It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

And we have a right to not watch them, we also do not have
to pay for programming that carries the games.

Football is entertainment, when it is filled with
self serving "entitled" punks it has lost all value.

Watch what happens to the NFL, it is history unless
they correct this immediately.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Most vets Ive spoken to have echoed the same - something along the lines of - " Id never kneel, but I fought to protect all brothers and sisters of this nations right to kneel when they damn well please"
Fine kneel on your own time-the players are on the job clock-they can do what they want but can also be fired for it. Do what you damn well please =the paying customers don't want to see it. "Most vets have echoed the same" i don't believe that for a minute- This vet doesn't

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: twohawks

And we have a right to not watch them, we also do not have
to pay for programming that carries the games.

Football is entertainment, when it is filled with
self serving "entitled" punks it has lost all value.

Watch what happens to the NFL, it is history unless
they correct this immediately.

The NFL will be fine.

It's good to know it wasn't the tax-exempt status or the tax-dollars used to build their stadiums that broke the camels back with people wanting the NFL to fail.

It was a mere minutes peaceful and silent protest.

Really says a lot about the state of America, if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It's nothing more than AstroTurf.
This is not genuine in any way...

Only time will tell if the NFL can recover from this,
I predict certain players will take big hits in popularity.

They are not much more than paid actors anyways.
When the luster wears off, it is ugly.

Agree with post above Paying Customers don't want to see it.

Aren't we up to here in politics already?

edit on 25-9-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
More fake outrage for something ordinarily, people honestly don't pay much attention to.

Also the athletes are not "disrespecting" our flag, and certainly not soldiers who have served. That's the last thing in their mind. People just paint it that way so they have a reason to act so enraged about it. Just because -you- interpret it that way doesn't make it true. It's also pretty funny how this has been a thing.. but not much of one, especially over the last year, but now since Trump has mentioned it.. it's a HUUUGE deal. People burning hats.. selling season tickets. It's comedy gold.

"I'm going to burn a hat I already paid for to stick it to the man!"

It's pretty funny.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm gonna honor the Founding Fathers by pissing off the government.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The NFL will recover from this?

Did the NFL stop broadcasting its games or something like that?

Because when it comes to American societal events, I'm certainly concerned about the popularity of athletes. (I'm most definitely not)

The NFL will be fine, here in a few short months, people will be saying "Colin who?," will be buying their children their favorite athletes jersey, and they'll still be having SuperBowl parties.

The American populace not only has an attention span of a goldfish, but also suffers from collective amnesia. They'll soon forget, and the NFL will be fine.

Not that I necessarily care, anyway, the NFL is stupid. For such a "manly," sport - they have the most sissy pop-artist garbage artists imagine sing in their halftime shows.

I'd rather a sport that resembles the Colosseum with gladiator battles to the death. In the world we live in, I GUARANTEE people would sign themselves up for it. Oh, and make child molesters, murderers, and the likes forced to participate in it.

Sounds better than the NFL.

ETA: If you're sick of the political rhetoric, thank Donald Trump for making the NFL political. Pretty sure athletes weren't protesting opening weekend, were they?

So then, what's changed since then? Donald Trump beating a dead horse to distract from the bluster that is the failed GOP repeal/replace.
edit on 25-9-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Because when it comes to American societal events, I'm certainly concerned about the popularity of athletes. (I'm most definitely not)

I personally have more important things to do than worry about then the NFL, like trying to figure out what kind of cocktail I want on Friday and figuring out at what place I want to dine out. These are serious priorities.

edit on 25-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Not to derail this thread and change subjects but I think Trump does these kind of things keep the focus from his ongoing Russia probe.

...so he's trying to keep the country from being bored to tears as that probe drags on day after day, week after week, month after month and still has yet to find even a single compelling piece of information towards its stated purpose?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

The NFL will recover from this?

Did the NFL stop broadcasting its games or something like that?

The NFL will be fine, here in a few short months, people will be saying "Colin who?," will be buying their children their favorite athletes jersey, and they'll still be having SuperBowl parties.

The American populace not only has an attention span of a goldfish, but also suffers from collective amnesia. They'll soon forget, and the NFL will be fine.

Not that I necessarily care, anyway, the NFL is stupid. For such a "manly," sport - they have the most sissy pop-artist garbage artists imagine sing in their halftime shows.

I'd rather a sport that resembles the Colosseum with gladiator battles to the death. In the world we live in, I GUARANTEE people would sign themselves up for it. Oh, and make child molesters, murderers, and the likes forced to participate in it.

Sounds better than the NFL.

ETA: If you're sick of the political rhetoric, thank Donald Trump for making the NFL political. Pretty sure athletes weren't protesting opening weekend, were they?

So then, what's changed since then? Donald Trump beating a dead horse to distract from the bluster that is the failed GOP repeal/replace.

Kaep started this. Go to 3-4 games a year, there was nothing political about it until he kneeled. Yes, players were kneeling through this year.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I rarely agree with you on anything, but I'm with you 100% on this one.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

What all the NFL punks are forgetting is that they can't force people to
pay their salaries if people don't want to buy the product they are selling!

They aren't politicians with a four year term, lol.

