It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion - 'Black Genocide' - says activist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So .... is it because of a lack of health care among poor blacks
that this happens? Or is it that babies born out of wedlock to
non-black families are more accepted then black babies so black
unborn babies are killed more often? Or is it a cultural thing ...
Whatever it is, blackgenocide.com has taken notice.

Back when Jesse Jackson was really a reverend and was looking
out for black Americans, and not just shaking down corporations,
he said that abortion was a grave evil. It was evil because it was
killing a child, but it was also evil because it was genocide against
black people. He also said that any black person who didn't agree
had either 'sold out' or didn't understand what was going on. He
is now pro-abortion so I guess he either forgot ... or 'sold out'.

BTW - It's no secret that Margaret Sanger hated black people. I'm sure
she is happy with these stats ... where ever her miserable soul is.

excerpt

Abortion Causing 'Black Genocide,' Activists Say
By Randy Hall
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
February 07, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - During America's commemoration of Black History Month, some pro-life activists are charging that legalized abortion has led to a "black genocide" of more than 14 million unborn African-American babies. They condemn, in particular, the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, whose president Gloria Feldt announced last week that she's resigning.

"For every five African-American women who get pregnant, three have an abortion," Clenard Childress Jr., director of the Northeast Chapter of the Life Education And Resource Network, told the Cybercast News Service. "This is a horrific injustice to women, and it's decimating our communities."

Childress runs the BlackGenocide.org website, which quotes a number of disturbing statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

-- Since 1973, more than twice as many blacks have died from abortion than from heart disease, cancer, accidents, violent crimes and AIDS combined;

-- Blacks make up about 12 percent of the population in the United States but account for 32 percent of the abortions; and

-- About 1,450 black infants are aborted every day in this country.

Childress, who also serves as senior pastor of the New Calvary Baptist Church in Montclair, N.J., said he started the site "to tell the truth about what abortion is, to expose the lies of the abortion industry and their targeting of unsuspecting young women -- especially African-Americans -- and to let others know the horrifying statistics of the abortion rate for blacks in this nation."

Read rest of article here.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
As the great Chris Rock said it..."STOP F***IN'!" Hmmm, a rather simple solution don't you think? Stop screwing like a bunch of sluts and pigs. Less promiscuity means less pregnancy means less abortions.

Beyond that though, it's just silly to call abortion a black genocide. If anything it is a conscious, mass-racial suicide. Does that make sense? Look, abortions are done by choice, not forced. If so many black people are voluntarily having abortions then it's simply not genocide.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Uh, genocide? How? Are they forced to do such things? No, the point of being pro-choice is that you have a choice. Unlike pro-life where it's either abortions bad or we kill you.(I go over this little problem in a dif. topicm in the politics board, so won't go in depth here but....) pro-choice people say hey, you have a choice, and better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. While pro-life people are blowing up entire hospitals, killing doctors/nurses, do driveby's on a doctors house killing the whole family. Pro-Life Violence Pro-Choice Peace.

Anyways, JJ is a nuto, an extremeist, like most pro-life people who are if you get an abortion we kill you. Not to many out there going "Please don't get an abortion." They almost(keyword, almost) "You go to hell! BOOM! Hospital gone. You go to hell! bam bam bam bam, doctor, wife, three kids, all dead."

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
wow james, you mind not generalizing an entire group of people like that? you make it sound like all pro-life people despise blow up abortion clinics. the pro-life movement has its' extremists just as the pro-choice movement does, hell just as all groups or movements do. so do us all a favor, refrain from making stupid generalizations.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Abortion is not genocide, it is pure and simple murder. And if you choose to murder your own child, then maybe we don't need your gene pool around.
Just my opinion!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I agree that these abortions by black women are hardly genocide, and if anything would be suicide if we had to put a name on it. Black women are not forced to become pregnant more than any other racial group nor are they required to have abortions more than any other racial group.

Another point, however, is that I don't think there is a sudden downturn of births by black women because of these abortions. If, and I do mean IF, someone was trying to commit genocide via abortion, they sure are doing a piss poor job of it. Wouldn't the birth rate have to DECLINE for there to be a negative effect on population? I would be interested to see the averages for number of children per mother by race in this area (DC) for example.

