It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

You are 1000% right in everything you said above.

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It means that no individual - no man, no man, no child - is forced to stand, forced to put their hand over their chest, because they have to. Because they have the freedom NOT to.

You are correct on this, no argument..... but, it's their reason for not standing or respecting is the so called issue.

So what is the issue?.... racial discrimination, oppression. If that's the case, what about the fact that the previous President of the United Sates was a black man. Doesn't seem like racial discrimination or oppression to me.

Some people just love to hang on to the "it's not fair, I can't this or I can't that because of.... wah, wah, wah.

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: notsure1

Loving a country and being patriotic have absolutely nothing to do with a flag or national anthem. What good is worshiping a country's flag if you don't care about the rights or healthcare of the citizens who live within that country's borders? Or don't care about that country's environment or infrastructure?

Loving a country would include things like ending homelessness and poverty within that country; making sure that country's troops aren't being sacrificed in wars for Halliburton; making sure that every adult has the right to vote; making sure that every citizen can practice the religion or nonreligion of their choice; etc. That's what it means for us to stand together; not some ritual that has no real life implications.

And the last time I checked, conservatives are the ones who are largely anti-government, pro-govt shutdown, anti-social safety net for American citizens, pro-"wave the flag of a hostile nation that literally rebelled against the US govt and fought a war that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans". That doesn't seem like loving the country at all.

That "we just love our country, dammit" spiel might work with other people. But you're going to have to try a lot harder than that w/me. lol

I am not a conservative or a liberal, I voted for obama and Trump I am an enigma. The anthem is sacred you stand the F### up when its played. Out of respect for the people around you that do actually love their country.

This is exacly why Brady was standing not kneeling and all the owners were standing not kneeling and the vast majority of players were standing not kneeling.

Just because you and your kind dont find it sacred you shoudnt disrespect those of us that do

I rest my case.

I meant liberal but I bet your gonna cry racist..

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't think anyone has a problem with players protesting, as you say, it's their right as Americans.
But at the same time many Americans feel that the flag is a symbol of those rights and showing what many believe is disrespect toward the flag is not the right approach.

I would have taken the players gathering at mid field right after the anthem to raise awareness of their cause with much more enthusiasm.

Perhaps the protestors today see the flag as a symbol of a government that practices military aggression in violation of international law instead of a symbol regarding rights?

Perhaps they see it as a symbol of a government under which driving while black and unarmed can get you killed, even as the killer gets a promotion?

Perhaps they see the flag as being a symbol of a government with the highest per capita rate of imprisonment in the world ?

Perhaps they see the flag as being a symbol of a government headed up by a belligerent bigot with a foul mouth?

Lotsa possible reasons is my point.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: StunPrix

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: StunPrix

Tell that to Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and several other billionaires.

Ok??? Do you ever make cogent argument?

Coming from "each dollar made is a lost vote for the Democrats," this is hilarious.

Wut? It's a fact that for each additional dollar a person earns he or she becomes less likely to vote democrat. There's good reason the dnc advocates raising min wage, subsidized healthcare, etc. Democrats are the party of the poor.

www.debt.org...

fivethirtyeight.com...

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What else were they to do? They sent in the troops but were too scared to use them lest they turn those lawbreakers into martyrs. But if they weren't even going to listen to armed federal agents, what makes you think they'd listen to local pd? Plus it was a federal nature preserve. When you violate federal laws, they send in federal troops and you go to federal prison over it.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Exactly. My first post in this very thread alluded to this by mentioning that some of these people still think black Americans were better off under slavery. That's a quick way to lose credibility with me.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Loving a country and being patriotic have absolutely nothing to do with a flag or national anthem. What good is worshiping a country's flag if you don't care about the rights or healthcare of the citizens who live within that country's borders? Or don't care about that country's environment or infrastructure?

Loving a country would include things like ending homelessness and poverty within that country; making sure that country's troops aren't being sacrificed in wars for Halliburton; making sure that every adult has the right to vote; making sure that every citizen can practice the religion or nonreligion of their choice; etc. That's what it means for us to stand together; not some ritual that has no real life implications.

And the last time I checked, conservatives are the ones who are largely anti-government, pro-govt shutdown, anti-social safety net for American citizens, pro-"wave the flag of a hostile nation that literally rebelled against the US govt and fought a war that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans". That doesn't seem like loving the country at all.

