It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ill ask the same question here?
Why do we stand during the anthem? Respect.. When you dont it is disrespect period.

The flag stands for all fallen Americans not just military.

It even stands for the black people shot by police so why protest it and not the police?

It is disrespectful to alot of us. Im sry you guys cant understand that what they are doing is disrespectful to guys like me.

Are you one of those snowflakes I keep hearing about? The Rights whole attitude toward all of this is very snowflakish. Is it true that we all become what we detest?

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The problem is not the players' "taking a knee.

A message represented by a silent action which occurs in much less than 1% of the game time is ruining the game for so many?

No.

Many of these people cannot abide that the ongoing issue of racial discrimination is brought to their attention every week and to the attention of the nation and that the issue is being forced again.

No truer words have ever been spoken.

It's not the action that's bothering them - its the message. If there was legislation passed that further restricted access to guns, and some athletes protested by doing this same action, there would be no disagreement, believe me.

link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

That is pretty disgusting propaganda in my opinion.

I am literally sickened by political use of wounded warriors. Even if "they wanted it"

This is not an issue that requires the use of wounded soldiers as propaganda.

Now I feel disrespected for the loved ones duty in my life.

link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
If nothing else people need to stand for those who can no longer stand....

You bet.

Best post in the whole thread right there.

peace

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why do conservatives even try to boycott stuff. The fact of the matter is that most companies, people or industry do not care because their wallets are barely dealt a blow. I mean the NFL doesn't care.
When the left does it, they take notice.

I am not saying this to anger people, I am just stating a fact.

This is why the conservatives crying and whining about this, really do not matter since they will affect not change whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Edumakated

The difference here is that Google didn't stand with their employees. You are clearly skipping over the little fact that the NFL, the owners, and the coaches are all supporting the players on this. The NFL has every right to take action against the players as their employees, but if they are standing with them then your argument is moot. Which is the case.

No, Google didn't care one bit what their employee posted until leftist got wind of it weeks later when it was leaked to social media. The subsequent PR nightmare from triggered SJWs is what caused Google to all of a sudden decide they needed to virtue signal and fire the guy.

The NFL owners probably think the right PR move is to be supportive since progressives tend be far more vocal, but I think this will bite them in the azz. I don't think the players have as much support as the media is trying to spin.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: MrPitts
You take a knee disrespecting what I believe is wrong, I protest with my wallet or don't go to that event anymore. I don't have to acknowledge their actions just like they choose to protest by taking a knee to the anthem or flag on which I respect a lot and honor for I know what it means to me.

To me this is nothing but manufactured drama to keep the masses wound on dumb issues.

You seem wound on it, yourself, but I'm sure you're above to the masses in all ways considered.

Elitism is fun.

Besides, Trump is the one who manufactured it over the weekend in the first place. No one was really discussing this issue much anymore until Trump had to open his stupid diarrhea hole. Now the whole NFL is pissed off at him and we are all talking about this issue thanks to him.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I mean the incident that lead to rioting. According to you.

Well obviously he didn't do nothing right?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

There is no Nazism in America.

I'm guessing you missed this, huh?
edit on 25-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The problem is that nobody has said the protesters don't have the right to protest. Having the right to do something doesn't mean choosing to exercise that right will be devoid of consequences. Americans who disagree with the reasoning behind the protests, or simply the manner chosen by which to protest, are 100% withing their rights to disagree, criticize, and even boycott over it. That fact seems to have been lost in the background noise here. Having the right to do something DOES NOT mean everyone supporting Constitutional Rights should applaud the exercise of that right or be considered opposed to the right.

link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Right. Until you point out what it was that led to this.

link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Well maybe the NFL will change their minds later down the line too. In any case, as it stands the NFL is supportive of this while Google ultimately wasn't. The reasoning why isn't relevant. A company is allowed to fire their employees if they want. Though NFL players are contract players and not at will employees (I believe). So firing them may not be as simple anyways.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: TonyS

Yep. And my point is that these fake flag worshipers don't really care about proper flag protocol, respecting or disrespecting the flag, etc. Otherwise they'd know this stuff and wouldn't enabling it. This is all fake outrage & a manufactured scandal so Trump can both reinvigorate his base and deflect attention from his recent political losses.

