It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: RomeByFire

Mandatory?

Your posts used to be good, you've lost your edge.

So, tell, Les, which "celebrities and sports figures," do I mandatorily worship?

Come on, specifics. And while you're at it, why don't you back your personal claims about me up with some empirical evidence?

This thread is about Americans exercising their Consitutional rights, something you know nothing of - you don't vote - not about me, or any other poster.

But since YOU want to make it about me, can you prove it, cabrone?

I was just throwing your wild and specious accusations right back at you. Enjoy.

Like I said, your posts used to good.

Keep up your riddled personal attacks and projections on issues you know nothing about.

So, uh, which celebrities and sports stars do I worship since it's mandatory?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I stand proud for my country, I stand proud for my flag, I stand proud for the nations anthem and I kneel for nobody.

I am an American first.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Keep up your riddled personal attacks and projections on issues you know nothing about.

Your posts were never good.

Again, I was just making wild and specious accusations, so I'm not sure why the double standards.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: kyleplatinum

So it's not a matter of "respect" unless one is in public?

Patriotism is a performance?

No. It is a matter of respect for the venue at which the event is held combined with tradition combined with a public display.

Performance, no. Patriotism IS respect.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I stand proud for my country, I stand proud for my flag, I stand proud for the nations anthem and I kneel for nobody.

I am an American first.

Only 2 F bombs.

He's basically saying that one should be happy they are.... You should be proud of something you accomplished yourself, not an accident of birth.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The ignorance displayed in this thread is astounding to me. These people protested the flag on 9/11 of all days and you all give them a pass!?!?

The anthem is the one moment when fans and players a like are reminded of their common bond. Being American and these anti-American biggots would rather steal the moment to protest a non existent issue?

Sorry OP you are so wrong about this and the majority of your brothers in arms are shaking their heads as we read this.

This!

Great post.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It is so disappointing to me to see people who claimed they supported free speech now take the position that speech has a heavy cost and Americans should revere the flag of a nation where the government encourages private employers to punish employees who express political views contrary to those of its leader.

Bleh.

I hate this issue cropped, now...I feel like it's a distraction from other important issues...but it turns out that it is a very important issue in its own right.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The protesting is so watered down anyways. Multiple motives and a lot of following.

Validity is dropping rapidly.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Your posts were never good.

Again, I was just making wild and specious accusations, so I'm not sure why the double standards.

Off topic post removed

Not engaging in petty tit for tat ad homs

Apologies

edit on 25-9-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
The protesting is so watered down anyways. Multiple motives and a lot of following.

I feel like the protest suddenly became extremely critical, relevant, and valid to all Americans who care about their freedoms.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I don't make my posts good, I'm not pretentious as others who have demonstrated.

Keep up with the personal attacks, it's enthralling considering how high and mighty you pretend to be in your pompous posts.

off-topic post removed.

Apologies to you, good sir.
edit on 25-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's the people who disagree who know what the flag stands for. It's the people who kneel who DON'T know what the flag stands for. In this case, to them the flag stands for a country who oppresses black and brown people. That is not what the flag stands for and you know and every patriotic American knows it. We have a right to disagree. They are wrong.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I feel like the protest suddenly became extremely critical, relevant, and valid to all Americans who care about their freedoms.

More like critical, relevant and valid to false narratives.

It will be all bandwagon from here on out.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They are just GoT fans ... bending the knee.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: kyleplatinum

So it's not a matter of "respect" unless one is in public?

Patriotism is a performance?

No. It is a matter of respect for the venue at which the event is held combined with tradition combined with a public display.

Performance, no. Patriotism IS respect.

So we're to respect the stadium now too?

Here's the thing chief, because I'm not sure we really have that much to communicate to each other.

Standing for the Anthem is either a heartfelt, joyful activity no matter where you are ... or it's not.

Anyone who only does it in public as a spectacle is an ultimate hypocrite if they challenge the way others choose to honor the flag AND their own beliefs at the same time.

Best.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

False? Ha. No.

Government officials need to keep their opinions to themselves with regard to free speech when they have the opinion that people should be punished for exercising their rights.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Founding Fathers were proud of their newly formed nation and Independence .
Yep , they still had problems , but still proud.
Bet they still stood , prayed and honored the country...
Shoots down the entire thread topic
Didnt break a sweat doing it either

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is there "right", yes...but just because one has the "right" to do something, or say something...doesn't mean they 'should', or 'have to'. It's out of common respect for others, and in this case, others and their families that have died for this nation and all within, that they shouldn't do this. Again, its not about rights, it's about respect. I am also a Veteran of the U.S. forces. For example, (and this is just an example of my point, I would never actually do this...out of respect for others of course)...I have the "right" to call a black person the "N" word, a black persona has a "right" to call me whatever derogatory name he chooses, I have the "right" to call a pregnant woman fat, and she has a "right" to call me whatever demeaning term she chooses, I have the "right" to piss on the American flag....but I don't do or say these things, because I know that it will hurt others and maybe start some violence, in which someone may die. Just because one has a "right" to be a jerk or an @$$hole...doesn't mean they should, just out of respect for others. It's all about how you're raised I suppose.

Those NFL players are people of color, and they make millions a year. They obviously are not protesting racism or "being held back" by the white man. So, they have to be inciting divisiveness between the races. I am a white male and I will never even come close to that kind of money, nor do I know anyone else who will. If anything "I" should be kneeling...but I won't because whether the men were black, white or any other color...they loved their nation, and I will love it too.... in their absence...and in their honor.
edit on 25-9-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

False? Ha. No.

Government officials need to keep their opinions to themselves with regard to free speech when they have the opinion that people should be punished for exercising their rights.

You people are insane!!! This is not a constitutional issue!!!

In reality, however, American employees’ free speech rights may be more accurately summarized by this paraphrase of a 1891 statement by Oli­ver Wendell Holmes, Jr.: “A employee may have a constitutional right to talk politics, but he has no constitutional right to be employed.” In other words: to keep your job, you often can’t say what you like.

www.americanbar.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

People are saying that our founding fathers would agree with these protests. I have a hunch that our founding fathers would not tolerate disrespect of our young nation and those not honoring it or burning the flag would be treasonous.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join