It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling during the anthem is honoring what our founding fathers fought for

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: MrPitts

Dylan roof? There are about 100 or so far right mass murders since 911

He was a loner lunatic. Doesn't count and no one was supporting or funding his murder fetish. Racist but he didn't protest, he just wanted to kill people but used his racist tirade to target his sick vision.

100 or so far right mass murders and black on black crime is in the thousands. No one bats an eye about that right? Black on Black crime is so easy to dismiss because " Its inconvenient".

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more. I have hard time understanding why people aren't making the issue about how to be more united.

Some might want to stand...others might want to kneel. Simply kneeling is hardly disrespecting the flag. Really what the major sports teams should do is stop patronizing the military with displays during games. They should stop forcing the national anthem on everybody.

Patriotism should be a more organic process. Major sporting is a form of propaganda. I don't think it's respectful to honor the people who are serving in various branches of service. It's advertising...if you don't support you aren't patriotic, if you do support it, you love country. This is too divisive.

I wish major sporting industries would just quietly donate to local agencies that actually help veterans and injured soldiers.

I don't think flaunting nationalism for marketing sake is entirely appropriate. That is far more tacky and disrespectful to the flag than simply kneeling. Anything for a buck...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: notsure1

Whatever you want to call it, it is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Respecting another country's flag has no baring on respect your own country's flag. All you seem to care about is honoring the flag for the sake of honoring it. You are so focused on the action of honoring and seem to know nothing about why we do it. I mean, it should be beyond obvious that the reasons for respecting another country's flag are different from the reasons you'd respect your own, but you keep harping on this useless point like it means something more than just a simple semantics issue.

No you are just consumed with not honoring it and trynig to tell people they are wrong for respecting it.

No I'm consumed with people speaking faux patriotism hiding behind ignorance to attack people for protesting and using their right to free speech.

But you would stand for another countries anthem, you are a piece of work

Lol. For the record, I would stand for the anthem any time. You don't know me at all.

Good why do you stand for it? Oh yeah so not make people mad , You only wanna do that from the safety of your living room

I stand for the anthem because as a veteran I fought for and believe in the rights extended by the Constitution of the United States.

Good I always stand too and put my hat over my heart and sing along . I do that out of respect for my fellow Americans because united we stand.

And when I see a bunch of multi millionaires not even having enough respect to stand the $$$$ up I feel disrespected on a personal level.

It is what it is.

link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'd be willing to bet we've seen a LOT of violations of the code:
b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.

As an example.

link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Should I show you a graph of the number of people that Heart Disease kills every year next to all the murders so that we can say that murders aren't an issue?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Should I show you a graph of the number of people that Heart Disease kills every year next to all the murders so that we can say that murders aren't an issue?

Are you going to start faking outrage and virtue signalling that heart disease is racist?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think you probably know from arguing with me I am not even a "liberal" yet these folks assume because I criticize the narratives of the party I am on Antifa....lol..

I would live Rand Paul to get on this debate, except he seems to be one of the only people working so he is too busy...doing things like criminal justice reform.

link   
It's very refreshing to see somebody with this point of view. Our country was absolutely founded on non violent protest. If this kind of thing gets censored, it will be the same as ditching free speech and taking us back to a monarchy / dictatorship. NFL players are contractors and there is nothing in their contracts about requiring anything for the national anthem. If we fine people and censor them for non violent protest we are pissing on what this country was founded on.

edit on 9 25 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

link   

Are you part of the murderer's legal defense or something? There is a lot of evidence to show the act was planned out between a group of them. So there's that, but it looks like he has an ace internet detective in his corner excusing his actions. So I'm sure he'll be fine now.

Yeah so they both sat down to plan how the whole thing was going to work out as a planned fight. Yeah ok. Sure. People plan protests to fight each other. LOL. Right.

Someone shows up at a rally to kill people for sport. Yeah typical alt right thought. Uhuh.

Anyone can kill anyone. It takes the wrong person at the right time. The guy who killed had it coming because he would've killed someone that day or a day sooner or later because he was looking for blood.

link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Bu bu but it's free speech for those Nazis. Some of them are even "good people" even though they've literally taken up the torch of the same group that killed 10s of thousands of Americans and millions of Eastern & Western Europeans.

On the other hand, those kneeling players are an abomination. Just look at them, knees on grass and/or astroturf. They're disrespecting the troops even though our actual troops fought and died against the Nazis that we just finished defending.

/sarcasm

link   
I find it curious that a lot of the people who were demanding that Google employee be fired for daring to have an opinion at a work place now don't want the shoe on the other foot when it is someone with a progressive stance at their work place.

