It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Who are you people?

Snap out of it. Your children will have to apologize for your hatred and lack of human empathy someday.

Americans have every right to peacefully protest.

Try embracing our differences and listening to other perspectives.

Or eat soap. Something.

Yuck.

Why would anyone's children have to apologize for their parents actions or thoughts? As free human beings aren't we only responsible for our own actions and thoughts? How can we be responsible for the actions of others, least of all the generations that preceded our existance?
edit on 24-9-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

About 15 teams participated with owner support

Incorrect. Rephrase. It wasnt the team . A few players on the team. A couple where the team was standing arm in arm
Much , much different than the way you and CNN pictured it

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Guess what? I am not participating in anymore NFL games this year unless this is resolved. Also what happened at the end of the Lions/Falcons game needs to be investigated also. Bye Bye NFL!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So many are talking about the players freedom to express themselves.
Well that's ok with me, but let's not forget the league already fines players for expressing themselves.

thecomeback.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: infolurker

About 15 teams participated with owner support

Incorrect. Rephrase. It wasnt the team . A few players on the team. A couple where the team was standing arm in arm
Much , much different than the way you and CNN pictured it

Anti-America CNN was counting the number of player/owners/coaches participating in the protests, as the games started today.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I kind of see this as a potential good thing in the long run, in a deprogramming way. We are one hell of a brainwashed country that MUST inject "patriotism" into everything. It's rather unbecoming, we're beginning to look a lot like North Korea's patriotism socially. The "be patriotic 24/7 exactly like I want, or I'll beat your ass!" antics of those foaming at the mouth should be alarming enough.
Once the fervor dies down, maybe we can just focus on enjoying spectator sports instead of mentally rubbing one out to the Anthem every game.

Seriously, sports. It's just a game, not the first wave of a seige. Why do we need to patriotically prostrate before one begins?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Apparently, they are choosing not to sanction the players for these protests.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I figure they are afraid of the blowback especially after the heat they took for hiding the CTE problem. Trying not to make waves.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You mean by calling bull# on the president?
edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: RomeByFire

You apparently have no clue how the constitution works.

This has nothing to do with constitutional rights. They're employed by a company and doing it on company time. NFL can end that whenever they like and it in no way violates their rights, just as your boss could fire you for kneeling in the middle of a board meeting and it too has nothing to do with constitutional rights.

Wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker What a load of twallop from the sea(chicken) hawks -bug off !

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Because most will want to or will feel the need to, like generations before, and sadly, those to come.

They may write of our time, that we were more connected digitally than ever before. Conversely, we are more disconnected from our common humanity and we let our disconnect make us resentful of the struggles of others.

I believe we will get past this and become better but not until we solve the causes rather than cuss the outcomes and protestations.

Good leaders help. We aren't there right now.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I though about that too.

So far we have seen how historical accounts has been attacked in order to erased them, now attacks to the nations anthem in order to stop patriotism, the best way to weaken a nation is from within.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If the kneeling is working, why do black on black murder rates continue to rise?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I though about that too.

So far we have seen how historical accounts has been attacked in order to erased them, now attacks to the nations anthem in order to stop patriotism, the best way to weaken a nation is from within.

They're trying to make Anti-American, "trend".

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tophat21

I watched that game, I am still trying to understand how some rules apply on certain occasions in a game.

What happen was a shame and unfair, at least in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Pretend they are all protesting for universal open carry 2nd Amendment rights and that they are kneeling in prayer with their weapons...

I don't know. Would that make a difference?

And they are not disrespecting the flag, they are kneeling. So what? Are they burning the flag? No. A

It's obviously pushing buttons by being non-PC, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: marg6043

I though about that too.

They're trying to make Anti-American, "trend".

Protest is anti-American? Gee, I must have read my Constitution wrong... Who knew?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
If the kneeling is working, why do black on black murder rates continue to rise?

They are not protesting the hundreds of black on black homicides, they are protesting a handfull of blacks shot by cops.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't get how disrespecting your country somehow helps the situation. Seems to me it's the exact opisit approach to make changes. Groups unite when they have a common cause. As citizens of a country you can use that to get other citizens to take up your cause. But maybe the point is to separate instead of unite. Separately nothing will change the founding fathers figured that out but it appears the lesson was lost along the way.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join