It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sit it out would seem to be an appropriate course of action... it's not like the Bundy's never left the property to buy food and whatnot. As I said, the public's safety and interests weren't at risk there.

The public certainly didn't feel that way.

Hey, how much did it cost the taxpayers to clean up the Bundys' mess again?

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: StunPrix

a reply to: StunPrix

Tell that to Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and several other billionaires.

Ok??? Do you ever make cogent argument?

LOL. More cogent than implying that folks with money only vote Republican? Sure.

See above.

I claimed that for each additional dollar a person earns that person becomes less likely to vote democrat. You are maddening. Go outside.

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: notsure1

That's funny since you're the only one out of the 2 of us who jumped to "race" as the possible interpretation for your words. So why did you automatically assume that I thought you meant race?

Because you did.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Absolutely disgusting. How would you keep up with your training when the dept doesn't pay for it as well.

I used to compete in grappling on a regular basis and have done three gun races and other marksmanship competitions.

Those skills are not a take a class and set for life type of skill when dealing with meth lords and heroine cats..

link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Exactly. Regardless of how people want to spin this, it has nothing to do with hating the US. It has to do with the fact that the system is apparently stacked against blacks, if not all non-whites.

The various reactions of our President should be proof enough of this. Shout neo-Nazi slogans and terrorize a town with violence, including the murder of a young woman? You might be a fine person.

Spend a couple minutes silently and peacefully protesting? You're a son of a b***h that needs to be fired.

And that's just a pretty superficial example. The Civil Rights Movement never ended. It just stopped being in the spotlight.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

A few people were kneeling to protest police brutality. 100+ more kneeled yesterday to protest the POTUS' infringement on our First Amendment rights.

If that is a practice or custom that is OK, now, in the U.S., then I don't want to give deference to the flag of such a nation. It's a nation that has allowed the government to stop working for the benefit of the people.

And you know what the founders expected us to do when that happened.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

LOL. More cogent than implying that folks with money only vote Republican? Sure.

See above.

I claimed that for each additional dollar a person earns that person becomes less likely to vote democrat. You are maddening. Go outside.

Got a source for that claim?

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Refresh the Tree of Liberty with ESPN's blood?

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Exactly. Regardless of how people want to spin this, it has nothing to do with hating the US. It has to do with the fact that the system is apparently stacked against blacks, if not all non-whites.

The various reactions of our President should be proof enough of this. Shout neo-Nazi slogans and terrorize a town with violence, including the murder of a young woman? You might be a fine person.

Spend a couple minutes silently and peacefully protesting? You're a son of a b***h that needs to be fired.

And that's just a pretty superficial example. The Civil Rights Movement never ended. It just stopped being in the spotlight.

God help us all if this is what the hive mind believes!

link   
Why not take a knee for better healthcare or lower taxes? How about "We Stand With Chicago"? They are all taking a knee because of police oppression, right?

It is their 'right' to free speech but it is their 'job' they are performing. I think that is what is missed as a reason a lot of people are angry. I could care less. Try to wear shoes or a patch or something else to represent something fine. That is freedom of expression and as long as it is not against the rules go for it.

However, when you sign a contract and have a job you are paid. If the owners of the team say yes then go for it otherwise do it on your own time. No one watches that part of the game. Hell, most people catch the highlights on ESPN or local news so stand tall and proud there but this is one of the craziest distractions ever.

Then, to suddenly make it as if it is all Trump fault. When did we as a society get to the point that we listen to sports players, actors and comedians for guidance but fault our government for our problems?

This is going to really hurt the NFL and then it will be "trump killed the NFL"....

Your job is to play football. That is what you are there for. Focus on the job at hand and promote the cause anytime outside that 3 hours of prime time.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Refresh the Tree of Liberty with ESPN's blood?

Not ESPN's!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I don't think this bs is going to hurt football anymore than twitter.

link   

Not ESPN's!

Errr, the Philthadelphia Eagles? Final answer!

link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Why don't you take a knee for what you find most critical as these players are doing?

Rather than merely carping about what they are, you know, doing.

Kneeling is a sign of respect. The Anthem takes less than 1% of the average game.

I think something else is bothering people here ...
edit on 25-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Have you ever known law enforcement to not get involved when they know about an illegal action taking place?

Hmmm....
Certainly not on the federal level... unless, of course, the illegal action was being performed by a government official (ie illegal we servers or gun running to Mexican cartels), then the federal LEOs seem to contract a serious case of Dr Bellow's disorder.

link   

See above.

Yip yip.

link   

See above.

Got a source for that claim?

My guess is it came from head office:

link   

a reply to: carewemust

I've heard nothing of the sort. The NFL seems to be supporting the players here so if they do they aren't honoring it. But I would disbelieve that claim until I saw evidence of the rule existing.

Okay, Sean Hannity was reading that from the NFL contract that players sign. But I will wait until I get home where I can research it myself.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Like the soft shoe wasnt fast enough?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sit it out would seem to be an appropriate course of action... it's not like the Bundy's never left the property to buy food and whatnot. As I said, the public's safety and interests weren't at risk there.

The public certainly didn't feel that way.

Hey, how much did it cost the taxpayers to clean up the Bundys' mess again?

Significantly less than it cost tax payers to clean up the protesters' mess in the Dakotas.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join