Be honest, what if say a bunch of football players decided to "take a knee" to show support for victims of illegal immigrants? Would ESPN and all the other leftist pundits be coming out to defend the players?

People go to football games to be entertained. I don't think anyone cares about the player's political and social thoughts. I know I don't.

Personally, as a black man, I find their taking a knee to be [snipped] virtue signaling. First off, there is no epidemic of black men being shot by police. Second, why not do something productive? Show me how much money they've donated to effect real change in the black community. Building schools. Starting real business like banks and venture capital funds, not opening up record labels and rim shops.

I'm sorry, having a bunch of prima donna millionaires who've basically been coddled their entire lives due to their talent claiming they can somehow are down with the cause is a joke.

This is not Ali protesting Vietnam or Tommie Smith raising a fist. These guys aren't even in the same league, nor are the issue they protesting about real.

edit on 25-9-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

edit on 9.25.2017 by Kandinsky because: removed unnecessary hate speech

link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: Abysha

Lol, right....

And so are the fake patriots who would create violence over free speech..

Funny seeing how all the violence is coming completely from the left.

You just going to ignore the nazi killing the protester with a car then?

"Nazi" lol

I'd much rather support that than this

So... not supporting Nazism in America means I have to support riots in London? Talk about a false dichotomy...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

BUUUUUUUT I care more about my fellow citizens being able to use and exercise those rights than about the flag being honored. The right to free speech of kneeling and protesting the anthem by not standing during it are both rights extended by the very constitution that flag represents. Protecting those rights stands above feeling offended by kneeling during the anthem.

It those athletes want to protest by kneeling during the anthem then I support their right. I may not protest with them, but I don't feel disrespected by their actions either. It is their choice to do what they are doing and there is no point in respecting a flag if you don't feel like people's rights are being respected which is the reason they are protesting.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The problem is not the players' "taking a knee."

The problem is the need for control. These people cannot abide that these players have more power than they do to get a message across.

A message represented by a silent action which occurs in much less than 1% of the game time is ruining the game for so many?

No.

Many of these people cannot abide that the ongoing issue of racial discrimination is brought to their attention every week and to the attention of the nation and that the issue is being forced again.

System working as intended.

link   

Lol, right....

And so are the fake patriots who would create violence over free speech..

Funny seeing how all the violence is coming completely from the left.

You just going to ignore the nazi killing the protester with a car then?

"Nazi" lol

I'd much rather support that than this

So... not supporting Nazism in America means I have to support riots in London? Talk about a false dichotomy...

There is no Nazism in America. Where were all the protests against Nazis when Obama was in office? Seems like that would have been a great time to take it on?

Where were all the Nazi protests against Obama?

And BTW that photo is from Baltimore after locals burned down their own neighborhood over a criminal's interaction with police.
edit on 25-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

link   

Great legal defense you got going there. Looks air tight.

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I find it curious that a lot of the people who were demanding that Google employee be fired for daring to have an opinion at a work place now don't want the shoe on the other foot when it is someone with a progressive stance at their work place.

Be honest, what if say a bunch of football players decided to "take a knee" to show support for victims of illegal immigrants? Would ESPN and all the other leftist pundits be coming out to defend the players?

People go to football games to be entertained. I don't think anyone cares about the player's political and social thoughts. I know I don't.

Personally, as a black man, I find their taking a knee to be a bunch cooning and virtue signaling. First off, there is no epidemic of black men being shot by police. Second, why not do something productive? Show me how much money they've donated to effect real change in the black community. Building schools. Starting real business like banks and venture capital funds, not opening up record labels and rim shops.

I'm sorry, having a bunch of prima donna millionaires who've basically been coddled their entire lives due to their talent claiming they can somehow are down with the cause is a joke.

This is not Ali protesting Vietnam or Tommie Smith raising a fist. These guys aren't even in the same league, nor are the issue they protesting about real.

Another great post.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: fiverx313

Bu bu but it's free speech for those Nazis. Some of them are even "good people" even though they've literally taken up the torch of the same group that killed 10s of thousands of Americans and millions of Eastern & Western Europeans.

On the other hand, those kneeling players are an abomination. Just look at them, knees on grass and/or astroturf. They're disrespecting the troops even though our actual troops fought and died against the Nazis that we just finished defending.

/sarcasm

i'm glad to see you understand what it means to be a real american with real american values

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The difference here is that Google didn't stand with their employees. You are clearly skipping over the little fact that the NFL, the owners, and the coaches are all supporting the players on this. The NFL has every right to take action against the players as their employees, but if they are standing with them then your argument is moot. Which is the case.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join