It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So what happens next after everyone is kneeling and that is no longer cool?

Stand back up? Do pushups?

Just ban it altogether?

Kneeling is a sign of religious reverence to a king...interesting if it as you say.....it is not a protest at all but a sign that everything is ok.

They are subconsciously obeying the flag even MORE than before.

Trump is the rebel..liberals are NEVER anything but obedient to thinktanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The protesting is so watered down anyways. Multiple motives and a lot of following.

Validity is dropping rapidly.

I feel like the protest suddenly became extremely critical, relevant, and valid to all Americans who care about their freedoms.

More like critical, relevant and valid to false narratives.

It will be all bandwagon from here on out.

False? Ha. No.

Government officials need to keep their opinions to themselves with regard to free speech when they have the opinion that people should be punished for exercising their rights.

What does the government have to do with folks protesting to false narratives?

Referring to the multiple protest motives.

Nothing. That's why Trump should keep his mouth shut on this.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: notsure1

Sounds like a silly reason. Do it or else it is disrespectful. Why? You don't even sound like you know why we should respect it with that reasoning you gave me.

Why do we stand at all for it?

Because you’ve been indoctrinated to act in such a way since you before you could wipe your own arse.

Break the conditioning is my advice.

And follow the facebook crowd and everyone get on their knees?

Baaaaaaa...hate to break it to ya but it is all accomplishing nothing but the cool props from other leftists.

Break the conditioning LMAO!!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Plus, there is no law saying you have to honor the National Anthem or the flag. You don't have to salute or put your hand over your heart during the Pledge of Allegiance either. Respecting the flag is a personal choice you make when you see it. Requiring respect is authoritarian to the core.

I need to agree with that, it would be so against other accepted precepts of what? the law, the constitution perhaps? the churches/religion don't have that privilege, you can say 'Hail Mary's to the cows come home...if you want, but that's a personal thing end of, no else is required to follow suit, that is in the US constitution.
What blows me so much now that Trump is being the disorderly orderly, and no one seems to see the whole irony of what is going on with him elsewhere...that election where he is supporting one Governor against the other...the one he isn't supporting, has a diatribe with musts that includes one nation under God, or one God whatever, etc, etc, yet if you look at it, this guy that Trump doesn't support...talks the same as Trump, who wants to, " fire the son of a bitch" (presumably that should be sons of bitches) for not being [fill this space] and who won't stand up for the anthem?? That's crazy stuff to me.
I think someone should hail the black Maria for him very soon.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
More fake outrage for something ordinarily, people honestly don't pay much attention to.

Also the athletes are not "disrespecting" our flag, and certainly not soldiers who have served. That's the last thing in their mind. People just paint it that way so they have a reason to act so enraged about it. Just because -you- interpret it that way doesn't make it true. It's also pretty funny how this has been a thing.. but not much of one, especially over the last year, but now since Trump has mentioned it.. it's a HUUUGE deal. People burning hats.. selling season tickets. It's comedy gold.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

The next trend is standing on once head, I can not wait to see that one.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

#. All you have to do is watch any professional sports game. They will mention at least one or two of the players' charities at least once during the 3 hour broadcast. Not to mention the players themselves will have billboards displayed around the stadiums advertising their charities too.

Small charities like that really do nothing to fix anything.....they are small and do not expand..due to ego.

Large corporate charities limit services at a whim.

Face it..what they are doing is an absolute waste of time and does not register in any of the communities on a noticeable scale.

In other words...looks good...helps 15-20 people ans everyone can cheer about how great they are...while the other 99.99% of people get ZILCH.

Just like they will get with this pathetic effort....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Seriously, you're going to bring this up here?
I highly suggest you read Ben Kinslows book,
Black Yellow-dogs and get yourself some history from a black author. Very disappointing that we've gotten back to here... what did Barack Obama accomplish? That's what I thought!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: ParasuvO

The next trend is standing on once head, I can not wait to see that one.

You haven't been paying attention then. Seems like a lot of posters live in that state.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Then why were players fined for wearing 9/11 memorial gear, or the Cowboys for wearing any kind of Houston police tributes?

Seems to be selective freedoms in the NFL, and that is why I'm "bent out of shape" about it. That and I don't need to be preached to, when the statistics tell a far different story to what they are protesting.

Kaepernik only did it because he was a terrible QB and needed attention.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
FWIW, This is the reason I stand and honor the U.S. flag.

And frankly, I do not care one whit what others think about that. However, I also do not attempt to force my own views or behaviors upon others that choose to not honor that flag. This is what he fought for, to protect and provide that choice.

So people, choose wisely.
Keep in mind those red stripes represent the blood spilled in defense of this country.
Please use your blood earned freedoms for good reason and not just to follow the crowd-think.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thank you for your service.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Your efforts are appreciated, on all fronts.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The protesting is so watered down anyways. Multiple motives and a lot of following.

I feel like the protest suddenly became extremely critical, relevant, and valid to all Americans who care about their freedoms.

False? Ha. No.

Government officials need to keep their opinions to themselves with regard to free speech when they have the opinion that people should be punished for exercising their rights.

I think the Government (we the taxpayers) should be able to say something, since we subsidize the NFL.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

False? Ha. No.

You said this...

Free speech that they should be spouting off on their own time, and not to publicly disrespect the nation.

What's wrong with calling that out? It's not like he signed an EO, it was an opinion and a good one.

link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

#. All you have to do is watch any professional sports game. They will mention at least one or two of the players' charities at least once during the 3 hour broadcast. Not to mention the players themselves will have billboards displayed around the stadiums advertising their charities too.

Small charities like that really do nothing to fix anything.....they are small and do not expand..due to ego.

Oh there's ego here but not with small business. More money donated on a local level gets to the community.

Face it..what they are doing is an absolute waste of time and does not register in any of the communities on a noticeable scale.

In other words...looks good...helps 15-20 people ans everyone can cheer about how great they are...while the other 99.99% of people get ZILCH.

I guess you misses JJ Watt raising over 20 million for hurricane relief:

www.foxnews.com...

link   
Not to derail this thread and change subjects but I think Trump does these kind of things keep the focus from his ongoing Russia probe.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

That's simply not true, Lions International have done exponentially well, locally and all over the world...go an look them up. To add, they are not the only ones. And no, I'm not posting links, but I am telling you.
edit on 25-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Oh there's ego here but not with small business. More money donated on a local level gets to the community.

I guess you misses JJ Watt raising over 20 million for hurricane relief:

www.foxnews.com...

Someone who talks real.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Kneeling for the anthem and the flag which is the only symbol in our country representing unity and freedom is a like saying f-u to those very principles. I agree with their right to do it but it's like saying f-u Jesus I'm for peace. It's the ultimate of hypocrisy...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
www.armytimes.com...

Seems like the VFW and the American legion disagree with the protest. Hmmm. Fancy that news.

Villanueva the football player is recieving the highest praise for being a man about this whole issue. Unlike some people.

Some people just dont get it.
edit on 25-9-2017 by MrPitts because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join