It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: StunPrix

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: StunPrix

Tell that to Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and several other billionaires.

Ok??? Do you ever make cogent argument?

LOL. More cogent than implying that folks with money only vote Republican? Sure.

See above.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You mean like illegally occupying a nature preserve over land you never legally owned?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Hey, when you send your money, include a magnifying glass if you want me to read crap like that.

Just grab the one you have setting by your toilet.

LOL ... it's sitting.

link   

Hey I wonder if there is a propaganda website I can get clip art from for my beliefs?

Anyone know of like a top ten list or anything?

edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: notsure1

Loving a country and being patriotic have absolutely nothing to do with a flag or national anthem. What good is worshiping a country's flag if you don't care about the rights or healthcare of the citizens who live within that country's borders? Or don't care about that country's environment or infrastructure?

Loving a country would include things like ending homelessness and poverty within that country; making sure that country's troops aren't being sacrificed in wars for Halliburton; making sure that every adult has the right to vote; making sure that every citizen can practice the religion or nonreligion of their choice; etc. That's what it means for us to stand together; not some ritual that has no real life implications.

And the last time I checked, conservatives are the ones who are largely anti-government, pro-govt shutdown, anti-social safety net for American citizens, pro-"wave the flag of a hostile nation that literally rebelled against the US govt and fought a war that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans". That doesn't seem like loving the country at all.

That "we just love our country, dammit" spiel might work with other people. But you're going to have to try a lot harder than that w/me. lol

I am not a conservative or a liberal, I voted for obama and Trump I am an enigma. The anthem is sacred you stand the F### up when its played. Out of respect for the people around you that do actually love their country.

This is exacly why Brady was standing not kneeling and all the owners were standing not kneeling and the vast majority of players were standing not kneeling.

Just because you and your kind dont find it sacred you shoudnt disrespect those of us that do

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hey, when you send your money, include a magnifying glass if you want me to read crap like that.

LOL ... it's sitting.

Or.... setting lol

There you go again trying to control speech.

edit on 25-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

The BLM movement is literally just the latest in a constant series of pro-civil rights movements that have protested against the very same problems. Or have you already forgotten the "Hand's Up, Don't Shoot" and "I Can't Breathe" movements from recent years?

And don't forget that Dr. MLK was assassinated when giving a speech in support of the "Am I Not A Man And A Brother" movement. In fact, these same pro-judicial equality movements have existed since the Fugitive Slave Law introduced a "papers please" law enforcement policy throughout America. And that was before the Civil War even started.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I rarely agree with you and other posters...but Yes, this is absolutely idiotic! I was just sitting here laughing at my memory of the old nighttime drama 'Dallas, Who shot JR?' portion. I was envisioning paring how this all seems so scripted that we may wake up and find Hillary in the white house with some folks not accepting it has all be a dream or misremembered. Uh oh...the Mandella effect!

Have no clue how others will interpret this...but 'we the people' all of us are obviously being played. This is a conspiracy site...we above all, should be uniting to find the real truth. Not lapping up snippets from proproganda on both sides and purveying it as truth. Don't look at where the magicians/illusionists are telling you to look. Think more outside the group think and norm...try to see the hidden agenda for what it is!

edit on 9 25 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

a reply to: Grimpachi

How is it disrespectful to take a knee?

Isn't that a fairly universal human signal for respect?

it's disrespectful because it's about racism, which is something these people who are losing their little minds over it spend all their time proclaiming doesn't even exist. how dare someone try to talk about racism. especially a black person. in MY AMERICA!!!!!!!!!! slobber, drool, foam, belch....

Black Americans need to do more soul-searching and less protesting. I'm planning on starting a thread about that tonight.

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: notsure1

Loving a country and being patriotic have absolutely nothing to do with a flag or national anthem. What good is worshiping a country's flag if you don't care about the rights or healthcare of the citizens who live within that country's borders? Or don't care about that country's environment or infrastructure?

Loving a country would include things like ending homelessness and poverty within that country; making sure that country's troops aren't being sacrificed in wars for Halliburton; making sure that every adult has the right to vote; making sure that every citizen can practice the religion or nonreligion of their choice; etc. That's what it means for us to stand together; not some ritual that has no real life implications.

And the last time I checked, conservatives are the ones who are largely anti-government, pro-govt shutdown, anti-social safety net for American citizens, pro-"wave the flag of a hostile nation that literally rebelled against the US govt and fought a war that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans". That doesn't seem like loving the country at all.

