It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It's gonna hurt merchandising and those who work there and support the stadiums for the NFL with the crowd drops. Sorry, I should have been more specific. All the owners and players will be fine.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sit it out would seem to be an appropriate course of action... it's not like the Bundy's never left the property to buy food and whatnot. As I said, the public's safety and interests weren't at risk there.

The public certainly didn't feel that way.

Hey, how much did it cost the taxpayers to clean up the Bundys' mess again?

Significantly less than it cost tax payers to clean up the protesters' mess in the Dakotas.

And probably a lot less than it will eventually cost to clean up the United States from the on-going effects of global warming ...

Since we're side-stepping and acting assish

That's a step further OT than I'm willing to go in this thread. You know as well as anyone here does my thoughts on AGW aren't in agreement with yours in any way. My comment on the Dakota protests was intended to point out the fact that protests seem to cost this country a lot more money than the crap they're actually protesting does. I think the clean up costs of destroyed communities in St Louis, Portland, LA, etc. stand up to that claim.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well protesting only works when it makes people uncomfortable. This is why I disapprove of designated protest zones. How are you going to make someone care about your issue if they never see you because you are sequestered off so people don't have to deal with you? By kneeling during the anthem, players have a captive audience in the NFL viewership. It's pretty genius if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What else do you think is bothering people here? C'mon...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"Just because you and your kind dont find it sacred you shoudnt disrespect those of us that do"

Sorry. Non agreement is most often not disrespect of a person. It a different opinion or view of the event.

maybe the two sides should play a football game and winner gets to claim what's right.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Now those are the words of a True Fan!

To be honest my interest has be waning for the past few years. I gave up my season tickets because I was tired of the flex schedule bull that the league pulls and 3-4 hour games. They don't care about fans, just ask the soon to be former Oakland Carpetbagger's supporters.

link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I don't think any crowd drops will happen past where the normal entertainment option and technology trend is going.

I think your assuming ats is the the world. Nobody cares like you think.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well protesting only works when it makes people uncomfortable. This is why I disapprove of designated protest zones. How are you going to make someone care about your issue if they never see you because you are sequestered off so people don't have to deal with you? By kneeling during the anthem, players have a captive audience in the NFL viewership. It's pretty genius if you ask me.

What happens when their protest leads to reduced league revenue? Federal laws aren't going to be changed to appease individuals causing people to change the channel in disgust.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Sit it out would seem to be an appropriate course of action... it's not like the Bundy's never left the property to buy food and whatnot. As I said, the public's safety and interests weren't at risk there.

The public certainly didn't feel that way.

Hey, how much did it cost the taxpayers to clean up the Bundys' mess again?

Significantly less than it cost tax payers to clean up the protesters' mess in the Dakotas.

And probably a lot less than it will eventually cost to clean up the United States from the on-going effects of global warming ...

Since we're side-stepping and acting assish

That's a step further OT than I'm willing to go in this thread. You know as well as anyone here does my thoughts on AGW aren't in agreement with yours in any way. My comment on the Dakota protests was intended to point out the fact that protests seem to cost this country a lot more money than the crap they're actually protesting does. I think the clean up costs of destroyed communities in St Louis, Portland, LA, etc. stand up to that claim.

You probably are only assuming you know what I think about AGW, but, point taken.

You segued from discussion of a specific event to a comparison to the costs associated with protests.

Move the goalposts as you like of course. Free country.

link   

originally posted by: luthier
Don't be touching Randall now.

That 90 yard punting bastage needs to burn in a nuclear holocaust.

link   
Doesn't it bother anyone that Trump has attacked players kneeling harder than he did the Nazis in Charlottesville?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And I think that corrections will be made to those trends that are really causing lost interest and thereby lost revenue.

If freaking out over being silently reminded that racial discrimination is still an issue in this country causes the demise ... then the NFL is already dead, it just don't know it.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
Doesn't it bother anyone that Trump has attacked players kneeling harder than he did the Nazis in Charlottesville?

It bothers me that Trump got involved at all. But you stand out of respect for me and people like me just like I stand out of respect for you and people like you.

It is meant to unify us they are trying ti use it to divide us.

link   

That's a good point.

I didn't think about that.

He has not said that there were good people on both "sides" of this issue.

link   

Dunno. Don't care. That is Goodell's bear to tackle. If they feel like they can afford to take the hit then likely nothing. They still haven't done anything too bad to Capernick from the first time he kneeled, so I imagine nothing will be done for this event either. I really doubt that this will impact them long term too badly anyways. Once people forget about it (and Trump stops tweeting about it) then things will return to normal again like the last time.

link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
Bring back the USFL!

How about the LFL?

I'm sure the guys would get behind that.

link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

Eh, if Hannity can be used as a source, I guess CNN can be, too:

In fact, in 2016 the NFL made clear that players were not required to stand for the anthem.

"Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem," the NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said last year after 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's protests gained attention.

Link

Apparently, the regulated requirement was removed for the 2017 edition of the rules.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

1) The NFL is supporting them in this protest. Trump pissed off Roger Goodell and the owners too. The players have the management's support. Support....or appeasment?

2) Prove it is in their contract to have to stand there for the national anthem. They didn't even have to be on the field until 2009 Prior to 2009 being out for the anthem was optional. It was just a matter that everyone did it and did not make a large issue. It is patriotism and there is nothing wrong with that.

3) They ARE doing their jobs. After the national anthem ends both teams continue to go on and play a game of football. During the week they still practice for their positions and prepare for the next team. During the off season they still train and lift weights to stay ready for next season. No, they are not doing their jobs. It is a distraction. The NFL is regulated out the ass with fines for pointing to god for gods sake...

4) I fought for the right to protest. I don't get the right to choose what is acceptable to protest or not. So if you fought for the rigth to protest you also fought for the right for Trump to tweet. Why take sides?

5) Cut out the hyperbole. They aren't destroying their industry. Yes, it will. Lots of people of all colors are fed up with this. Lower tickets sales means less jobs. So, these millionaries are actually helping hard working people to lose their jobs
edit on Seppm30pmf0000002017-09-25T15:20:50-05:000350 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: matafuchs

I don't think any crowd drops will happen past where the normal entertainment option and technology trend is going.

I think your assuming ats is the the world. Nobody cares like you think.

Did you see the crowd at the 49ers game thursday? maybe half full. The chargers couldnt even fill half of a soccer stadium in LA that only hold 27000.

It is allready hurting the NFL this will make it worse.

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

It bothers me that Trump got involved at all. But you stand out of respect for me and people like me just like I stand out of respect for you and people like you.

It is meant to unify us they are trying ti use it to divide us.

The only stand that many take is the concession one.

Kneeling is not the problem.

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join