It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't think anyone has a problem with players protesting, as you say, it's their right as Americans.
But at the same time many Americans feel that the flag is a symbol of those rights and showing what many believe is disrespect toward the flag is not the right approach.

I would have taken the players gathering at mid field right after the anthem to raise awareness of their cause with much more enthusiasm.

how about......all sport teams stay in the locker room until AFTER the anthem.....

You mean how it used to be before the DoD paid the NFL to change their pregame presentation to put the teams on the field for the Anthem?
edit on 9/25/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Funny thing, the neighbor's many dogs can bark all day long and have ruined my life. There is zero law against this in the county.

Yet some people silently kneeling in a very reverent stance makes peoples blood boil. The world is just stupid.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
a reply to: Gryphon66

When you are in your home, watching the game on TV or internet, do you stand up and place your hand over your heart during the National Anthem?

If I told you I did, would you believe me?

Most may not stand at home, but I bet it's not because they are protesting.

Like the poster I just quoted, it's because they're anarchists.

Not standing for the National Anthem means you're an anarchist. It doesn't matter if you're "just at home," let's actually be consistent (for once) with some of this right-wing logic.

If it's so horrible and offensive for NFL players to not stand during the National Anthem, what makes bar patrons or those in restaurants any different? What's the exception, here?

According to ATS right-wing logic, there are MILLIONS if not TENS of millions of anti-American hating anarchists who don't stand each and every time the National Anthem is played.

But hey, that little notion and liberal fantasy of "freedom," is archaic and should be thrown out.

Each and EVERY time the National Anthem is played each and EVERY American should be FORCED to not only stand, but sing, and place their hand on their chest.

Because THAT'S how freedom works (in the minds of cult-like freaks).

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Does anyone else find it funny that Trump (and his supporters) is complaining about silent, peaceful, protest disrespecting the country when he ran under the slogan, "Make America Great Again?"

I mean, he's pretty much saying America sucks.

What I find funny is that in order to protest Trump, they kneel to him. It's a thing of beauty.

They’re not protesting Trump & they’re not kneeling to him either...

I know he wishes the world revolved around him but it doesn’t.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Does anyone else find it funny that Trump (and his supporters) is complaining about silent, peaceful, protest disrespecting the country when he ran under the slogan, "Make America Great Again?"

What I find funny is that in order to protest Trump, they kneel to him. It's a thing of beauty.

Uh, okay then.

The kneel to Trump?

You guys have weird authoritarian-fantasies.

As for the players who locked arms, was that symbolic to the extent of them playing patty-cake for Trump, too?

Lol, as much as some of you folks would like to see mandatory-worship of government figures - it's not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

So it's not a matter of "respect" unless one is in public?

Patriotism is a performance?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Or they are trying to avoid the # that flies from him.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

They’re not protesting Trump & they’re not kneeling to him either...

I know he wishes the world revolved around him but it doesn’t.

After Trump said what he did, more people kneeled. Historically, kneeling is a sign of submission and reverence.

More Than 200 NFL Players Kneel During Anthem in Defiance of President Trump
edit on 25-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The ignorance displayed in this thread is astounding to me. These people protested the flag on 9/11 of all days and you all give them a pass!?!?

The anthem is the one moment when fans and players a like are reminded of their common bond. Being American and these anti-American biggots would rather steal the moment to protest a non existent issue?

Sorry OP you are so wrong about this and the majority of your brothers in arms are shaking their heads as we read this.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Fools

The BLM movement is literally just the latest in a constant series of pro-civil rights movements that have protested against the very same problems. Or have you already forgotten the "Hand's Up, Don't Shoot" and "I Can't Breathe" movements from recent years?

And don't forget that Dr. MLK was assassinated when giving a speech in support of the "Am I Not A Man And A Brother" movement. In fact, these same pro-judicial equality movements have existed since the Fugitive Slave Law introduced a "papers please" law enforcement policy throughout America. And that was before the Civil War even started.

Well, if these movements wouldn't exclusively tie themselves with communist agitprop where the END result is everyone being enslaved by their government, I would be more supportive of their agenda. When you yell and scream and threaten violence and break windows and set other peoples property on fire, I am automatically against you. No matter what color or religion you are.

Why would we want the support of "fools". But thanks anyway.
(get it get it?? since that's your username)

If you continue to do so, you will also begin to make my natural human reaction to protect myself and my interests even more severe.

Sounds like a threat. Not that that's surprising, considering which "side" is making the threat.

I am a bit of a paranoid person, but if you succeed in turning more and more people against you due to childish and aggressive behavior, you are really begging for confrontation.

Yep, definitely sounds like a threat. Not that I'm surprised though, considering which "side" is making the threat.

I don't think any of the people doing this have thought this through and what would happen if they started getting back what they are giving.