That "we just love our country, dammit" spiel might work with other people. But you're going to have to try a lot harder than that w/me. lol

I am not a conservative or a liberal, I voted for obama and Trump I am an enigma. The anthem is sacred you stand the F### up when its played. Out of respect for the people around you that do actually love their country.

This is exacly why Brady was standing not kneeling and all the owners were standing not kneeling and the vast majority of players were standing not kneeling.

Just because you and your kind dont find it sacred you shoudnt disrespect those of us that do

I rest my case.

link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well, sure you do, but if you're not going to engage in the discussion ... why are you here?

However, I accept your right to silence. Perhaps you can appreciate the player's same right.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

First, thank you for your service.

In regards to honoring or not honoring the flag, I have to disagree with you at least in part.

I understand, as do you, the importance of freedom of speech and that it applies to all speech, not just the speech we like or approve of. The right to speak your mind is incredibly important in a society/nation such as ours.

Now, please bear with me; that is why dishonoring the flag and the national anthem should not happen.

This, simply put, is a very bad case of biting the hand that feeds you. The Constitution, the Flag, the National Anthem, are all symbols of what our nation was founded on: freedom. But here is the catch, if you disrespect and dishonor those symbols of freedom they become less and less effective and eventually lose value. When that happens, you lose the freedoms you were previously granted by the nation those things symbolize.

I remember when willy bill clinton was campaigning for POTUS. He was going to make a stop in Chicago. There were numerous protests planned. The protesters were herded to a small fenced in area a few blocks away from where clinton was going to speak. Many people said their first amendment rights were being violated. The response was simple: you have to right to speak, just do it "over there".

There is a time and a place for everything. Maybe during the National Anthem at a football game is not the time to make your political statement. Tim Tebow took a knee at a football game and the media ripped him apart for it. But, then again, he was just being Christian. He wasn't shaming our nation.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How many stars and flags are you projecting from that one?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You mean like illegally occupying a nature preserve over land you never legally owned?

I think the issue with that was similar to the issue with Waco... it wasn't that folks were pissed over the law being enforced, some of us were pissed because it was a grossly disproportionate federal response that escalated a situation that did not need to be escalated. I didn't agree with what the Bundy family was doing, but then I sure as hell didn't see any pressing need to send in federal agents with militarized gear in a situation where there was no eminent danger to society at large.

With these police killings, we can't say that's the case... in each of them that was either dismissed by a grand jury or lead to an exoneration of the officer, the idea that public safety was threatened was a key point in the police defense.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You mean you plan on starting another thread with your personal theories, even though those theories completely ignore the actual ideas, feelings, experiences, and plans of the people you're talking about? It reminds me of the "women's rights" conferences that only feature male speakers lol. No credibility whatsoever.

ETA: For those who don't know, I'm referring to this thread:

A THEORY - Democrats Dont Hate Trump. They Are Hurt Because Obama Let Them Down.
edit on 25-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

link   

Isn't that just saying you must agree with my point of view or opinion.

link   

LOL ... it's sitting.

Or.... setting lol

There you go again trying to control speech.

Control speech? Nah.

Feel free to remain ignorant and declare such in every post.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's yet another in the long line of "don't worry Black people, we understand all this a lot better than you do."

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Do all the people very upset by NFL players kneeling for social justice believe police officers are well trained, paid, and supported?

Is it possible we may need to look at reforms for a modern Era of multiple threats they respondon't too?

We have given thsee officers the nation's garbage and small town Bobby just can cope with his neighborhood meth dealer (they can be any race) and he grows bitter and traumatized over the years.

How many of you phonies will keep supporting this acting like nothing is wrong?

80 percent of officer by fbi stats are out of shape. More than half critically so. How do you fire a weapon with your heart pounding, dizzy, and out of breath? How do you chase or restrain?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Do you realize that we already gravely disrespect the flag on a daily basis? Just about every one of us has violated the flag honoring codes. enlightenedservant posted this. I suggest you click that and read about how merely wearing a shirt with an American flag on it is disrespectful.

So I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. The flag and anthem are just idols that we've assigned unnecessary status to. They don't represent our rights. To protect our rights, it requires active civics vigilance. Not honoring a symbol. Honoring symbols over the message is how religion got to be so awful.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join