Calling something so obviously not genocide is an insult to those who really HAVE lived through a genocide of their race or religious group. An abortion is an act of the mother, not of a political entity or force that gathers little black babies together and slaughers them against the will of their mothers or community. These are individual choices made by the mother - even if you argue society or situation "made" them do it. With the exception of rape, it was mom's choice to have sex unprotected or to take the risk of even having protected sex. It was mom's choice not to carry the baby to term, and mom's choice to have the pregnancy terminated.

Stupidity, irresponsibility, and disregard for consequences? Sure!

Genocide? Puuhlease.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
valkeryie, do you mind not putting emotion into this? and also learn to understand to a whole lot of people abortion isn't murder? here's a little help. i don't think abortion is murder. i don't think life begins until birth. people that screw and screw and have multiple abortions because they don't know how to put the dick down do irritate me though. i am with you on your last comment though. those that find themselves needing several abortions...well we probably don't want people like that around in a civilized society, so let's let them have abortions and hope their genes don't get passed along to anyone.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
valkeryie, do you mind not putting emotion into this?

Didn't put any emotion into it. Just my opinion. And just as a thought, why only life after birth. Someone wave a magic wand around the baby on the way out?

[edit on 10-2-2005 by valkeryie]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
valkeryie, do you mind not putting emotion into this? and also learn to understand to a whole lot of people abortion isn't murder? here's a little help. i don't think abortion is murder. i don't think life begins until birth. people that screw and screw and have multiple abortions because they don't know how to put the dick down do irritate me though. i am with you on your last comment though. those that find themselves needing several abortions...well we probably don't want people like that around in a civilized society, so let's let them have abortions and hope their genes don't get passed along to anyone.

Abortion is murder in the worst way. Free, state sponsored abortion may be genocide to keep poor blacks on the plantation. Absolute power does corrupt, a woman should not have such power over life and death. No one should..............It is too easy to be irresponsible and flush the results.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
How would it be suicide if a person kills the baby they are carrying? The baby didn't kill itself! Anyway, I think it's wrong to abort your pregnancies, but i'm also for freedom, so if somebody wants to be a murderer and kill their baby it's fine with me. I doubt god would approve of it (what gives you the right to kill something god created), but hey, go for it - i'm all for free will.

I don't see how people can believe abortion is not murder..
a. The baby is alive inside a pregnant woman.
b. The woman has an abortion.
c. The baby does not come out of the pregnant woman alive.
d. The baby has been killed.

a + b + c + d = Murder

- Attero

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
How can you say god created it? He can't even heal the pope, science and medicine does that. As of now abortion is a choice and it's not muder or illegal. Without abortion the world would be a worse place to live. Imagine all of the fetuses that were not aborted growing up unloved and running the streets homeless.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well I believe in a creator god, so that's how I can say god created it. I'm not a Christian and I dislike organized religion (I don't believe God came to earth or has presented himself to humans and told them how to live their lives). Therefore, I don't think god gives any more of a damn about the Pope than me or you or any other thing that exists. People just need to be responsible, if you need to abort a fetus, than you were irresponsible..

- Attero

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Leaving the "murderous meaning" away. The truth is that abortion in the black communities are higher that in white communities but, it will even out when the white communities are withing the poorest in the nation.

So calling for a genocide to the black I would not because poor whites also has the same problems with abortions.

If they want to called conspiracy then it will be a conspiracy of everybody in the poorest areas blacks, whites, browns or yellows.

That is why I feel that we should have birth control accesible and free for evey one in this country, not for the few that can afford it.

But I guess our government wants to keep womens at fault getting rid of unwanted pregnacies.

If you out there really believe is a murderous thing to do abortions perhaps helping into making birth control free for poor women will help with decreasing abortions.

Sex will always be part of the human nature, we should make it safe.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
That is why I feel that we should have birth control accesible and free for evey one in this country, not for the few that can afford it.

But I guess our government wants to keep womens at fault getting rid of unwanted pregnacies.

If you out there really believe is a murderous thing to do abortions perhaps helping into making birth control free for poor women will help with decreasing abortions.

Sex will always be part of the human nature, we should make it safe.

I have an idea, maybe women should practice birth control by abstaining from sex when they can't care for a baby. I don't think the government (and our tax dollars) should have to take care of women's mistakes. Take care of yourselves and quit leeching off the government. BE RESPONSIBLE. Or dare I say more educated?

