It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: enlightenedservant

How exactly did you rest your case and win with athat comment then? LOL I wasnt being racist but you did just assume I was.

I simply said "I rest my case
". You sure are jumping to a lot of conclusions right now.

And dont assume we have never had discussion before you might be surprised at often you have agreed with me in the past.

That's quite possible. Though I fail to see what that has to do with this specific discussion.

One of my personal mottos basically translates into "It's ok to disagree with friends and it's also ok to acknowledge when an opponent is correct". I don't agree with anyone 100%, including myself (literally; I've often had to change my positions once I encountered new information). In the spirit of that motto, I will always stand up for what I believe in, regardless of who I'm agreeing with or disagreeing with.

I don't think a single person who actually knows me would disagree with that description of myself. After all, that's part of what being an "enlightened servant of the king" means.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It's entirely Trump's fault this is even an issue right now. Trump should be getting all of the blame for the division that is occurring. The players protested the anthem over the weekend because of Trump's dumb words on the issue. If he hadn't of poked that bear to begin with then none of us would be talking about this today because no one would have protested the anthem over the weekend.

link   
The protests are working so well that Villanueva's jersey is the best selling.

Seems like they are doing the opposite of what they wish to accomplish.

Nuetral observation here.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
Doesn't it bother anyone that Trump has attacked players kneeling harder than he did the Nazis in Charlottesville?

That's a good point.

I didn't think about that.

He has not said that there were good people on both "sides" of this issue.

I also mentioned it in another thread. He sure didn't call for the neo-nazis to be fired or their places of business to be boycotted. As I said in that other thread, too, it makes me think Trump is totally setting his supporters up. If they defend him, on this, they pretty much have to defend that, too.

If I were a Trump supporter, I would run from him. Now. He's up to no good whether he's intentionally setting them up or if it's just that he's stupid (which I don't think he is, I think he's a wolf in sheep's clothing).

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I see what you did there ...

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: luthier
Don't be touching Randall now.

That 90 yard punting bastage needs to burn in a nuclear holocaust.

To think I used to respect your point of view.

Now I see your just another Giants Supramacist.

PS Dave Meggot was short.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: MisterMcKill

Eh, if Hannity can be used as a source, I guess CNN can be, too:

In fact, in 2016 the NFL made clear that players were not required to stand for the anthem.

"Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem," the NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said last year after 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's protests gained attention.

Link

Apparently, the regulated requirement was removed for the 2017 edition of the rules.

Yep that is just like the left they dont like the rules so they just change them to fit their own fantasies.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I think he's in mid-stage Alzheimers.

But you know me, crazy leftist fascist communist that I am.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Controversial situations aside, my point rests. The police are going to get involved regardless if they are needed or not.

We agree on that point.

To be honest, I agree that the nation has a problem with the militarization of police and, especially from where I stand, the expansion of federal law enforcement's presence in state and local matters. I do not, however, believe protests of the national anthem by football players is the proper venue for attracting attention to the problem.

Football players are role models to young adults. What better venue can be had...by using these football players as an exercise in free speech, by protesting police brutality and violence caused by the police upon our innocent civilians?

link   

Did you see the crowd at the 49ers game thursday? maybe half full. The chargers couldnt even fill half of a soccer stadium in LA that only hold 27000.

It is allready hurting the NFL this will make it worse.

NFL attendance has been down for years, trust me you guys are having no effect.

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: MisterMcKill

Eh, if Hannity can be used as a source, I guess CNN can be, too:

In fact, in 2016 the NFL made clear that players were not required to stand for the anthem.

"Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem," the NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said last year after 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's protests gained attention.

Link

Apparently, the regulated requirement was removed for the 2017 edition of the rules.

Yep that is just like the left they dont like the rules so they just change them to fit their own fantasies.

So the NFL is the left?

You said you voted for Obama, you're more of lefty than many on these boards lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No nooo! Not on a football field; in the Octagon. Each side needs to pick representatives then settle this in the Octagon. I've been pushing that policy for a couple years now. It's way better than wars.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
And I think that corrections will be made to those trends that are really causing lost interest and thereby lost revenue.

If freaking out over being silently reminded that racial discrimination is still an issue in this country causes the demise ... then the NFL is already dead, it just don't know it.

I've been saying that for the past week. I think it's a superficial excuse for some people to get off the NFL teet when in reality they've been bored to tears by the glacial pace of the game recently. You compound this with a noticeable decline at the youth level and football has a very precarious future.

link   
I love how the same people who argue the US flag isn't important and they aren't disrespecting it blah blah are the same people who got so offended at the Confederate flag there had to be protests and property destruction and statue removals.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

a reply to: notsure1

It's entirely Trump's fault this is even an issue right now. Trump should be getting all of the blame for the division that is occurring. The players protested the anthem over the weekend because of Trump's dumb words on the issue. If he hadn't of poked that bear to begin with then none of us would be talking about this today because no one would have protested the anthem over the weekend.

I agree Trump never should ave got involved he just cant help himself lol.

It still doesnt change the face that people feel very disrespected when you dont stand the frick up.

link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well protesting only works when it makes people uncomfortable. This is why I disapprove of designated protest zones. How are you going to make someone care about your issue if they never see you because you are sequestered off so people don't have to deal with you? By kneeling during the anthem, players have a captive audience in the NFL viewership. It's pretty genius if you ask me.

I'd almost go as far to say that's they were just "triggering the triggerables."

Which is great when a POTUS does it, not so much when some peon does it.

link   

What rule requires them to stand. Or are you creating new ones in our mind to fit your own fantasies?

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I think he's in mid-stage Alzheimers.

But you know me, crazy leftist fascist communist that I am.

I am more cynical than that as a tinfoil hat wearing, globalist cabal believing independent.

link   

originally posted by: luthier
PS Dave Meggot was short.

So was Phil McConkey, but he has a Super Bowl ring.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I love how the same people who argue the US flag isn't important and they aren't disrespecting it blah blah are the same people who got so offended at the Confederate flag there had to be protests and property destruction and statue removals.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. It is hilarious the double standard.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join