It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I mean the incident that lead to rioting. According to you.

Well obviously he didn't do nothing right?

Right. Until you point out what it was that led to this.

His actions.

His actions and his actions alone led to all that took place.

Which lead to what outcome? You seem to be having another of those reading comprehension episodes.

Or is that just your confirmation bias that makes you ignore everything you don't like?

No. You are saying that they rioted because he was a criminal. I seriously doubt that.

Nope never said that.

But they did riot over a criminal.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Grimpachi

How is it disrespectful to take a knee?

Isn't that a fairly universal human signal for respect?

it's disrespectful because it's about racism, which is something these people who are losing their little minds over it spend all their time proclaiming doesn't even exist. how dare someone try to talk about racism. especially a black person. in MY AMERICA!!!!!!!!!! slobber, drool, foam, belch....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ill ask the same question here?
Why do we stand during the anthem? Respect.. When you dont it is disrespect period.

The flag stands for all fallen Americans not just military.

It even stands for the black people shot by police so why protest it and not the police?

It is disrespectful to alot of us. Im sry you guys cant understand that what they are doing is disrespectful to guys like me.

Are you one of those snowflakes I keep hearing about? The Rights whole attitude toward all of this is very snowflakish. Is it true that we all become what we detest?

If thinking people should show their fellow countrymen respect is being a snowflake then I guess I am.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Hey, you're the one who said "There is no Nazism in America." I pointed out that you were completely and utterly wrong. I never said that there is no left wing violence so your "point" has no relevance.

Nazism if it exists at all in America is so small and fringe that is non existent.

Maybe you should focus your outrage and efforts on something actually is affecting the nation such as black on black crime.

Remember when the "nothing to see here, folks, move along," comments were typically matched with ridicule?

Pepperidge farms remembers.

You guys have been triggered into multiple threads of 50+ pages apart from a hundred or so NFL players..... lol.

Talk about "small and fringe."

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yep. And my point is that these fake flag worshipers don't really care about proper flag protocol

Oh whatever, it is not about worshiping a damm flag . It is about standing up together in a moment of unity and respect and being proud to be an American. No matter what color or religion or sex or political affiliation you are were Americans lets sing our anthem and raise our flag. TOGETHER.

So stop with the worship a flag. We just love our country and are proud to be Americans.

Accept when it's not...then the symbol is literally broken.

So if you want to "All Stand together" you fix it.

Step 1 get rid of police unions. Get rid of IQ caps.

Step 2 restructure forces by specialization from domestic violence units, marksman, swat, entry level having lower risk beat cops who call for backup of specialized units. This already exists in some units.

3 pay must increase along with risk. Bad areas need even better cops..not the other way around.

4 physical fitness requirement. Tactical awareness weekly training through duty rotations.

5 marksmanship weekly. I heard a guy here say his unit allowed out of vehicle shooting. I found this hard to believe having felt a police issue weighted trigger on a 9mm. There is no way officers are trained to fire a weapon from a moving vehicle unless it's every week. Probably once a day to be honest.

The criminal justice reform will help the lives of the officers and the public.

Unions have ruined policing.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

His actions.

Which lead to what outcome? You seem to be having another of those reading comprehension episodes.

Or is that just your confirmation bias that makes you ignore everything you don't like?

No. You are saying that they rioted because he was a criminal. I seriously doubt that.

Nope never said that.

Why?

One syllable. You should be able to parse that.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Hey, you're the one who said "There is no Nazism in America." I pointed out that you were completely and utterly wrong. I never said that there is no left wing violence so your "point" has no relevance.

Nazism if it exists at all in America is so small and fringe that is non existent.

Maybe you should focus your outrage and efforts on something actually is affecting the nation such as black on black crime.

Remember when the "nothing to see here, folks, move along," comments were typically matched with ridicule?

You guys have been triggered into multiple threads of 50+ pages apart from a hundred or so NFL players..... lol.

So now you are calling me a Nazi?

Pretty standard for a leftists such as yourself. Anyone your don't agree with is either a Nazi or a white supremacist.

Well sieg heil mein fraulein!

link   
a reply to: notsure1

Loving a country and being patriotic have absolutely nothing to do with a flag or national anthem. What good is worshiping a country's flag if you don't care about the rights or healthcare of the citizens who live within that country's borders? Or don't care about that country's environment or infrastructure?

Loving a country would include things like ending homelessness and poverty within that country; making sure that country's troops aren't being sacrificed in wars for Halliburton; making sure that every adult has the right to vote; making sure that every citizen can practice the religion or nonreligion of their choice; etc. That's what it means for us to stand together; not some ritual that has no real life implications.

