It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

What part of what I said is false?

Let me guess, if this was the 60s you'd argue that minorities had equal rights because they were granted voting rights by the 14th Amendment.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hey man don't be mad we have the start of a good team after the last 7 of total dissapointment. Starting when McNabb gave up every third quarter.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Constitution applies to the Federal government. It does NOT apply to the NFL, a private ball club. It is against the bylaws of the NFL to not be there, standing, with your helmet in your left hand, for the National Anthem. What on earth are you on about? They fine players for all sorts of things, both on and off the field. You just do not get it. THESE PLAYERS ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS! They are athlete/actors. And they are destroying their industry. All because they don't like the president? They don't like the way LOCAL trials are carried out? Nonsense. You did not fight to protect the rights of workers to protest for BLM while on the job. If that is what you fought for, I pity you. If they don't like their jobs, they may quit. THAT is freedom, and they are welcome to it.

link   
a reply to: notsure1

All I said was "I rest my case". You automatically thought I was referring to race. And now you're pretending that you're a psychic who can read the minds of people you've never met over the internet. Not credible.

In fact, my original response to you (HERE) doesn't even mention race, though it does mention conservatives being:

anti-government, pro-govt shutdown, anti-social safety net for American citizens, pro-"wave the flag of a hostile nation that literally rebelled against the US govt and fought a war that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans"

Even your response to that post didn't mention race. Yet you automatically assumed "I rest my case" was about race. Why?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Ix-nay on the Ourteenth Amendment Fay.

(I don't think the Doc likes, you know, the whole Constitution.)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

What part of what I said is false?

Let me guess, if this was the 60s you'd argue that minorities had equal rights because they were granted voting rights by the 14th Amendment.

Nothing. That is what you and the hive mind believe.

I believe that your thoughts on the matter are frightening.
edit on 25-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Controversial situations aside, my point rests. The police are going to get involved regardless if they are needed or not.

link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

Seeing as the bosses(team owners) of these people joined their protest yesterday I think they are OK with it.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: carewemust

I've heard nothing of the sort. The NFL seems to be supporting the players here so if they do they aren't honoring it. But I would disbelieve that claim until I saw evidence of the rule existing.

Okay, Sean Hannity was reading that from the NFL contract that players sign. But I will wait until I get home where I can research it myself.

As a followup, I will take literally anything that Sean Hannity says with a HUGE grain of salt.

link   

originally posted by: luthier
Hey man don't be mad we have the start of a good team after the last 7 of total dissapointment. Starting when McNabb gave up every third quarter.

If Kim Jung Chubs nuked the Eagles game I would only be mildly upset. Particularly if he happened to catch Randall Cunningham at the event.

I refuse to watch the NFL this year! Not about all this kneeling stuff, but because my Giants suck nards.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sit it out would seem to be an appropriate course of action... it's not like the Bundy's never left the property to buy food and whatnot. As I said, the public's safety and interests weren't at risk there.

The public certainly didn't feel that way.

Hey, how much did it cost the taxpayers to clean up the Bundys' mess again?

Significantly less than it cost tax payers to clean up the protesters' mess in the Dakotas.

And probably a lot less than it will eventually cost to clean up the United States from the on-going effects of global warming ...

Since we're side-stepping and acting assish

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Now those are the words of a True Fan!

link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

How exactly did you rest your case and win with athat comment then? LOL I wasnt being racist but you did just assume I was.

And dont assume we have never had discussion before you might be surprised at often you have agreed with me in the past.

link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Controversial situations aside, my point rests. The police are going to get involved regardless if they are needed or not.

We agree on that point.

To be honest, I agree that the nation has a problem with the militarization of police and, especially from where I stand, the expansion of federal law enforcement's presence in state and local matters. I do not, however, believe protests of the national anthem by football players is the proper venue for attracting attention to the problem.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Seeing as the bosses(team owners) of these people joined their protest yesterday I think they are OK with it.

... and the NFL Commissioner made it clear that players have rights just like all Americans.

link   

Old Eli going to be tugging nervously on his shoulder pads all season. It's OK surely you had some fun when the Eagles tanked under Kelly's second season.

Also pretty sure Jesus would save Carson Wentz in your twisted scenario. Don't be touching Randall now.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

1) The NFL is supporting them in this protest. Trump pissed off Roger Goodell and the owners too. The players have the management's support.
2) Prove it is in their contract to have to stand there for the national anthem. They didn't even have to be on the field until 2009
3) They ARE doing their jobs. After the national anthem ends both teams continue to go on and play a game of football. During the week they still practice for their positions and prepare for the next team. During the off season they still train and lift weights to stay ready for next season.
4) I fought for the right to protest. I don't get the right to choose what is acceptable to protest or not.
5) Cut out the hyperbole. They aren't destroying their industry.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: StunPrix

originally posted by: StunPrix

a reply to: StunPrix

Tell that to Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and several other billionaires.

Ok??? Do you ever make cogent argument?

LOL. More cogent than implying that folks with money only vote Republican? Sure.

See above.

I claimed that for each additional dollar a person earns that person becomes less likely to vote democrat. You are maddening. Go outside.

Got a source for that claim?

The median household income of a Trump voter so far in the primaries is about $72,000, based on estimates derived from exit polls and Census Bureau data. That’s lower than the $91,000 median for Kasich voters. But it’s well above the national median household income of about $56,000. It’s also higher than the median income for Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders supporters,

fivethirtyeight.com...

An individual’s likelihood of being a Democrat decreases with every additional dollar he or she earns. Democrats have a huge advantage (63 percent) with voters earning less than $15,000 per year. This advantage carries forward for individuals earning up to $50,000 per year, and then turns in the Republicans’ favor — with just 36 percent of individuals earning more than $200,000 per year supporting Democrat

www.debt.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Bring back the USFL!

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join