It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

First to start, I'm a veteran. I served in the US Army from 2003 to 2006 and spent time deployed in Iraq. So I've fought for the flag, defended it, and understand its meaning very well.

And the point is ?

Your opinion is more important than someone else's?

Rather fclear some people don't under stand one damn thing about the flag or that piece of paper, and that thing called EQUALITY.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct, everyone has the right to protest. Protest the flag, the national anthem or food in the cafeteria.
But when it is done in a public, paid arena, then it is not free speech, but anarchy.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
a reply to: Gothmog

People are saying that our founding fathers would agree with these protests. I have a hunch that our founding fathers would not tolerate disrespect of our young nation and those not honoring it or burning the flag would be treasonous.

Exercising Constituional rights = being treasonous

Who do you think our founding fathers were? The aristocrats?

Lol

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

People are saying that our founding fathers would agree with these protests. I have a hunch that our founding fathers would not tolerate disrespect of our young nation and those not honoring it or burning the flag would be treasonous.

Yep. They are young BLACK millionaires protesting as if they have been oppressed. Feminists do this too. It never fails..you give someone an Affirmative Action card and they play it over and over like an Ace card up the sleeve. We now have a nation of spoiled brats, who were never taught any respect.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Damn , at least one member gets it

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

The protesting is so watered down anyways. Multiple motives and a lot of following.

Validity is dropping rapidly.

I feel like the protest suddenly became extremely critical, relevant, and valid to all Americans who care about their freedoms.

More like critical, relevant and valid to false narratives.

It will be all bandwagon from here on out.

False? Ha. No.

Government officials need to keep their opinions to themselves with regard to free speech when they have the opinion that people should be punished for exercising their rights.

What does the government have to do with folks protesting to false narratives?

Referring to the multiple protest motives.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Fools

The BLM movement is literally just the latest in a constant series of pro-civil rights movements that have protested against the very same problems. Or have you already forgotten the "Hand's Up, Don't Shoot" and "I Can't Breathe" movements from recent years?

And don't forget that Dr. MLK was assassinated when giving a speech in support of the "Am I Not A Man And A Brother" movement. In fact, these same pro-judicial equality movements have existed since the Fugitive Slave Law introduced a "papers please" law enforcement policy throughout America. And that was before the Civil War even started.

Well, if these movements wouldn't exclusively tie themselves with communist agitprop where the END result is everyone being enslaved by their government, I would be more supportive of their agenda. When you yell and scream and threaten violence and break windows and set other peoples property on fire, I am automatically against you. No matter what color or religion you are.

Why would we want the support of "fools". But thanks anyway.
(get it get it?? since that's your username)

If you continue to do so, you will also begin to make my natural human reaction to protect myself and my interests even more severe.

Sounds like a threat. Not that that's surprising, considering which "side" is making the threat.

I am a bit of a paranoid person, but if you succeed in turning more and more people against you due to childish and aggressive behavior, you are really begging for confrontation.

Yep, definitely sounds like a threat. Not that I'm surprised though, considering which "side" is making the threat.

I don't think any of the people doing this have thought this through and what would happen if they started getting back what they are giving.

We've thought it through quite well. If you're the type of overly sensitive weakling that threatens confrontations against people who support a literal nonviolent kneeling protest, then we weren't meant to be allies in the first place. In other words, you can go screw yourself because I wouldn't want to work with you in the first place.

You must not use the internet too much? If I were to even try for 5 minutes I could post hundreds of video's of left wing groups being violent and destroying property. It's actually a common thing. I believe the only enmasse right wing protest I have ever seen was the whole tea party thing. There was no violence nor any destruction of property.

To me, the kneeling is exclusively tied with BLM. I find (I know) BLM to be a very bad group that gets almost all of its money from communist. I will never support them or any sort of idea that comes from them. And the NFL are fools for not doing the same.

Once again, stop aligning with commie agitprop and I might listen or even consider your thoughts reasonable. Until then, I just cannot. And I never will.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

If you don't know why he is protesting and are complaining about it nonetheless, that is YOUR fault not his.

Did I say that I didn't know? No, I didn't. You missed the point.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Tebow = NO PRAYER IN SPORTS!!!
Take a Knee Movement = Racists...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not arguing about his cause. I'm criticizing his methods. Makes no sense and he's not understood by many

example: I walk into Joel Olsteens giant church and every week he asks everyone to bow and pray. Instead, I stand up and don't pray. I do this every week on national TV. What am I protesting?

Everyone thinks I'm disrespecting god but I'm actually protesting the fact that the church doesn't have handicap parking spaces. Now nobody cares what I'm protesting because I did it in an ignorant way.

Freedom of speech is grand and protects me from being criticized or kicked out.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Is there any difference kneeling to show respect for the flag and dead and fallen or wounded comrades. Or is it okay to show displeasure to the government for past racial iniquities as the football players displayed by kneeling?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Most people when the National Anthem is played pre game.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am a veteran and this is exactly how I feel. Well said.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Standing for the Anthem is either a heartfelt, joyful activity no matter where you are ... or it's not.

You forgot respect, but you are correct. The "no matter where you are" part gets tricky because like I said before, it has to do with the attendance of the live event, where the players and spectators are together.

There are people who stand and are quiet at their homes and there are a lot of people who don't participate at home, that's their right, right?

Bottom line is, this is about the players, they are the ones purposely protesting false narratives, being disrespectful by using and taking advantages of the venue.

They should not get paid to push their protest and we should not pay to watch.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

it's more important when it comes to patriotism. armchair patriotism is bs, and unimportant. Nut up or shutup

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not arguing about his cause. I'm criticizing his methods. Makes no sense and he's not understood by many

example: I walk into Joel Olsteens giant church and every week he asks everyone to bow and pray. Instead, I stand up and don't pray. I do this every week on national TV. What am I protesting?

Everyone thinks I'm disrespecting god but I'm actually protesting the fact that the church doesn't have handicap parking spaces. Now nobody cares what I'm protesting because I did it in an ignorant way.

Freedom of speech is grand and protects me from being criticized or kicked out.

It doesn't keep you from critism.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: neo96

it's more important when it comes to patriotism. armchair patriotism is bs, and unimportant. Nut up or shutup

Yeah but it feels so patriotic to flex those fingers on an internet board. @@

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Thank you for posting the truth. The truth hurts.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ironically, that outfit is a violation of the official US Flag Code. It's violating Section 176 (the "Respect for Flag" section), Clause D:

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

www.usflag.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: StunPrix

The protesting is so watered down anyways. Multiple motives and a lot of following.

Validity is dropping rapidly.

I feel like the protest suddenly became extremely critical, relevant, and valid to all Americans who care about their freedoms.

More like critical, relevant and valid to false narratives.

It will be all bandwagon from here on out.

False? Ha. No.

Government officials need to keep their opinions to themselves with regard to free speech when they have the opinion that people should be punished for exercising their rights.

You people are insane!!! This is not a constitutional issue!!!

In reality, however, American employees’ free speech rights may be more accurately summarized by this paraphrase of a 1891 statement by Oli­ver Wendell Holmes, Jr.: “A employee may have a constitutional right to talk politics, but he has no constitutional right to be employed.” In other words: to keep your job, you often can’t say what you like.

www.americanbar.org...

S/he does in California. California prohibits employee discrimination based on political actions/beliefs. That's much more recent than 1891, BTW.

lol.

And s/he does have the right to have her/his speech protected by the federal government. That's been since the passage of the First Amendment. D'oh.

You are the insane one.

Posting an 1891 quote. LOL!
edit on 9/25/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join