests are the best kind because it gets people talking about the issue. They aren't meant to unite. They are meant to spur discussion and action.

This is the problem though, these guys have no idea what they are protesting. I have yet to hear any of them articulate a valid reason for what kneeling at the anthem actually represents.

Are they saying they aren't free? Are they not brave? Can they not see the banner by the dawn's first light?

Someone, help me out.

Note - I'm not a huge flag defender. I don't swear an oath to a piece of fabric. I pledge allegiance to the Constitution and the Republic.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Controversial protests are the best kind because it gets people talking about the issue. They aren't meant to unite. They are meant to spur discussion and action.

This is the problem though, these guys have no idea what they are protesting. I have yet to hear any of them articulate a valid reason for what kneeling at the anthem actually represents.

Are they saying they aren't free? Are they not brave? Can they not see the banner by the dawn's first light?

Someone, help me out.

Note - I'm not a huge flag defender. I don't swear an oath to a piece of fabric. I pledge allegiance to the Constitution and the Republic.

“I can’t stand and support something where our leader of this country is just acting like a jerk, you know, angry and upset about N.F.L. players protesting in a peaceful manner,” McCoy said.

One of the most valid reasons for protesting that I've ever heard.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

But, still, the players cannot be forced to stand for the National Anthem as long as some states in the NFL deem it illegal to make policies forcing them to do so.

I agree, they cant be forced to stand, but they should be forced to stop the protesting during the anthem.

Do it on their own time. I don't understand why anybody thinks it is ok for these players to use the NFL stage to protest.
Just play the damn game and have fun. Sporting events are so posed to be a neutral venue.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Fake protest. These fools started by Kaepenik during Obama. So stop blaming Trump. Just another excuse for liberals to loose their sh!t.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: staticfl

It looks like more than liberals loosing their #....like the people going nuts over the "liberals losing their #"

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

But, still, the players cannot be forced to stand for the National Anthem as long as some states in the NFL deem it illegal to make policies forcing them to do so.

I agree, they cant be forced to stand, but they should be forced to stop the protesting during the anthem.

Do it on their own time. I don't understand why anybody thinks it is ok for these players to use the NFL stage to protest.
Just play the damn game and have fun. Sporting events are so posed to be a neutral venue.

No. They can't be forced to stand on anyone's time by Trump. And that is what he is attempting to do...force them or suggest they be fired -- from the position of POTUS.

It's unconstitutional.

If you think Trump can suggest your employer force you to stand in reverence to a flag of any nation or cause, you are selling yourself short and forking over your rights.

If the NFL wants to (or has agreed to) play the National Anthem, fine. But they cannot compel people to stand for it. Not in the stands, not on the teams. Some states don't allow such policies,so it would be unfair to compel some employees, but not others.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl

Fake protest. These fools started by Kaepenik during Obama. So stop blaming Trump. Just another excuse for liberals to loose their sh!t.

Colin Kaepernick plays for the 49ers, eh?

In particular, his state laws protect him from being discriminated against for his political actions and beliefs.

CHAPTER 5. Political Affiliations [1101 - 1106] ( Chapter 5 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )

No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy:

(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.

(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

Link

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: twohawks

And we have a right to not watch them, we also do not have
to pay for programming that carries the games.

Football is entertainment, when it is filled with
self serving "entitled" punks it has lost all value.

Watch what happens to the NFL, it is history unless
they correct this immediately.

The NFL will be fine.

It's good to know it wasn't the tax-exempt status or the tax-dollars used to build their stadiums that broke the camels back with people wanting the NFL to fail.

It was a mere minutes peaceful and silent protest.

Really says a lot about the state of America, if you ask me.
Not so sure it's just a few moments of protest being they want the NFL to declare the entire month of November to this cause. So wonderful they chose a month where people are also celebrating Thanksgiving. I don't watch football but If I did I'm sure I'd be sick of their protesting.
edit on 25-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Tell me more about what our Founding Fathers fought for because I'm an idiot. Thanks for talking down to me. As a Veteran, and surely not the only one here, it's pisses me off when people go on their history lessons as if no one else knows how our Constitution and/or Bill of Rights work and what our Founders wanted this country to be. This just in! They also fought for my right to disagree with these protestors and not give them anymore of my money and support. What they do is divisive. Our Founders wanted us unified with common morales and values as well. That's what helps make our freedom work and keep us unified and civilized. It made us responsible adults. Sadly, through the last 100 years, we've blown that off and assumed freedom means we can do whatever we want without consequences and anyone who tells us otherwise is a horrible racist, Nazi, white nationalist member of the KKK. At the end of this all, we'll get what we deserve and no one will care until it's too late......

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Someone, help me out.

“I can’t stand and support something where our leader of this country is just acting like a jerk, you know, angry and upset about N.F.L. players protesting in a peaceful manner,” McCoy said.

One of the most valid reasons for protesting that I've ever heard.

So the Star Spangled Banner is about Trump? Or are some football players just butthurt because Trump said mean things?

Because *any amateur* lipreader can tell you that football players call each other much worse names than 'son of a bitch' on the playing field. Sorry, that turd don't shine.

Plus, Trump didn't say anything before this weekend. What were the excuses beforehand?
edit on 25-9-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

If the NFL wants to (or has agreed to) play the National Anthem, fine. But they cannot compel people to stand for it.

Again, i get it and i agree, stand or don't stand whatever....the protesting is the issue.

They are not just protesting during a past time, they are doing it during the country's national anthem!

So wrong... and it's sad that a lot of people are ok with this and defending these players.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Unnecessary exposition was unnecessary. I knew what you meant, I simply disagreed with you in a snarky manner.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
PJW nails it, as usual.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I agree that it's their right to free speech, but I find it ironic that they are protesting a country (the flag) that represents the idealisms that allows them to protest.

Seems misdirected.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Someone, help me out.

I thought about it a bit more. I think it's the usual crowd trying to change everything and replace it with something else.
Destroying culture and traditions.

If they were protesting about people being shot in the streets by Police, then they could join protests any other time.
They could Tweet a statement at any time, send Emails, write to newspaper editors, start a protest march. Get someone to write a statement and have everyone on the team, sign it, and have it published by newspapers.

But the one and only thing they do is not to stand for the National Anthem and "take a knee" instead. So to their audience they are disrespecting the flag.

People are canceling their cable subscriptions because they are fed up of the political agendas being forced on them by Hollywood in every movie and now in sports.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Not honoring the men and women draped in a coffin with the American flag is a country utterly sick with greed and selfishness and ignorance at the absolute worst.
The corporations are destroying the country and ruining the understanding of what a real Union is.The Unions are just as guilty as the corporations for allowing it.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

They are protesting for the right of people to be able to use violence or aggressive behavior against law enforcement officers without getting shot. They are protesting for the right to be able to raise your station in life even if you are a disrespectful, hateful, and arrogant person. They are protesting for the right to be able to be rewarded by society for things they have never done. They are protesting for the right for people who commit crimes to only get a slap on the wrist instead of having to go to prison. They are protesting for the right to not be discriminated against due to a person's lack of character or integrity. To sum it up, they are protesting for the right to not be judged by the content of their character and have respect that they have not earned. AND, when I say "they" I mean individuals of any race because that's basically what is being asked for. I'm a person of mixed race myself, but after all the opinions I've read, I still do not understand how protesting for the above rights is considered noble, and I say this with complete sincerity. As for the op, defending your bias with your military service does not make your opinion an ultimate authority. I thank you for your military service and respect your opinion, but it still is just an opinion.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Right. They try to take each other's head off on the field, but turn into snowflakes when the President of their country admonishes them. Most illogical.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join