It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lock him up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
During the election season last summer and continuing into today trump and his supporters have rallied around one salient point when it came to his opponent. That she was a criminal and should be in jail.
Lock her up.
All of his supporters and surrogates led the battle cry. They included claims of using a private server and email account for government business thereby subjecting classified or essential government information and dealings to hacking and other cyber risks.
And she was accused of hiding the fact that she was playing fast and loose with government information by deleting damning emails from the server.

Now it seems the shoe is on the other foot.

Kushner used private email to conduct White House business.

The senior adviser set up the account after the election. Other West Wing officials have also used private email accounts for official business

residential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence. POLITICO has seen and verified about two dozen emails.

www.politico.com...

So what is the difference here...except that it's trumps administration that is using private e mails.

Will they start a new battle cry.. Lock him up?

Probably not. It's not a crime now any more than it was a crime then.
But will his supporters agree? Will they see the hypocrisy? That's a question for you guys.

edit on 9252017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
but it wasnt as many- And it wasnt classified- Or so we think- cause who knows.. But but but but but but but but but but but

Youre either in favor of locking them both up or none of them. My vote is for none. this is stupid. Its 20170 technology is ever changing. What will be interesting is to see all those come up with excuses as to why it still should be Hillary but not the dear leaders son in law.
edit on 25-9-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So what is the difference here

It seems that Hillary set a precedent... along with the Attorney General Lynch (she deferred to Comey for a decision) and FBI Director Comey (who decided before he ever interviewed Hillary).

Why would a politician want to change a system that keeps them safe?

edit on b000000302017-09-25T09:16:51-05:0009America/ChicagoMon, 25 Sep 2017 09:16:51 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32
Well it's only been ten months right? Hillary had her account for years.

I don't think that's a qualifier. If I rob a candy store and only get twenty dollars I still go to jail with the bank robbers who got thousands.
No?

Quantity isn't relevant. If we waited four years then looked I'm sure there would be thousands.

Lame argument.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

And I believe when I said it wasn't a crime now any more than it was then pretty much says what I think.

+26 more 
link   

I'm not a hypocritical, 2-faced pundit.

If Trump did something illegal, lock him up!

(see how easy that was?)

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I don't think that's a qualifier. If I rob a candy store and only get twenty dollars I still go to jail with the bank robbers who got thousands.
No?

Technically no. You have to steal in excess of $500 to be looking at time over theft. If you steal less than that it is usually a slap on the wrist unless you are a serial offender.

Though I see the point you are making.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It was Russian hackers, definitely Russians. Yep, they done it.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh so you're still hanging on to " she committed a crime" ?

Then what does that mean for Kushner?

And was this just more hiding dealings with Russia like setting up back channels? What was he hiding?
And how is it different from what Hillary did?
edit on 9252017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I love it when you don't have an answer and resort to foolishness. It tells me so much about you.

link   
They're trying to find an undotted "i" or an uncrossed "t" with anyone associated with Trump because he's not a globalist and going along with the sellout of USA. If they can't find anything they'll make something up - they have the technology to plant markers. How ridiculous - to find a crime with Obama, Hillary or Bill you can just google it and find a wealth of data showing their criminal moves - yet with Trump they're going back years and in every direction to find.........???? nada. Talking with Russians has never been illegal - they're just using that as an excuse to try and get rid of Trump for stopping the demise of USA.

Plus I believe it is Politico that is a George Soros sponsored globalist website helping to keep everyone divided and believing lies...

edit on 25-9-2017 by wishes because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
link   

The crime had to do not with having an email account, but with the handling of classified material.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You didn't get my point and that was that quantity doesn't matter. Given the same time frame I'm sure there would have been thousands.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So?

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

So?

Did Kushner’s emails contain classified material?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So?
....sooo you misshandle classified data, you can go to jail, depending on the severity. Hence Lock Her Up, favorite saying. Three times a day in the mirror with my Trump roos on.

You? I suspect the same, 'cept with hillary an mueller underoos, dancing to comey investigation reruns, ugh...oh god mental image of Silly! something along the lines of mama june and autistic screeching....
edit on 25-9-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

edit on 25-9-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

For the record my post was half sarcasm. I dont think the amount has anything to do with anything.I agree with you. He either broke the law or he didnt. My larger point was to the hypocrites.. not you.

+14 more 
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Kushner is safe if he didn’t intend it, apparently. Clinton set that strange precedent.

+3 more 
link   

During the election season last summer and continuing into today trump and his supporters have rallied around one salient point when it came to his opponent. That she was a criminal and should be in jail.
Lock her up.
All of his supporters and surrogates led the battle cry. They included claims of using a private server and email account for government business thereby subjecting classified or essential government information and dealings to hacking and other cyber risks.
And she was accused of hiding the fact that she was playing fast and loose with government information by deleting damning emails from the server.

Now it seems the shoe is on the other foot.

Kushner used private email to conduct White House business.

The senior adviser set up the account after the election. Other West Wing officials have also used private email accounts for official business

residential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence. POLITICO has seen and verified about two dozen emails.

www.politico.com...

So what is the difference here...except that it's trumps administration that is using private e mails.

Will they start a new battle cry.. Lock him up?

Probably not. It's not a crime now any more than it was a crime then.
But will his supporters agree? Will they see the hypocrisy? That's a question for you guys.

Complete lack of understanding of why Clinton's email use was criminal. It's not criminal to use private email in and of itself, it's what you use it for. We know she did all of her electronic State Department business through that private email. By default, that has to include classified material. The SecState cannot do their job without dealing with classified emails. It's impossible. So she either didn't do her job, or she illegally sent and received classified through an unsecure server. There's no in between.

Kushner isn't Secretary of State. He's an advisor. He handles all kinds of matters, some of which could indeed be classified. That doesn't necessarily mean he's been sending classified emails. It's not a certainty like it was with Clinton. However, I take security of classified material seriously no matter who it is. If we find out he's been emailing classified material through an unsecure server, nail him to the #in wall, next to Clinton. I'm all for someone looking into it.
edit on 25 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I did get your point, it was just a poor analogy. Just trying to be helpful to get your message across better.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join