That "we just love our country, dammit" spiel might work with other people. But you're going to have to try a lot harder than that w/me. lol

I am not a conservative or a liberal, I voted for obama and Trump I am an enigma. The anthem is sacred you stand the F### up when its played. Out of respect for the people around you that do actually love their country.

This is exacly why Brady was standing not kneeling and all the owners were standing not kneeling and the vast majority of players were standing not kneeling.

Just because you and your kind dont find it sacred you shoudnt disrespect those of us that do

I rest my case.

Dude voted for Obama AND Trump?

Huh. Didn't know the world "gullible," and "enigma," were interchangeable.

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Isn't that just saying you must agree with my point of view or opinion.

No, there's a difference between respect and adherence, and it's called "deference." This current argument seems to be generated from immense butt hurt displayed by people over the fact that not everyone is applauding these millionares who play a game over the fact that they're kneeling to make themselves the center of attention for a 2 minute tradition that is intended to center attention on the US flag. The only reason we have the flag and anthem at sporting events is to let our troops, who often are in a state of life or death while we're enjoying our leisure activities "Hey, we're thinking of you guys, too... please accept this ridiculously minor nod of respect in which we take 2 minutes of our time to acknowledge that while we're sitting here downing beer and snarfing hot dogs watching grown men play a game, we realize you guys are risking your asses to grant us a country where this type of frivolity can take place."

link   

Specifically to the NFL, I just heard on the radio that the league has a rule stating that players must stand during the national anthem. Is that true?

link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: intrepid

a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I mean the incident that lead to rioting. According to you.

Well obviously he didn't do nothing right?

Right. Until you point out what it was that led to this.

His actions.

His actions and his actions alone led to all that took place.

Which lead to what outcome? You seem to be having another of those reading comprehension episodes.

Or is that just your confirmation bias that makes you ignore everything you don't like?

No. You are saying that they rioted because he was a criminal. I seriously doubt that.

Nope never said that.

But they did riot over a criminal.

Why? Again.

Still waiting. You posted that with no link. No timeline. No name. I'd check it myself as it seems to be difficult for you but I've got nothing to go on.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

We could start with officers' pay.

I just found out this weekend that in and around the ATLANTA area, cops start out as low as $30K per year.

That is ... absurd, ridiculous, outrageous, mind-numbing and disgusting to say the least.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sit it out would seem to be an appropriate course of action... it's not like the Bundy's never left the property to buy food and whatnot. As I said, the public's safety and interests weren't at risk there.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I rest my case.

DANG IT! Another keyboard ruined from Coke Zero spewed all over it!!

I've got to stop hanging out with you guys...

link   
a reply to: carewemust

I've heard nothing of the sort. The NFL seems to be supporting the players here so if they do they aren't honoring it. But I would disbelieve that claim until I saw evidence of the rule existing.

link   

That's funny since you're the only one out of the 2 of us who jumped to "race" as the possible interpretation for your words. So why did you automatically assume that I thought you meant race?

link   

a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I mean the incident that lead to rioting. According to you.

Well obviously he didn't do nothing right?

Right. Until you point out what it was that led to this.

His actions.

His actions and his actions alone led to all that took place.

Which lead to what outcome? You seem to be having another of those reading comprehension episodes.

Or is that just your confirmation bias that makes you ignore everything you don't like?

No. You are saying that they rioted because he was a criminal. I seriously doubt that.

Nope never said that.

But they did riot over a criminal.

Why? Again.

Still waiting. You posted that with no link. No timeline. No name. I'd check it myself as it seems to be difficult for you but I've got nothing to go on.

I feel sorry you are so out of the loop on current events that you pretend to have insight on.

Keep watching and reading the news. You might have some relevant input next time champ.

link   

I rest my case.

There is that MO. LMAO. I vote for who I think might be the best candidate to make America better. I could not care less about left or right or black or white. I only care about green, money and w...

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Have you ever known law enforcement to not get involved when they know about an illegal action taking place?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Specifically to the NFL, I just heard on the radio that the league has a rule stating that players must stand during the national anthem. Is that true?

Yes and no. It's in the League Operations Manual, but not in the CBA-agreed upon rule book. That said, Goodell has penalized players and teams over operations manual violations in the past, so he's employing selective enforcement on this issue.

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join