It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lock him up?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I dislike Hillary Clinton. I dislike former President Bill Clinton as well.

And honestly, I've come to dislike what I see in President Donald Trump.

Honestly, after the Santa Barbara terrorism incident before the elections, his statement that any who thought they saw something but didn't for fear of being somehow racist or profiling should be held legally responsible for the acts of those they chose not speak against, brought any thought I'd had of registering to vote for the first time since I'd voted for former President Bill Clinton the second time, and trashed them. I knew then that his rhetoric was something that risked a witch hunt scenario. Something not unlike the Stasi, and countless other political regimes and climates.

The Law, is The Law. It should be upheld. Frankly, even President Donald Trump's comments about the whole #TakeAKnee boondoggle show that his behavior is not up to par with what we as Americans have come to expect. The Law should be loved, and held equally to all Americans, regardless of physical attribute or social standing.

And we should love law by both selectively pruning it and letting it breathe enough to grow into new shapes and forms that truly represent what we as Americans deserve, a just society. A fair society. The same manure from the same source each and every time will almost always create an identical tree.

Please drop the partisanship. Please drop the canned notions and pre-fab political identities.

Only then can we, as a country, as a people, make the appropriate changes.

And one last thing. Let's all, as Americans, readopt the civility and respect we once showed. No first names only. No last names only. No derisive or sarcastic stabs thinly veiled or not as a means of addressing our politicians.

Or each other.

Show some respect. If not for them, for yourself. Let's BE great again, America, or at least live up to what we know we CAN BE.

edit on 25-9-2017 by FHomerK because: OCD need for clarifications...

edit on 25-9-2017 by FHomerK because: OCD, it's a disease...really....

edit on 25-9-2017 by FHomerK because: OCD Dear God, please allow me the patience to wait until a full pot of coffee has been consumed before writing things publicly....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I think, regarding the taking the knee, I'd rather politicians stay out of my entertainment, and entertainers stay out of my politics. Because politics is anything but entertaining to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Lock him up.

Listen everyone, this looks to be my best - and last- chance at being with Ivanka. I need this guy in prison, and then I'll make my move...

lol. Same way I felt about Patrick Swayze. I was forced to give it up when he died, but there's always the afterlife.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Some of these players rose from the sewers to acieve their dreams. I am not sure is about politics for them.

I get your point though.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bknapple32
Well it's only been ten months right? Hillary had her account for years.

I don't think that's a qualifier. If I rob a candy store and only get twenty dollars I still go to jail with the bank robbers who got thousands.
No?

Quantity isn't relevant. If we waited four years then looked I'm sure there would be thousands.

Lame argument.

Do you know the difference between petty theft and grand larceny? If I were to assume based on your statement above -- you don't.

Was there classified information being sent to/from anyone using a private server by anyone in Trumps white house? Were they using unsecured public email accounts? Was the server unsecured?

If any of those answers are "yes," then yes..lock them up. No government official should be using any third party email service or server to conduct official business pertaining to classified information, or even sensitive information. So if the shoe fits yada yada blah blah.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: FHomerK

I think, regarding the taking the knee, I'd rather politicians stay out of my entertainment, and entertainers stay out of my politics. Because politics is anything but entertaining to me.

I can't find where I read it this morning, but apparently from the looks of it, it is against the law for the President or a governmental agent in general to make comments that influence an american citizen to be fired. I don't know the legalese to quote it verbatim, or to point out where to look for the law.

He, just like you and I, are subject to the law as it stands.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Lock them both up, if they deserve to be locked up
What's the argument

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I saw this as well yesterday and was going to post a thread similar to this.

I held off however because I don't think the two are the same, Hilary's scandal was more than just the emails it was her handling of the entire situation and how it pertained to classified information at a time when she was in a position of power.

Now sure it could be that his emails prove to be just as damaging as the Hilary scandal and if that is the case he should be subject to the same treatment. Right now though its way to early in my view to be calling for him to be locked up, it should be investigated to find out if these emails contained any sensitive information but calling for him to be locked up just after the news has just broken is premature.