We've thought it through quite well. If you're the type of overly sensitive weakling that threatens confrontations against people who support a literal nonviolent kneeling protest, then we weren't meant to be allies in the first place. In other words, you can go screw yourself because I wouldn't want to work with you in the first place.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Funny thing, the neighbor's many dogs can bark all day long and have ruined my life. There is zero law against this in the county.

Yet some people silently kneeling in a very reverent stance makes peoples blood boil. The world is just stupid.

They don't like freedom.

Simple. I don't see any other reasoning, to be honest.

Protest is a Constitutional right. This wasn't an issue until Trump made it one by tweeting like a hormonal teenage girl (surprise, surprise - he's embarrassing). The NFL says it's fine. Some are exercising their freedoms by boycotting them, others by purchasing jerseys of athletes who choose to stand (again, that's their freedom to do so).

But, still, its upset those who claim that "political correctness is ruining this nation," and who run around screaming about "hypersensitive wimps who whine about everything that offends them," ironically enough.

It has nothing to do with "KEEP UR POLITICS OUTTA MUH SPORTS," considering (again) this wasn't even an issue until Trump (surprise) made it an issue.... HIS tweet is what caused the reaction for protests, HE caused the very well-deserved backlash.

But I digress. I've seen far, far too many people complaining and saying that Americans shouldn't be allowed to exercise their Consitutional rights because it's "offensive."

The terms snowflake and safe space come to mind real quick, but instead, we get wild projections about how "they're kneeling to Trump," and how awful all of these folks exercising their Consitutional rights are and how they're everything from disgraceful, to anarchists, to "they should move to North Korea!"

It's amusing watching the absolute "outrage," that has come out of a mere minutes of Constituionally protected protests. It's even more amusing watching those who wish to watch the Constitution burn and only allow their preferred partisan-flavor to be allowed to partake in Constituionally protected rights and exercises.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The only ignorance is believing there is some kind of moral superiority for people obeying or not obeying a symbol. Which traditionally leaders getting people to think for themselves try and avoid.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Uh, okay then.

The kneel to Trump?

As for the players who locked arms, was that symbolic to the extent of them playing patty-cake for Trump, too?

Lol, as much as some of you folks would like to see mandatory-worship of government figures - it's not going to happen.

I wouldn't want to get in the way of your mandatory worship of sports figures and celebrities.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

When enough people die for it,that YOU happen to care about...
edit on 25-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

You can twist it anyway you want if makes you feel good and cozy inside, but a pig is a pig no matter if you dressed in silk clothing.

I guess the next thing is to burn the flag the anthem and the constitution all together and call it freedom of whatever comes out of the asses of the anti anything American groups.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I absolutely agree. The most powerful and elegant protests have a twist of humbleness to them, not just shrill defiance. Like Caesar covering his face from his betrayers, or Ghandi's passive resistance. (Although these kneelings aren't quite as epic as those.)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Uh, okay then.

The kneel to Trump?

I wouldn't want to get in the way of your mandatory worship of sports figures and celebrities.

Mandatory?

Your posts used to be good, you've lost your edge.

So, tell, Les, which "celebrities and sports figures," do I mandatorily worship?

Come on, specifics. And while you're at it, why don't you back your personal claims about me up with some empirical evidence?

This thread is about Americans exercising their Consitutional rights, something you know nothing of - you don't vote - not about me, or any other poster.

But since YOU want to make it about me, can you prove it, cabrone?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You can twist it anyway you want if makes you feel good and cozy inside, but a pig is a pig no matter if you dressed in silk clothing.

I guess the next thing is to burn the flag the anthem and the constitution all together and call it freedom of whatever comes out of the asses of the anti anything American groups.

Burn the Anthem?

That's a new one. How does one burn a song?

Oh, and by the way, the Supreme Court (the highest ruling justice in the States) ruled that burning flags is Constitutional back in the '70's.

Don't like it? You're more than welcome to challenge that in a court of law.

link   

Mandatory?

Your posts used to be good, you've lost your edge.

So, tell, Les, which "celebrities and sports figures," do I mandatorily worship?

Come on, specifics. And while you're at it, why don't you back your personal claims about me up with some empirical evidence?

This thread is about Americans exercising their Consitutional rights, something you know nothing of - you don't vote - not about me, or any other poster.

But since YOU want to make it about me, can you prove it, cabrone?

I was just throwing your wild and specious accusations right back at you. Enjoy.

link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The ignorance displayed in this thread is astounding to me. These people protested the flag on 9/11 of all days and you all give them a pass!?!?

The anthem is the one moment when fans and players a like are reminded of their common bond. Being American and these anti-American biggots would rather steal the moment to protest a non existent issue?

Sorry OP you are so wrong about this and the majority of your brothers in arms are shaking their heads as we read this.

Exercising Constituional rights = ignorance

Quite a number of folks on ATS seem to be hating the Constitution lately!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join