- Attero

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
How can you say god created it? He can't even heal the pope, science and medicine does that. As of now abortion is a choice and it's not muder or illegal. Without abortion the world would be a worse place to live. Imagine all of the fetuses that were not aborted growing up unloved and running the streets homeless.

That kind of attitude is exactly why the world is such a horrible place. Maybe if we put more money and time with the children instead of abortion then we wouldnt have to argue and babies wouldnt get killed.
And for God. If God were to just heel the pope then would that b fair to every1 else in the world that have diseases? If God were to help with all our problems then what would the point of living b if God did everything 4 us?

How would it be suicide if a person kills the baby they are carrying?

It is stupid to call it suicide. I think genocide is a more appropriate term.

Abortion is murder in the worst way.

Totally agree. The poor kid didnt evan have a chance.

Genocide: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

Since this is a deliberate destruction of a group(babies) I think this would qualify as genocide.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita

I have an idea, maybe women should practice birth control by abstaining from sex when they can't care for a baby. I don't think the government (and our tax dollars) should have to take care of women's mistakes. Take care of yourselves and quit leeching off the government. BE RESPONSIBLE. Or dare I say more educated?

- Attero

How about castrating every single male, that out to make women abortion free.

How about you, are you pro life or pro choice, I will be pro choice until something is done to help poor women in this country.

Do you practice abstinence? Do you pray instead of having sex for birth control?

Abortion is a female issue, men have made it and issue, religious organizations has made it an issue, the president has made it an issue.

You know why they don't want to give birth control free for women and men in this country?
Because then is not going to be anybody to point fingers at and scream "baby killers" then it will not be an issue anymore.

I live in a "bible belt" state, but guess what we have birth control free for women starting at age 16 and without parents permission.

Thank our creator that we can do that, and we don't have anti abortions freaks around either. Thanks our creator for that.

We may be a bible belt state but we know that sex is going to be part of our lives and part of our nature, god or not god, and bible or not bible.

Hallelujah

Deny ignorance Sex is part of us and is nothing any of us can do about it but making poor women having to get abortions when they can not afford birth control, so pro choice fanatics can point fingers and call "baby killers"

Deny ignorance and lets work together so is affordable or free birth control for poor women.

Its good to point fingers but I don't see anybody doing anything to stop the "fetus killing"

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Marg, time for women to take care of themselves and not rely upon the government or a man to do so. In saying that, that does mean that women will have to take personal responsibility. Even poor ones. Black ones. White ones.

Sex can lead to pregnancy(or worse) and even does so WITH birth control. Maybe is these women, no matter what the color, would have some self respect and quit sleeping with any available male, it wouldn't be an issue.

Strangely enough, I know a few very smart, educated, well off WHITE women who have had multiple abortions because, well they were stupid. It isn't about the inability to get birth control, it is about the lack of using it or the lack of just being able to say NO.

And, there are MANY places to get birth control. The health department is FREE, Planned parenthood is on a sliding scale. If you are in college their health clinic is free.

Women are not nearly as oppressed by men or the government as they are their own actions. I am a woman, who is married, who before I was married took full advantage of free birth control from all three of those places I mentioned. I just got off my butt and took responsibilty for my actions.

These POOR women in this article are fully aware of how to live off the government in all other ways. Free food, free housing, free health care. Why not just get that free birth control to go along with it.

At least we aren't paying for a whole new generation of people on welfare living off of people who atually work's tax dollars

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Abortion is a female issue, men have made it and issue, religious organizations has made it an issue, the president has made it an issue.

Do you think it is only men who hate abortion? All the women in my family hate it.

Abortion

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You know I agree with you in many things, went I told my mother I was going to get married she took me to a doctor and i got my first pills "in case the marriage did not work out"

I had two children that is what I wanted, has been married for 24 years.

I know what is going on with our society but women will have sex and abortions will be perform.

We have a society that is not going to the point and does not help women but pointing fingers and making very difficult for women to get the help they need.

I am tired of the tagging of women that have abortions, but is very difficult in many areas for poor women to have access to birth control.

The church has made it that difficult.

I still feel that women should be given the right to have affordable or free birth control in every state not just a few, like the state I live in.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Do you think it is only men who hate abortion? All the women in my family hate it.

Abortion

So are you helping poor women in black comunities to get affordable birth control so they can stop having abortions?

If you hate abortion so much and your female family members too.

Or you go around pointing fingers and calling baby killers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join