It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You take a knee disrespecting what I believe is wrong, I protest with my wallet or don't go to that event anymore. I don't have to acknowledge their actions just like they choose to protest by taking a knee to the anthem or flag on which I respect a lot and honor for I know what it means to me.

To me this is nothing but manufactured drama to keep the masses wound on dumb issues.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Edumakated

The difference here is that Google didn't stand with their employees. You are clearly skipping over the little fact that the NFL, the owners, and the coaches are all supporting the players on this. The NFL has every right to take action against the players as their employees, but if they are standing with them then your argument is moot. Which is the case.

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPitts

Well white on white crimes by the thousands bit why make sensible arguments.

Roof was found to be in conversation with white nationalists.

A literal KKK leader shot up a Jewish daycare not long ago.

Hey I bat to the right myself but I have to admit that both sides are frightening idiots. The far right just has more ties to fire arms....though I have seen some scary Antifa pics too with firearm training.

To win even a conservative argument you can't ignore the truth.

The left perpetuates the crime through mayors and police chiefs far more often than direct.

Until Antifa. Who knows where they will go.

I can tell you what. If you ignore the right nutters or justify them you will find a street war that screws everyone. Sometimes it's easier to call out your team for change than the "other guys".
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think you probably know from arguing with me I am not even a "liberal" yet these folks assume because I criticize the narratives of the party I am on Antifa....lol..

I would live Rand Paul to get on this debate, except he seems to be one of the only people working so he is too busy...doing things like criminal justice reform.

Yeah man. I gotcha. I know not every conservative has lost their minds these days. There are few others around here that are like that or have come back around to sanity again.

link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
And BTW that photo is from Baltimore after locals burned down their own neighborhood over a criminal's interaction with police.

I'm curious. What was that interaction?

link   
If nothing else people need to stand for those who can no longer stand....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Great legal defense you got going there. Looks air tight.

He got what he deserved. So what is the fuss about? He could've been alt-left or a "counter protester". It just happens to be the murderers like the alt-right ideology more. What else is new. LOL.

link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yep. And my point is that these fake flag worshipers don't really care about proper flag protocol, respecting or disrespecting the flag, etc. Otherwise they'd know this stuff and wouldn't enabling it. This is all fake outrage & a manufactured scandal so Trump can both reinvigorate his base and deflect attention from his recent political losses.

The Gulf Coast, all of Florida, and Puerto Rico have all been battered by hurricanes recently. One of our 3 biggest trade partners just got its capital city hammered by an earthquake, we're still in a nuclear pissing contest with North Korea, and Congress is once again trying to pass a repeal of the ACA/Obamacare. So guess which one Trump & the media decided to turn into a national issue? If you guessed "none of the above", you'd be mostly correct.

link   

a reply to: Edumakated

The difference here is that Google didn't stand with their employees. You are clearly skipping over the little fact that the NFL, the owners, and the coaches are all supporting the players on this. The NFL has every right to take action against the players as their employees, but if they are standing with them then your argument is moot. Which is the case.

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

What isn't there to believe? What did I say that wasn't truthful? You make a lot of vague allegations but never support them. I'm still waiting for you to tell me why I'm a useful idiot. It's almost like you are just talking to hear yourself talk or something. That can't be it right?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

a reply to: notsure1

BUUUUUUUT I care more about my fellow citizens being able to use and exercise those rights than about the flag being honored. The right to free speech of kneeling and protesting the anthem by not standing during it are both rights extended by the very constitution that flag represents. Protecting those rights stands above feeling offended by kneeling during the anthem.

It those athletes want to protest by kneeling during the anthem then I support their right. I may not protest with them, but I don't feel disrespected by their actions either. It is their choice to do what they are doing and there is no point in respecting a flag if you don't feel like people's rights are being respected which is the reason they are protesting.

And all they are doing is pissing guys like me off. I played football my whole life i was named after my fathers HS football coach. Born and raised in Oklahoma, football is like a religion.

I am offended enough by this to stop watching the NFLafter 40 years.

link   
"President Trump’s recent remarks suggesting NFL team owners should fire players who kneel during the national anthem could be a federal crime.

18 U.S. Code § 227 stipulates that any federal employee, member of Congress, or member of the executive branch is forbidden from using their position within the federal government to influence the employment decisions of a private business, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation. The penalty for doing so could result in fines and incarceration of up to 15 years, and anyone who is found guilty of violating that law could even be disqualified from holding office:

(a)Whoever, being a covered government person, with the intent to influence, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation, an employment decision or employment practice of any private entity—

(1) takes or withholds, or offers or threatens to take or withhold, an official act, or

(2) influences or offers or threatens to influence, the official act of another shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than 15 years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honour, trust, or profit under the United States.

It’s worth noting that U.S. Code specifies that no federal employee is exempt from the law, including the President of the United States."

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

And BTW that photo is from Baltimore after locals burned down their own neighborhood over a criminal's interaction with police.

Here are just some of his interactions with law enforcement:

March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
this is the problem with trump, he doesn't have a clue as to the CONCEPT behind the national anthem....Colin Kaepernick's mother said publicly, "if trump is calling my son a "son-of-a-bitch", what is trump calling me?" .....trump didn't say anything about tom brady NOT COMING to the white house after his super bowl win, but stephen curry and the warriors were put down by trump after golden state won the NBA championship....

Brady's mother was in the middle of a fight against cancer, and Brady elected to stay by her side rather than make another visit to the White House to see a man he periodically has dinner with in his own time. There truly is no comparison between that and the NBA fiasco.

link   

He COULD have been anything, but he was a conservative protester. Stop trying to shift the goal posts around and admit that conservatives and liberals are both being violent in this country. Damn... It astounds me how much conservative posters like to worm out of admitting they have skeletons in their own closet even when those skeletons are fresh...

link   

originally posted by: luthier

Well white on white crimes by the thousands bit why make sensible arguments.

Roof was found to be in conversation with white nationalists.

A literal KKK leader shot up a Jewish daycare not long ago.

Hey I bat to the right myself but I have to admit that both sides are frightening idiots. The far right just has more ties to fire arms....though I have seen some scary Antifa pics too with firearm training.

To win even a conservative argument you can't ignore the truth.

The left perpetuates the crime through mayors and police chiefs far more often than direct.

Until Antifa. Who knows where they will go.

I can tell you what. If you ignore the right nutters or justify them you will find a street war that screws everyone. Sometimes it's easier to call out your team for change than the "other guys".

I don't justify their or the lefts nonesense but you cannot deny their right to protest no matter how much anyone despises their affiliations.

Honestly think the FBI is being really lazy on putting these nutters behind bars.

link   

originally posted by: MrPitts
You take a knee disrespecting what I believe is wrong, I protest with my wallet or don't go to that event anymore. I don't have to acknowledge their actions just like they choose to protest by taking a knee to the anthem or flag on which I respect a lot and honor for I know what it means to me.

To me this is nothing but manufactured drama to keep the masses wound on dumb issues.

You seem wound on it, yourself, but I'm sure you're above to the masses in all ways considered.

Elitism is fun.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
If nothing else people need to stand for those who can no longer stand....

Unless they were caught by the enemy.

link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I mean the incident that lead to rioting. According to you.

link   

originally posted by: notsure1
And all they are doing is pissing guys like me off. I played football my whole life i was named after my fathers HS football coach. Born and raised in Oklahoma, football is like a religion.

I am offended enough by this to stop watching the NFLafter 40 years.

Ok. Part of protesting is the knowledge that you are going to make some people upset. Sacrifices are always necessary. If you want to stop watching, that is your decision.

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Uncooperative, obviously.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join