So before I go on let me be 100% clear.

I do not agree with the OP, its way to early to be making any claims based on this, lets see how it unfolds.

HOWEVER

I think there are quite a lot of Trump supporters who are jumping to defend this when they were calling for Hillary to be tried for treason and locked up under almost the same situation not so long ago. Yes I do think Hilary got off very light, she should have been punished, she was at best negligent with classified information. My only point is that during the election Trump and his supporters were very quick to flam Hilary over her use of private email accounts with out a second thought but now that the shoe is on the other foot you all run to defend Kushner.

Like I said above, its too early to say if there has been any wrong doing, but at the same time, lets not be rushing to defend the guy either. He used private email accounts for conducting official White House business, if anything after the Clinton scandal he should have the brain not to do that in the first place. He has done wrong, it shows a level of negligence and stupidity to me that Trump supporters should acknowledge.
edit on 25-9-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Very fair and I agree. We wait for more facts. I wish people had said the same about Hillary (regardless of what actually transpired- we were never given the facts up front. it had to develop and unfold, just like this).
edit on 25-9-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

When was Hillary proven to have broken the law?

I must have missed that.

Comey publicly stated that Hillary sent and received classified information through a private server. That is a crime. She was not indicted because that particular crime has not been punished for a long time. All on record from Comey.

If you have any evidence that Kushner sent or received classified information then you'd be talking about the same crime Hillary committed. Until then, you are engaging in false equivalence, to what end I am not sure.
edit on 25/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Not unreasonable.
I agree - the emails he sent and received should be reviewed and if classified materials were involved then I would expect Trump supporters and any other person frankly, to at least put him in the same class as Clinton in terms negligence with classified information, and completely in the same class as her if he tried to delete them and purposely holds some back.

Until then, this is a situation where Hillary was proven to have sent and received classified information on a private email system, whilst Kushner might have done. Really that just places Kushner in the same basket as many other people in the current and previous administrations who might have done.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It seems he has already done something wrong, regardless of a direct comparison for Clinton.

That should be enough to question the man. DI'd he miss the 6 years of emails debates, one his father in law road all over town?

That alone should make you question his credibility. Without needing to compare to another criminal.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It seems he has already done something wrong, regardless of a direct comparison for Clinton.

That should be enough to question the man. DI'd he miss the 6 years of emails debates, one his father in law road all over town?

That alone should make you question his credibility. Without needing to compare to another criminal.

What has he done wrong?
The email debates were about sending or receiving classified information on a private email server.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Used a private email for official Whitehouse business?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't think Hilary committed a crime for having a private email server, because they all did it, they all do it.

But for Kushner to be doing something, I fully expect Trump voters who chanted 'lock her up' to also be thinking 'lock him up' too, otherwise... they are staggeringly two-faced.

If you have a conviction, stand by it, don't abandon it the second it becomes inconvenient because your team did it too.

link   

Well, classified information. Do you really need that explained to you?

link   

Well it can't be illegal because Clinton got away with it. So how can it be illegal for someone on the Trump...oh wait that's why, because it's Trump. So we'll now see the same statement from every Trump Hater "Well for Clinton it was different. She was dealing with (insert lame excuse that is totally BS) but Trump...this is bad, he is a traitor". I mean c'mon this is a joke right? You cannot be trying to spin this and use it as an anti-Trump thing.

link   

originally posted by: luthier

Used a private email for official Whitehouse business?

So? Was any of it classified?
Did you read the article?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I don't think Hilary committed a crime for having a private email server, because they all did it, they all do it.

But for Kushner to be doing something, I fully expect Trump voters who chanted 'lock her up' to also be thinking 'lock him up' too, otherwise... they are staggeringly two-faced.

If you have a conviction, stand by it, don't abandon it the second it becomes inconvenient because your team did it too.

It becomes an issue if he sent classified information. It's staggering to see the false equivalence clung to like it's the last life jacket on a sinking ship.
IF he did communicate classified info he should be viewed the same as Clinton. Until then, he is just another person using a private email in this administration and those before it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join