P.S. Can't believe you fall for the political rhetoric that
this is somehow Trumps fault. Don't forget all,those RED
states that voted for him most likely most of those people
way before Trump came on the scene were sick of this
crap that started with Kap.

edit on 25-9-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm gonna honor the Founding Fathers by pissing off the government.

Seems to me the Founding Fathers would be laughing their asses off at these current pathetic millionaire crybabies who think true sacrifice for a cause is kneeling on a field they're about to play a game on and cash a 200K check afterwards for playing that game.

edit on 25-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Seems to me the Founding Fathers would be laughing their asses off at these current pathetic millionaire crybabies who think true sacrifice for a cause is kneeling.

I don't think they would give two s***s about them or the people upset about them.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorBreed

(Yawn...) My own family was a part of the Civil Rights Movement. Why do I need to read someone's book to "get myself history from a black author" when I can just talk to my relatives who were a part of that actual history? Didn't think that through too well, did you? Or are other people's books the only way you "get yourself some history" from black perspectives?

And it's quite telling that you think my comment is "very disappointing" but not Cliven Bundy's words or the link in that post that shows multiple conservatives who think black people had it better off during slavery. That alone tells me everything I need to know about you. Well, that and the fact that you opened a new account just to reply to my post. If my suspicions are correct, why don't you post this on your real account?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPitts

That's unfortunate. Those wonderful organizations really need to connect with guys like my son and veterans from Desert Storm to the present as well. Many veterans support the ideals of this country, including the 1st Amendment. There are feelings on all sides.

The Constitution and the 1st Amendment are integral and indivisible parts of what makes America what it is. Those ideals,
established in laws, must be honored beyond any tribute song we choose as a symbol. We, as citizens, must be allowed to express our grievances in peaceful protest. We have to be free to say no, what we are doing, is not ok, or not good enough yet, and this needs our government's understanding and involvement. If we aren't free to protest, we truly aren't America.

If we sacrifice what is our greatness for a symbol of our greatness, we have lost.

Yes, we know protest can make us uncomfortable, or even make us cringe in our soul, to see or hear it. It can literally suck, like Nazi suck.

But, it is in those times, when it is perhaps the most uncomfortable for us, that our core ideals must guide us.

Grievances must be heard, and hopefully addressed in partnership, wherever possible.

We have to BE America, to truly honor her.

Peace

And, thank you to all, for your service.

There are concerning times, for all of us.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think the two teams performing the protest in London would have pissed them off. Otherwise, I agree with you.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What did the kneeling start for? Because black men who were criminals resisted arrest or actually threatened an officer of the law. It started in Ferguson Missouri. First that kid was no kid and if so was a man child. Second just before the incident he strong armed an older asian gentleman and stole cigars. Third he charged at the car and tried to wrestle a gun from the officer. It was proven that no hands were raised and was a total fabrication. If those idiots kneel and blame Trump or the flag they are way off. What needs to be addressed is the continual abandonment of children by black men and no family units in a majority of the population. Don't blame whites or the government.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Being brainwashed with the pledge of allegiance from a young age will do this to people.

It’s the equivalent of a religion being indoctrinated into a child’s mind from birth.
I include Islam in that for all the smart arses that were about to star whore because of my Faith.

At the end of the day, if you place a piece of fabric, or a chant before Humanity, you’re a weirdo of the highest degree.

Now all the armchair pundits will chastise you or deny that you served, because they have nothing else to fall back on in their brainwashed states.
You are correct you have been brain washed -but you haven't realized it yet.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You're missing the point KS. I, too, am a vet who served multiple deployments and I take the honoring of the flag differently than you do.

It's NOT about the player's rights to protest. It's the fact the dumb asses choose to phuck up everyone's ability to enjoy a damn football game because they have the high and mighty attitude they are somehow making a statement by picking the most inappropriate time to protest.

The field is their office. They are paid to throw, catch, run, kick, block, tackle, and punt. NOT MAKE POLITICAL STATEMENTS during my time to enjoy a football game. Game time is their time to punch in and earn the millions they have signed for and it is MY TIME to enjoy a football game absent of politics.

By all means if they want to make a legitimate statement then they should band together and approach Washington in solidarity. Let their voices be heard. Create a call to action. Actually do something.

Their lazy ass attempt by simply taking a knee for a whopping 3-4 minutes is an insult to those that have legitimately protested something they feel strongly about. They are weak minded. They insult the millions of people who choose to honor the flag.

Your use of being a vet disturbs me. Just because you are a vet and have an opinion doesn't make it more insightful or carry any more meaning so don't pull that crap with me you somehow have greater insight than those who never served. I know plenty of upstanding Americans who never served who understand what patriotism means.

I, along with my brothers, CHOSE to serve my country as a professional soldier. Exceptionally well trained and exceptionally proud of what we accomplished. I have never asked nor would ever ask anyone to thank me for my service. It's what I wanted to do.

I am tired of the apologists who think just because we have a right to something we can make a poor decision to exercise that right at inappropriate times. Just because we have the right to free speech doesn't mean we can go into a crowded movie theater and yell fire. Same goes with being disrespectful to our flag. The flag represents much more than what you are belittling it to.

Sure there is no law stating someone cannot disrespect the flag and the anthem but there is a thing called common decency.

I am not impinging on their right to protest. I am, however, making it crystal clear they are going about it the wrong way with their lazy asses taking a knee.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join