It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's not the kneeling that people have a problem with. These athletes makes way more money then they should and are giving none of it back to the communities who are suffering while they live beyond the means of normal man. Fight for equality but don't whine for it. This is attention seeking behavior and nothing more...none of them will do the right thing and help make this world better. They'll just kneel like cowards.

Politics and sports...next it will be our children's cartoons..."Today Dora visits the White House. Up next. Diago gets deported. See why that's bad on this all new episode." That's where we are heading...right down the toilet...if there's water.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: notsure1

Sounds like a silly reason. Do it or else it is disrespectful. Why? You don't even sound like you know why we should respect it with that reasoning you gave me.

Why do we stand at all for it?

Because you’ve been indoctrinated to act in such a way since you before you could wipe your own arse.

Break the conditioning is my advice.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Because you’ve been indoctrinated to act in such a way since you before you could wipe your own arse.

Wait. What? You wipe your own arse? Pauper, get a personal assistant.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't think anyone has a problem with players protesting, as you say, it's their right as Americans.
But at the same time many Americans feel that the flag is a symbol of those rights and showing what many believe is disrespect toward the flag is not the right approach.

I would have taken the players gathering at mid field right after the anthem to raise awareness of their cause with much more enthusiasm.

how about......all sport teams stay in the locker room until AFTER the anthem.....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
It's not the kneeling that people have a problem with. These athletes makes way more money then they should and are giving none of it back to the communities who are suffering while they live beyond the means of normal man. Fight for equality but don't whine for it. This is attention seeking behavior and nothing more...none of them will do the right thing and help make this world better. They'll just kneel like cowards.

What? Tons of athletes have personal charities and do community work. Why are you making stuff up?

Politics and sports...next it will be our children's cartoons..."Today Dora visits the White House. Up next. Diago gets deported. See why that's bad on this all new episode." That's where we are heading...right down the toilet...if there's water.

Children's entertainment has already been corrupted. Example

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sounds like a silly reason. Do it or else it is disrespectful. Why? You don't even sound like you know why we should respect it with that reasoning you gave me.

So Because I was raised to be respectful it was wrong? I think maybe you young ones need to learnb a little respect for everyone else.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wait. What? You wipe your own arse? Pauper, get a personal assistant.

I have a rare condition in which I was born with a Dog’s arse...

I have no need for wiping...
Though the carpet gets messy every now and then.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Respect is earned, not demanded.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Respect is earned, not demanded.

Maybe that's what's missing with these protests

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I've been saying pretty much the same thing on ATS all weekend. If it were a protest against America, they'd cover their eyes with one hand, and hold up their middle finger at the flag, with the other hand.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This action is also a form of protest. Which is another right covered by the First Amendment. You can't complain about it being violent because they are just kneeling and not doing anything else.

Ok, but what are they protesting? What do they want to accomplish? What is the optimal end goal?

So far I have yet to hear sensible answers to these question.

This all seemed to start with Stephen Curry's comments yesterday saying he would not visit the White House as is the norm for championship sports teams. Trump responded to this by withdrawing his invitation to the White House. The Trump bashing then came in and people were pissed off saying we will unite despite his actions.

But these kneeling protests only further divide us. The proper action would've been to attend the White House visit and use it as an opportunity to say and show that despite our differences, we are still all human. There would've been no bashing, no hatred, no protesting.

Instead the nation took the low road and are protesting something. I don't even think God knows what they want at this point.
edit on 9/25/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

link   

It would be if we did not already know that the players are kneeling for an entirely different reason.

This is passive aggression.

link   

So Because I was raised to be respectful it was wrong? I think maybe you young ones need to learnb a little respect for everyone else.

Assuming us “young ones” need to learn respect is a little disrespectful actually...

Besides, respect is earned...
Flags, anthems, both inanimate & have no need for respect...

You wasn’t raised to be respectful in regards to the flag, you were raised to be obedient...
There is a gigantic difference.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

It's not the kneeling that people have a problem with.

Wrong. Skim over this thread (HERE) and you'll see just how many posters right here are pissed off about the kneeling.

These athletes makes way more money then they should and are giving none of it back to the communities who are suffering while they live beyond the means of normal man.

Wrong again. Not only do many of these players have massive charity operations, but the guy who started this all (Colin Kaepernick) was just honored for his charity work a week and a half ago.

Colin Kaepernick honored by players' union for charity work

Anyone reading this can do a simple google search and see the massive amounts of charity work and charitable foundations that these athletes are involved in. Google is your friend.

Also, it's funny that you're complaining about politics and sports when it was the PRESIDENT OF THE USA that made this into a big deal in the first place! If the top politician in the country wouldn't have started urging boycotts of sports teams, then we wouldn't be seeing all of this commotion in the first place.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IRexxx

It would be if we did not already know that the players are kneeling for an entirely different reason.

This is passive aggression.

The founding fathers fought for the right to protest and air your grievances without reprisal. Kneeling during the flag is protesting a grievance with racial equality. So how am I wrong here?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Assuming us “young ones” need to learn respect is a little disrespectful actually...

You wasn’t raised to be respectful in regards to the flag, you were raised to be obedient...

Respectfulness and obedience to commonly agreed-upon law are the foundation of every civilization.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

As someone who owns first editions of the federalist papers I can confirm this..

James Madison, in particular, was a huge Patriots fan...
He longed for the day when the nfl would address and hopefully disrespect the flag...
In particular, federalist paper article 10 specifically names Kaepenick as a better backup for Brady than Garappolo because of Kapernicks “tweet game”..

Hamilton and Jay were Cowboys fans and fell on the side of Jerry Jones that politics don’t belong on the football field...
Hamilton speaks on the Tony Romo/Dak Prescott dilemma in article 20 but stays out of the flag ceremony...

-Chris

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

#. All you have to do is watch any professional sports game. They will mention at least one or two of the players' charities at least once during the 3 hour broadcast. Not to mention the players themselves will have billboards displayed around the stadiums advertising their charities too.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IRexxx

Respectfulness and obedience to commonly agreed-upon law are the foundation of every civilization.

What’s Law got to do with this?

Nada!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Tom Brady

"Yeah, I certainly disagree with what (Trump) said. I thought it was just divisive," he told "Kirk and Callahan" on Boston's WEEI Monday in his most extensive comments on the subject.

Brady -- who locked arms with teammates during the national anthem on Sunday -- continued, "Like I said, I just want to support my teammates. I am never one to say, 'Oh, that is wrong. That is right.' I do believe in what I believe in. I believe in bringing people together and respect and love and trust. Those are the values that my parents instilled in me. That is how I try and live every day."

Brady also told "Kirk and Callahan" that he thinks "everyone has the right to do whatever they want to do. If you don't agree, that is fine. You can voice your disagreement, I think that is great. It's part of our democracy. As long as it is done in a peaceful, respectful way, that is what our country has been all about."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join