The Gulf Coast, all of Florida, and Puerto Rico have all been battered by hurricanes recently. One of our 3 biggest trade partners just got its capital city hammered by an earthquake, we're still in a nuclear pissing contest with North Korea, and Congress is once again trying to pass a repeal of the ACA/Obamacare. So guess which one Trump & the media decided to turn into a national issue? If you guessed "none of the above", you'd be mostly correct.

Notice how folks aren't discussing the GOP's
epic failure on their repeal.

What's the end date for that, again?

Just like the wall, Hillary going to prison, defeating IS, no more regime change.... it was all just campaign rhetoric.

Instead of focusing on that, though, Trump cultists are reminding everyone how disrespectful it is to exercise Constituional rights as an American in America.

You can't make this # up.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh really? You don't say? I've been saying this exact thing to right wing assholes who declare they just HAVE to be politically incorrect just because they have the right to do so for years now.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPitts

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: MrPitts

Well white on white crimes by the thousands bit why make sensible arguments.

Roof was found to be in conversation with white nationalists.

A literal KKK leader shot up a Jewish daycare not long ago.

Hey I bat to the right myself but I have to admit that both sides are frightening idiots. The far right just has more ties to fire arms....though I have seen some scary Antifa pics too with firearm training.

To win even a conservative argument you can't ignore the truth.

The left perpetuates the crime through mayors and police chiefs far more often than direct.

Until Antifa. Who knows where they will go.

I can tell you what. If you ignore the right nutters or justify them you will find a street war that screws everyone. Sometimes it's easier to call out your team for change than the "other guys".

I don't justify their or the lefts nonesense but you cannot deny their right to protest no matter how much anyone despises their affiliations.

Honestly think the FBI is being really lazy on putting these nutters behind bars.

I can not deny their right to protest. I can deny their right if I can prove their is a pretty arranged conspiracy to insight violence. If you read the propaganda the are producing, hear me out theoretically, if they are producing this for a response and teaching members how to push the limits where is the line?

Same with kap...if fans starting getting clubbed to death it's time to stop. Nothing justifies the inciting of riots and no more innocent people get killed then in those situations.

If kap is doing it to make the NFL lose money again it's not free speech.

Their are many arguments here in these debates but they aren't hysterical symbolism.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

There is no Nazism in America.

I'm guessing you missed this, huh?

Two can play this game

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966
"President Trump’s recent remarks suggesting NFL team owners should fire players who kneel during the national anthem could be a federal crime.

18 U.S. Code § 227 stipulates that any federal employee, member of Congress, or member of the executive branch is forbidden from using their position within the federal government to influence the employment decisions of a private business, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation. The penalty for doing so could result in fines and incarceration of up to 15 years, and anyone who is found guilty of violating that law could even be disqualified from holding office:

(a)Whoever, being a covered government person, with the intent to influence, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation, an employment decision or employment practice of any private entity—

(1) takes or withholds, or offers or threatens to take or withhold, an official act, or

(2) influences or offers or threatens to influence, the official act of another shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than 15 years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honour, trust, or profit under the United States.

It’s worth noting that U.S. Code specifies that no federal employee is exempt from the law, including the President of the United States."

Interesting. This is the stuff people should be talking about. He may be facing civil AND criminal penalties carrying on like he is.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Right. Until you point out what it was that led to this.

His actions.

His actions and his actions alone led to all that took place.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MrPitts

He COULD have been anything, but he was a conservative protester. Stop trying to shift the goal posts around and admit that conservatives and liberals are both being violent in this country. Damn... It astounds me how much conservative posters like to worm out of admitting they have skeletons in their own closet even when those skeletons are fresh...

Just because I hold conservative values doesn't mean anything. Just saying there are murderers on either side. The alt-righters can't seem to control their emotions. Not my issue. I don't hold any stake in either side nor support either side. The point is no side is good and anyone could kill. But because it was an alt-right did it, now it becomes a serious topic. Get real. Just more politicizing the opposite side to rally against the evil "right". Like we funded this scumbag.

link   

Hey, you're the one who said "There is no Nazism in America." I pointed out that you were completely and utterly wrong. I never said that there is no left wing violence so your "point" has no relevance.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join