It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Yes, BS outrage.

Bye. Gotta run.
edit on 25-9-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: TheRedneck

They DO do that. The players give a LOT of time and money to their communities but that is ignored so that this BS outrage can continue.

Did you know that they have to?

It's part of their contract agreement with the NFL.

A sample. . .

Player agrees to perform up to a maximum of four (4) hours of service on the Houston Texans Internet Web Site (www.houstontexans.com), (or such other site as may be designated by Club) each month during the term of the Contract. Club and Player will mutually agree on dates and times of service.

(b) Player agrees to fulfill a minimum of eight (8) charitable or public relations/ promotion-related requests for Club during each League Year, provided Club makes the request with reasonable notice to Player and Player does not have any conflict with the date and time of the request. Player will make reasonable efforts to accommodate Club’s requests. These requests may include, but are not limited to, speaking engagements and personal appearances as a representative of Club.

(c) Player agrees to autograph items and memorabilia for Club charitable or public relations/promotional use as reasonably requested by appropriate Club officials.

www.sec.gov...
edit on 25-9-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Not even close Sparky. The average NFL salary is $2 mil.

www.bloomberg.com...

Out of that they have to pay agents, managers, trainers, etc. They ain't as rich as you think and still find the time and money to help their communities.

And no. It's not the criminals that they are protesting to protect. It's the innocents that are lumped in with them. You can call that BS all you like but it's a documented fact.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They DO do that. The players give a LOT of time and money to their communities but that is ignored so that this BS outrage can continue.

And yet they are the bad guys, huh?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Considering that they are paid by the NFL, which gets money to pay them from a combination of ticket sales, memorabilia sales, and TV advertising revenue which is based on viewership, I fail to see how destroying their financial base is helpful. This Sunday had the lowest ratings in seven years.

Also, who cares if their contributions are ignored by the average person... unless the purpose of their contributions is to acquire more kudos from their (now un)adoring fans? I give plenty of charity as well, mine out of want instead of excess, and I have never looked for accolades. Those who do so are not giving to help others, but to help themselves. Helping oneself is not cause for celebration.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Never saw that with a president before.

Keep that in your cache so you don't have to type it out manually for the next few years

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And yet they are the bad guys, huh?

just pointing out that they are mandated to do charity work.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The end game?

We need to stop treating Blacks Americans differently than other American citizens.

We target them arrest them and incarcerate them in ridiculous numbers. The use of non-lethal force against Blacks is 50% higher than Whites. The use of lethal force by LEOs needs to be under constant review and correction.

There you all go.

Next?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Considering that they are paid by the NFL, which gets money to pay them from a combination of ticket sales, memorabilia sales, and TV advertising revenue which is based on viewership, I fail to see how destroying their financial base is helpful. This Sunday had the lowest ratings in seven years.

I looked an hour ago. The Sunday numbers weren't out yet. They are now?

Also, who cares if their contributions are ignored by the average person... unless the purpose of their contributions is to acquire more kudos from their (now un)adoring fans?

No but then don't poopoo them either.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The average NFL salary is $2 mil.

OMG! I never realized how impoverished and mistreated these poor folk are!

Someone should start a GoFundMe page to help them rise out of poverty... I'm sure plenty of people making 20-30 thousand a year will be happy to help.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Ad absurdum doesn't suit you.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It's being reported as such.

I'm not "poopooing" anyone's charitable contributions. I admire those who give back when they make it big. But protesting the entire country's existence, the very society that allowed one to make such high incomes, isn't what I call "paying back." That's what I'm "poopooing."

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Pettiness doesn't suit you my friend. They are being portrayed as "multimillionaires". They aren't. Stars are but the average NFL player is lucky to make 1 mil. after everyone gets their cut. Secondly they aren't looking for financial help. A little envy on your part?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's definitely not my forte, but I'm learning. I seem to have an abundance of teaching volunteers.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

But protesting the entire country's existence, the very society that allowed one to make such high incomes, isn't what I call "paying back." That's what I'm "poopooing."

They are not protesting the entire country's existence.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

It's being reported as such.

Uh huh. I'll wait for the numbers.

I'm not "poopooing" anyone's charitable contributions. I admire those who give back when they make it big. But protesting the entire country's existence, the very society that allowed one to make such high incomes, isn't what I call "paying back." That's what I'm "poopooing."

TheRedneck

They obviously aren't doing it for themselves. Jeez. They are doing it for those not blessed with the aptitudes and skills that enabled them to make a better life.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

It's definitely not my forte, but I'm learning. I seem to have an abundance of teaching volunteers.

TheRedneck

I'll be more blunt; you're better than that foolishness that I referenced.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If this was the only time I were subjected to this kind of insanity, you might have a point about pettiness. But, as I have stated before, this for me is about keeping the damn identity politics out of one small piece of my life. I deal with it every time I look at the news, every time I log onto the Internet, every time I step out into public... and when I want to relax and watch a nice little football game, now I get to hear about it too.

Enough is enough. These players made good deals for their salaries and deserve them. They have every right to protest on their own time. But they do not have the right to promise me a relaxing game and then make a political statement out of it. At the very least, that's false advertising. Actually, it's more like harassment at this point.

Not to mention, the entire sport of football is under attack, not just the NFL. Between the concerns over concussion injuries and political correctness on the names of the teams, this is just another nail in the sport's coffin. Viewership is dropping, and that means revenue will drop. As revenue drops, the pay scales will drop. As that happens, college football will become less attractive to potential talent, because the rewards are not there for a career. And that will decrease the amount of other scholarships available... the Crimson Tide provides a ton of scholarships outside their athletic program financed by their athletic program.

But we don't need to worry about that. These guys have every right to forego their job in order to protest... what were they protesting again?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Then WHAT ARE THEY PROTESTING?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense
9:09 AM - Oct 8, 2013

FOCUS🤔

North Korea’s foreign minister Ri Yong Ho just had a rare press conference outside the United Nations in New York. And it’s not great. The diplomat declared that the US has declared war on North Korea. And he stressed that he hopes the world remembers that it was the US who declared war first in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join