It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Support....or appeasment?

Support. They have been very vocal about supporting the players on this matter. Thank Trump being stupid and tweeting over the weekend for that.

Prior to 2009 being out for the anthem was optional. It was just a matter that everyone did it and did not make a large issue. It is patriotism and there is nothing wrong with that.

So? Doesn't change the fact that there is no requirement to do so.

No, they are not doing their jobs. It is a distraction. The NFL is regulated out the ass with fines for pointing to god for gods sake...

The National Anthem lasts for all of 5 minutes. A football game is 3 hours long and to prepare is a full time job. To say they aren't doing their job because of something they aren't required to do for 5 minutes before doing what they are paid millions of dollars to do for 3 hours is dishonest.

So if you fought for the rigth to protest you also fought for the right for Trump to tweet. Why take sides?

Where did I say Trump wasn't allowed to tweet? Calling him an idiot or stupid for doing so isn't saying he isn't allowed to tweet.

Yes, it will. Lots of people of all colors are fed up with this. Lower tickets sales means less jobs. So, these millionaries are actually helping hard working people to lose their jobs

Lol. All the people who don't mind this or support the players will buy the tickets sold by the safe space needing faux patriots.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
Doesn't it bother anyone that Trump has attacked players kneeling harder than he did the Nazis in Charlottesville?

That's a good point.

I didn't think about that.

He has not said that there were good people on both "sides" of this issue.

I also mentioned it in another thread. He sure didn't call for the neo-nazis to be fired or their places of business to be boycotted. As I said in that other thread, too, it makes me think Trump is totally setting his supporters up. If they defend him, on this, they pretty much have to defend that, too.

If I were a Trump supporter, I would run from him. Now. He's up to no good whether he's intentionally setting them up or if it's just that he's stupid (which I don't think he is, I think he's a wolf in sheep's clothing).

You may be entirely correct, but I will disagree on one point.

I think he is "stupid". Not that he is unintelligent, but because he does not think before he opens his mouth (or twitter app) and he let's his biases get in the way of being presidential.

He doesn't have to be the best of the best for us to treat him respectfully, but he doesn't need to be a moron either.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Doesn't it bother anyone that Trump has attacked players kneeling harder than he did the Nazis in Charlottesville?

It bothers me that Trump got involved at all. But you stand out of respect for me and people like me just like I stand out of respect for you and people like you.

It is meant to unify us they are trying ti use it to divide us.

Just like my great grandfather did decades ago.

Respected Nazi's by slinging shells through their skulls.

My, my, times are a' changing.

link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I love how the same people who argue the US flag isn't important and they aren't disrespecting it blah blah are the same people who got so offended at the Confederate flag there had to be protests and property destruction and statue removals.

The confederate flag is a flag that represents treason against the government. There really is no rhyme or reason why any American should still be supporting it now. Racist roots or not. ESPECIALLY if you are offended by people dishonoring the American flag by not standing during the anthem.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

Yep that is just like the left they dont like the rules so they just change them to fit their own fantasies.

Just gonna go out a on limb here and say not all of the old, rich crackers that own NFL franchises are Democrats.

edit on 25-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yep that is just like the left they dont like the rules so they just change them to fit their own fantasies.

Just gonna go out a on limb here and say most of the old, rich crackers that own NFL franchises are not Democrats.

The owner of the New England Patriots, Bob Kraft, is a known Trump voter and friend.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

Did you see the crowd at the 49ers game thursday? maybe half full. The chargers couldnt even fill half of a soccer stadium in LA that only hold 27000.

It is allready hurting the NFL this will make it worse.

NFL attendance has been down for years, trust me you guys are having no effect.

No it hasnt. you wouldnt see the effect yet so how could you possibly know. This all started yesterday we will see what effects there are next week.

link   

Did you see the crowd at the 49ers game thursday? maybe half full. The chargers couldnt even fill half of a soccer stadium in LA that only hold 27000.

It is allready hurting the NFL this will make it worse.

NFL attendance has been down for years, trust me you guys are having no effect.

I was at the Eagles game this week. A huge USA chant broke out after the anthem and people were wearing logoed shirts that stated they will stand for the anthem.

A sporting event was once a place to unite all people from all walks of life, but the media had to run this and divide us some more.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The owner of the New England Patriots, Bob Kraft, is a known Trump voter and friend.

Yeah, but that doesn't count because the Patriots cheat.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Fantasies?

It's arguable the NFL could ever enforce such a policy, anyway, in states like California which prohibit discrimination based on political activities:

CHAPTER 5. Political Affiliations [1101 - 1106] ( Chapter 5 enacted by Stats. 1937, Ch. 90. )

No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy:

(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.

(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

Link

edit on 9/25/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just gonna go out a on limb here and say not all of the old, rich crackers that own NFL franchises are not Democrats.

What about the Jags?

@ KS. Yes. Kraft is(was?) a Trump supporter. To the tune of a million.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No it hasnt. you wouldnt see the effect yet so how could you possibly know. This all started yesterday we will see what effects there are next week.

The coveted 18-30 year old demographic is down significantly over the past 5 years.

edit on 25-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Even if he was completely stupid, he has legal-expert handlers that are not.

I don't buy that he is stupid though. I think he is setting his supporters up. You aren't likely to change my mind on that and I know I am not going to change yours. But I bet the record will show that Trump's time in office benefitted Democrats most.

So far, it has.
edit on 9/25/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I love how the same people who argue the US flag isn't important and they aren't disrespecting it blah blah are the same people who got so offended at the Confederate flag there had to be protests and property destruction and statue removals.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. It is hilarious the double standard.

Actually you supposed American Lovers are the hypocrites. You will wave a flag that was an enemy to America and tried to revolt.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
What about the Jags?

Surprised he got into the old boy network to begin with.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have a question for those who are so upset by the actions of these players taking a knee during the National Anthem.

When you are in your home, watching the game on TV or internet, do you stand up and place your hand over your heart during the National Anthem?

Now, please, don't answer here. Answer honestly, for yourself, and then see how upset you still are at the players.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: introvert

Even if he was completely stupid, he has legal-expert handlers that are not.

I don't buy that he is stupid though. I think he is setting his supporters up. You aren't likely to change my mind on that and I know I am not going to change yours. But I bet the record will show that Trump's time in office benefitted Democrats most.

So far, it has.

Like I said, you may very well be right.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

NFL ratings were down all season, and there’s no reason to think they’ll get better next year

Football was down 9 percent during the regular season and 6 percent during the playoffs

NFL Ratings Just Fell Off a Cliff: Why

NFL Sees Small Regular-Season Attendance Decline; Titans, Rams Down Sharply At Home

Notice the dates in those stories, way before protests.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Onslaught9966 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm appalled at so called free speech advocates getting all bent out-of-shape over NFL players protesting the National Anthem by kneeling during it. Saying these players should be fired or fined for their actions. Um. What? For one, these are the same people who complain about conservative speakers having their first amendment rights violated for being banned from speaking engagements. Do they not see the hypocrisy of demanding other people do or say things they want them to?

They can disrespect all they want, but it is not very professional when people pay money to see them play...people don't pay to see them protest. Why not protest off the field?

They shake their butt one too many times in the end zone and they are fined, if they say the right words they are fined, but I guess you think it is OK to protest personal views while at work as they make millions...lol. Time and place for everything, not at work...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As a followup, I will take literally anything that Sean Hannity says with a HUGE grain of salt.

It would violate the laws physics for a grain of salt to occupy that much space.

K~

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join