It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I pledge of allegience...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Well then you ought to be poised to reap the benefits if you direct your funds wisely.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Well then you ought to be poised to reap the benefits if you direct your funds wisely.

That's it exactly. It makes playing the market very very simple.

BUY...TRUMP BRAND

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What do you think the National debt is? Do you know what the Budget deficit is? Strange way to describe prosperity!

Yeah we all know who caused that, but our GDP is good. Actually very good. So yes. We are still a very prosperous country, compared to most countries.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

You may be right. The NFL may get hurt here. And so might other sports venues. Mr Trump has tossed down a gauntlet over a minor player making a minor gesture which the media blew in to a news worth story. Mr Trump found one more way to bring saliva to the minds of his followers. He is making war on the sport corporations around the country. Do what I say or you will die you evil unpatriotic corporations.

War? No. Just telling them they should show some respect for the country that they have flourished in. He can't make them do it. But he can press his point of view just as mightily, as they are seeing.

And just what IS Donald Trump. He is a corporation. He IS Big Business. And you know what that makes this, his war on the sports corporations? It makes it corporate warfare.. That is what Trump has been after all along. He only wanted to be president so that he could shake up the corporate landscape in the US and have his brand there ready to pick the fruit as it falls from the trees

Well right now Donald Trump "IS" President of the United States of America. And it is his Job to defend America from those that would stand, or in this case kneel, against it.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

You may be right. The NFL may get hurt here. And so might other sports venues. Mr Trump has tossed down a gauntlet over a minor player making a minor gesture which the media blew in to a news worth story. Mr Trump found one more way to bring saliva to the minds of his followers. He is making war on the sport corporations around the country. Do what I say or you will die you evil unpatriotic corporations.

War? No. Just telling them they should show some respect for the country that they have flourished in. He can't make them do it. But he can press his point of view just as mightily, as they are seeing.

And just what IS Donald Trump. He is a corporation. He IS Big Business. And you know what that makes this, his war on the sports corporations? It makes it corporate warfare.. That is what Trump has been after all along. He only wanted to be president so that he could shake up the corporate landscape in the US and have his brand there ready to pick the fruit as it falls from the trees

Well right now Donald Trump "IS" President of the United States of America. And it is his Job to defend America from those that would stand, or in this case kneel, against it.

Yeah, that's how you see it alright. Plain and simple. He tells you he is pro America and boom, you believe it because he has sold your own dream back to you. Dream on.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Sold a dream? No. Sold as the best candidate running. Definitely.

But you go a head and back the side that cheated old Bernie out of an election, and proved that he had no backbone to stick it out and fight.

Trump fault through his entire campaign from the beginning. He left his opponents crying and weeping as he tossed them to the side. One by one they fell, proving they didn't have what it takes to win.

So I was never sold on anything. It just happened right before all of our eyes and yet the people weep. Not because they lost something they love, but rather they just can't stand to lose.

This isn't about whether Trump say's he Pro America. He has proved it time and again by what he does.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

But you go a head and back the side that cheated old Bernie out of an election, and proved that he had no backbone to stick it out and fight.

Sorry, but I could not read any farther than that. You honestly believe that just because I try to express what I think about Trump and his agenda, you automatically assume that I back the ''other side''. There is no reason to even talk with you if your mind makes such seriously invalid assumptions.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: 3daysgone

Sorry, but I could not read any farther than that. You honestly believe that just because I try to express what I think about Trump and his agenda, you automatically assume that I back the ''other side''. There is no reason to even talk with you if your mind makes such seriously invalid assumptions.

lol. Like your not.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

so they only did it coz Trump tweeted?

oh what a protest... lmao

kneelflakes...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaileena
Trump's dosgraceful remarks on Saturday....he makes diagraceful remarks every day... but this was a direct response to that.

A fantastic response showing that...

... the entire thing is a meaningless show of ignorance and nothing to do, now, with inequality or police brutality..

quite sad, really. doiasgraceful, even lol

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

You do know some high schools no longer do the pledge of allegiance in the morning. If they do, some give students a choice to participate or not. We live in a free country. NOBODY should be forced to recite a prayer, an allegiance or anything else. This is what "freedom" is all about. The 1st Amendment grants us a right to express ourselves and protest if we feel there are injustices.

I'm sure you wouldn't like to live in a country like North Korea, where you would most certainly be executed if you expressed your dissatisfaction with Kim or didn't stand for their country's allegiance.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Well, if you respect your precious banner, why don't you respect the freedoms and liberties which are supposed to be upheld by living under it, INCLUDING this, and many other protests?

Why do you draw false equivalencies, between your indoctrination, and the patriotism expressed by those who, upon seeing a problem no one wants to deal with, raise it so that people can see little else?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Pledge of allegience shouldn't be forced but when people forget its meaning and importance and historical value. Then it needs to be mandatory or we lose the identity of what country we represent or why we did the things or mantras we recite.

People hate president Trump so much that they are willing to become anti-American to prove a point which makes no sense. Trump doesn't define what America is. The people do.
edit on 25-9-2017 by MrPitts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm struggling to find a logical reason for me to be devoted to a 'country'.

I love mother earth but my corrupt country can go F itself.

Patriotism is a tool of control.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I'm struggling to find a logical reason for me to be devoted to a 'country'.

I love mother earth but my corrupt country can go F itself.

Patriotism is a tool of control.

I pondered writing something similar but could not be arsed with the ensuing backlash that could come from it.

It really must be a cultural difference between us and some other nations as the flag to me means nothing.

I hate it when the world cup is on and every council estate and crappy car is covered in them for about a month.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I don't think it implies that at all, anymore than having "in God we trust" on the currency implies it's not meant for atheists to handle or use.

Don't you still use it and don't people still accept it from you? Do you go home at night and curl up in guilt because you used it in a fit of dishonesty? Somehow, I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It's about trying to forge a common group of people out a bunch of folks of various different races, cultures, backgrounds. Love of country is something we can unify on and agree on.

Take that away and you start dissolving into your little tribal groups.

Divide and conquer.

You all learned from your EU experiment how easy it is to meld people into a coherent whole, so the idea that we can become a "world community" of everyone is pretty well lost. Thanks to crap like this, we're dissolving from within.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I cant wait for the NFL players to join the war on Christmas. Watching Santa get chop blocked for not bringing me a Ferrari when I was ten would be sweet justice.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Let them kneel. It is a part of the Freedom we all enjoy, to be able to say "I don't like ......" in whatever way you want to say it. [ except violence ]
It is the very spirit of this country and what it was founded upon. We Can Not limit these Freedoms, just because we don't agree with how they express that dislike.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Please don't go off the rails telling me Voltaire didn't say it. I know. It still makes a very good point.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think the big issue is that most of us could not get away with making grand political gestures where we work without getting either severely reprimanded or canned, especially if we made our places of work a national circus of controversy like this. Also, the NFL does have rules about conduct during the national anthem that they are conveniently not enforcing. Also, recall when the Cowboys team asked the NFL if they could wear decals on their helmets supporting the Dallas PD after the massacre of those cops? Guess what they were told ... NO. Guess why ... because the NFL doesn't want to make political statements like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join