And the last time I checked, conservatives are the ones who are largely anti-government, pro-govt shutdown, anti-social safety net for American citizens, pro-"wave the flag of a hostile nation that literally rebelled against the US govt and fought a war that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans". That doesn't seem like loving the country at all.

That "we just love our country, dammit" spiel might work with other people. But you're going to have to try a lot harder than that w/me. lol
edit on 25-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: notsure1

You just described the guiding "SJW"/Liberal philosophy. So...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Conservatives and liberals may both be violent, but the right-wing's kill count is certainly a lot higher.

Over the past 5 years?

I'd take that bet any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

How much can you afford to lose?

DATE: NOV. 27, 2015
Incident: Robert Louis Dear, a 57-year-old Colorado man, attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs. Armed with four assault rifles and other weapons, Dear killed three people and injured nine others.

DATE: JULY 23, 2015
Incident: John Russell Houser opened fire at a movie theatre during a showing of “Trainwreck,” a film starring the comedian Amy Schumer. He killed two women, ages 21 and 33, and injured nine others before committing suicide. Houser espoused extremist right-wing views and was reportedly an ardent anti-feminist.

DATE: JUNE 8, 2014
Incident: Jerad and Amanda Miller, a couple who shared their extreme anti-government positions through videos posted online, shot and killed two Las Vegas police officers, and later killed a civilian in Walmart store. The Millers had spent time on Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s property during protests related to Bundy’s dispute with the federal government.

DATE: APRIL 13, 2014
Incident: Frazier Glenn Cross, a former Ku Klux Klan leader, opened fire on two Jewish sites in a Kansas City suburb on Passover eve, killing a doctor and his 14-year-old grandson and a third woman. Cross shouted “Heil Hitler” as he was taken into custody.

So there's 10 in the last three years and I didn't even try hard. Do you need my address to send your money?

Source

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: RomeByFire

I know. I like to call them Conservative Justice Warriors

Anti-justice* warriors

They want to see Constituional rights of Americans stripped because of a flag and an anthem.

It's worrying. I will make sure to exercise my Constituional rights as much as possible, to ensure the maximum level of triggering the anti-justice movement can endure.

"An American exercising Constituional rights?"

"AAAAHHHHHHH NOT IN MUH MURICA I AM SO OUTRAGED AHHHHHHH"

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

How is it disrespectful to take a knee?

Isn't that a fairly universal human signal for respect?

They have a right to take a knee and not be clear as to why they are doing it or how it is supposed to impact things.

I have a right to not like it and find it disrespectful as well as not explain why.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

This started because of the BLM movement. The BLM movement gets seed money from the CPUSA as well as Soros. Both are dedicated to destroying our republic, to me this is a fact. Because NFL is not wise to that is not my problem. It is their problem. They need to figure it out.

These activities have weakened the NFL and will continue to do so. Maybe the NFL should allow ANTIFA to do the half time shows as well?

link   

a reply to: StunPrix

Tell that to Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and several other billionaires.

Ok??? Do you ever make cogent argument?

link   

His actions.

Nope never said that.

Why?

One syllable. You should be able to parse that.

Because all they needed was an excuse. There's your answer, Trep. All they needed was an excuse to destroy, to riot, to make asses of themselves. It's not a new storyline... it's simply the current age of mankind. We've seen it in LA, Oakland, St Louis, Baltimore, Seattle, Berkley, and Portland... given any excuse, there's an element in modern society who will hit the ground running and act like animals escaping a zoo so long as their numbers are great enough that the police are forced to simply perform crowd control rather than isolate criminals for arrest and justice.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You're going to need an bigger envelope if that is all you got.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

So now you are calling me a Nazi?

Pretty standard for a leftists such as yourself. Anyone your don't agree with is either a Nazi or a white supremacist.

Well sieg heil mein fraulein!

1. Registered Republican.
2. Voted for Ron Paul
3. Didn't call you anything, learn to read above an eighth grade level, but if the shoe fits...
4. Go spout off your Hitler rhetoric somewhere else

ETA: typical Trump cultists.

Assume everyone who doesn't share your cults sentiment as a "liberal." Lol.

You people are so blinded by your partisan sunglasses, it's amusing.

I've been called a liberal so many times on ATS. Each and every time I'm called a liberal, I remind myself that poster has absolutely no credibility.

The list continues to grow.

I VEHEMENTLY opposed Obama, and Bush. And Clinton. And Trump.

YOU voted for Obama, dumbass libtard.
edit on 25-9-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Hey, when you send your money, include a magnifying glass if you want me to read crap like that.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: StunPrix

a reply to: StunPrix

Tell that to Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and several other billionaires.

Ok??? Do you ever make cogent argument?

Coming from "each dollar made is a lost vote for the Democrats," this is hilarious.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Edited to keep the peace.
edit on 25-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join